Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 1439 Russian Diver Rose Dial Black Rubber Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

VINE VOICEon September 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I first opened the box I was floored with how large this watch is. The face is enormous. It is truly big enough that the time could be read from across a table or the distance of a small room. I was worried with my husband being able to even fit it comfortable, and he is a big guy. This watch is not for a man with a slender wrist or even for a guy with an above average one. This is for a guy with some meat on his bones. It fit my husband just fine, but even he was taken aback with how big the watch face is.

The detailing and packaging are lovely, both he and I are very familiar with the Invicta brand and they are of above average in quality. Some from their premium line men/women are simply gorgeous in details and value. My only weariness with the watch is the black rubber. Some watchbands, with time, tend to corrode when made of rubber due to sweat and salt, but he has an old Invicta with rubber bands that has held up over the years just fine where other brands have broken to the point of snapping in two.

Again, this is a big faced watch for a big guy, but it is a nice, sturdy watch with a beautiful, simplistic face.
VINE VOICEon September 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nice, big watch. Emphasis on big. It's the largest watch I own, and I own several. Still, it's nicely styled, very solid and heavy, and quite durable. Rated to 100 meters, it should take whatever elements you can throw at it. The rubber band is quite comfortable as well. Drawbacks: The crown cover extends several millimeters, and can limit the range of wrist movement. Also, the Tritnite luminous stripes on the clock hands are too small to be easily seen. Finally, if you're interested in the platinum plan extended warranty program to extend the warranty up to five years, the price of the plan is based on the suggested retail price rather than the price you actually pay. All that being said, you'll probably not need the warranty--this watch is heavy and solid, and probably could be used as a weapon during the zombie apocalypse. Overall, a great value and solid, good looking watch. I like it, and look forward to wearing it.
on August 5, 2014
Five stars is an understatement. This is an incredible watch and for the initial reatail value you cannot beat the price. The face is MASSIVE. People always compliment me on it especially women. If you have a small hand, this watch would look crazy on you. Being a bigger guy it looks like it was tailor made to my wrist. I recommend this watch to anyone who is a fanatic for watches. Invicta is a brand that surprisingly alot of people dont know about. I would advise buying as many of these watches as you can before the price goes up due to popularity.
VINE VOICEon September 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This watch is gorgeous, hefty, and well-made. Just remember this is a BIG watch. The face is 2 inches in diameter and the crown adds an additional 1/2 inch. So, if you like big watches, or if you are a big person and watches look small on you, this is for you! Comes packaged well in a yellow Invicta watch box that is inside a white nondescript box.
review image review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Russian Diver Watch has been around since the late 1950's, and watch enthusiasts and collectors who are familiar with them know that they are distinctively different from typical watches. Many people associate diver's watches with rotating bezels (to show remaining air) and Invicta certainly makes many watches like that. But with Russian Diver watches, the dials are large and spartan. Originally, they didn't even have second hands, making this one more like the SUV of watches. Most drivers may never take SUVs off the road, but they have the capability. And this watch may be great for diving, but many buyers will wear them just to make a bold statement. But if you ever find yourself in murky water, the oversized dial will certainly help.

When people say the watch is large, you expect a large watch. But you should expect this one to be larger than you expect it to be, even though you are expecting it to be large. The primary photo of the watch at the time I wrote this review showed the watch tilted slightly to the left. So the stem appeared proportionally larger. The stem cover is large enough to make a tire valve cover seem small, and the watch looks even larger compared to the stem than it does in the photo.

If not for the warranty, I'd give the watch five stars. The watch comes with a standard one year warranty, and can supposedly be extended to five years free of charge for Amazon customers. But the company says you must pay $28.00 (for S&H) to get it repaired. By law, a warranty with such a condition must be 'conspicuously designated a "limited warranty".' But they don't call it that. It doesn't cost that much to ship a watch, handling is part of the repair process, and full warranties aren't allowed to have shipping charges.

The watch is big, robust, has "Swiss parts movement," and is likely to last a long time. For a watch style that's supposed to have a hour and minute hand, has markings every 2.5 seconds, and has no date or chronograph, you don't have to worry about the details inherent in a watch that's somehow more polite. If you want something understated, don't let the simplicity of a three hand design fool you. This is not a piece of fine jewelry. It's a Sherman Tank for your wrist.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The following is my review of the Invicta 1439 Russian Diver Rose Dial Black Rubber Watch.

Although I don't own as many Invicta watches like a few associates on the WOTD nor have I had to deal with a messed up watch, so far the two I own...specifically my Pro Diver 8926C is still looking great and working very well as of today. When it comes to Russian watches, I have done my research on Vostok, Poljot, Aviator, Raketa, to name a few...as I have been wanting to purchase quite a few of them, but for today, my review is on the rose Invicta 1439 Russian Diver.

I. WHAT IS INVICTA? WHAT IS THEIR TIE TO RUSSIA?

Invicta was founded back in 1837 by Raphael Picard in La Chaux-de-fonds, Switzerland. The Picard family (no relation to Lucien Piccard watches) owned Invicta until it was purchased in 1991 and is now America-based (Florida) and owned by a U.S. investment company.

As for why they are releasing Russian diver watches? Back in 1959, Invicta was commissioned by the Russian Naval Fleet and made 100 time pieces for elite divers in the Russian Navy. While there are those who will polemicize the validity of this historic claim, I'm not going to. What I will tell you is that the company has been making Russian divers and have seen a number of people purchase this watch and showcase them on the Watch of the Day forums and many are happy about them. I have not read many complaints about Russian diver watches from Invicta yet. So, that's good.

II. PACKAGE

Like other Invicta watches, you get the yellow vinyl watch case with instruction manual and warranty.

III. THE REVIEW

When I first opened the case and held this watch in my hands, the first thing that came in to my mind "Wow! This thing is built like a tank!".

At 52 mm for its case and 16 mm thickness, you can't help but be amazed by its thickness and heaviness.

With a rose finish, the dial is mineral and the 1439 features a rubber banding with rose metal on the band and the buckle.

The case features rose finish, lume is not so big on the arms, in fact, it's just a stripe. So, if you have bad eyesight, you may not be able to tell the time. If you are diving and have a flash light, then with the big bulky san-seriff font, you can easily read the time. But I tested this in low-light to no light and could NOT see the lume.

The watch is 100mm water resistant which is indicated on the dial and you have the big Invicta logo with the Russian diver logo at the 12 o'clock position with minutes in white fonts in black.

Time is easily adjusted as you remove the crown cover (on the 3 o'clock position) which is chained to the watch and inside is the crown which you pull out to set the time. There are no adjustable buttons or days/dates to worry about.

On the back of the case is the "Invicta Russian Diver Since 1959" wording and slogan that says "Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, Come Hell or High Water" and that it uses Tritnite Night Glow. Also con the case back is the model, the repeated water resistance and that this is part of a signature collection that uses Swiss parts.

Here are a few key details:

* This is a Swiss Quartz watch, so it requires batteries. If you dive with this watch, I don't know how effective it will be after removing the case back to change the batteries and putting it back in. I've know divers who have disastrous experiences with non-functioning watches after taking a diving watch and having the case-back removed.

* This uses a rubber type of band. So, if you dive in salt water or if you want to protect this band, I highly recommend using something like Vinylex Quick Wipes. I use this for all my G-shocks and Pathfinder to protect the resin and also other watches with rubber-based bands.

* Bulky watches are not for those with thin wrists. If you have thin wrists, this is not the watch for you. This watch is bulky at 52 mm and even for me, with a bigger wrist, I have big watches but because the crown cover is so big, if you put your hand in the upright position, your top of the hand is going to hit that crown cover. So, I would not wear this watch during a sports match that you are competing...playing tennis or arm wrestling or anything where the hand may continually hit the crown cover.

JUDGMENT CALL:

I know many of my friends love bulky watches, I do to. But while my bulkier watches are Casio G-shock related, this is the first Russian diver watch and man, this watch is built like a tank, heavy and looks very tough. While, this particular watch will be loved by those who want thick, 52" mm watches that is rose-colored and with a black band, it's definitely an enticing watch.

I can't comment on the accuracy as I didn't have the watch for more than 3-months, 6-months or a year. So, far after a day, it has been going very well but I will return to this review if I noticed any major slow down or time increase.

But for those who do not like heavy watches nor do they like crowns interfering with watch movements, this certain watch may not be for you. Also, I can't tell you if its a watch that is suitable forscuba diving and I don't know how much the crown cover seals that crown area because I can still see water getting in there. I do not scuba dive but I do surf, so I'll probably test this watch to see how it works out in the ocean, so I will return to this review if the watch happens to break down.

But for the most part, I know people who love big watches that love the Invicta Russian Diver. It's a pretty cool watch that with rose, it doesn't look to blingy, which is good.

If you are looking for an Invicta Russian Diver watch in rose with black band, for it's price under $100, this 1439 Russian Diver may be for you!
on September 21, 2012
I really love this watch and the price here on Amazon seemed to be a good deal. I saw it on ShopNBC for almost $100 more. It is huge and that is one of the reasons I purchased it. The watch is very sleek and took me a minute to figure out the best setting to wear it on but once I did, I found it very comfortable. If you are looking for a sophisticated watch with a little bit of pimp, then this is for you.
review image
on May 23, 2012
This watch is amazing. It is the largest watch I have ever seen. Period. It is like having a wall clock on your wrist. You will get complimented on this watch. It is just of stunning quality, size, and of uniqueness. On a scale of 1-10, this is an 11. It is water proof(yes not water resistant, water proof!), which is why this is a Russian diver watch. If you are giving this as a gift, the recipient will not be disappointed, as it comes in a beautiful yellow box that might actually be leather! Whether you are a watch fanatic or not, or giving this as a gift, it will be a pleaser, as this watch is built like a tank, and is of immense beauty. Highly, highly recommended.
on October 10, 2011
First of all, if you are not a HUGE fan of large watches, stay far away from this gem, It's a monster! I absolutely love this watch. I have people from all walks of life comment on it. Love it, love it, love it!
VINE VOICEon September 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I expected this watch to be large, but since my husband has large hands, I thought it would look nice on him. Since he loves Invicta watches, I thought I'd get it for him. It absolutely dwarfs his hand. While this is too big for him to wear to work without getting in the way, I think it looks quite nice for more formal occasions. I wasn't sure about the rose color, but in person, the color looks more like a shiny new penny than anything rose-colored. I really like that, and I think its true color gives it a look of class.

All in all, this is a basic watch with basic functions. While much too large for every day use (like wearing to work), this will really set your man apart for nicer occasions. My husband likes that the large numbers make it easy to read the time, even without his glasses.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse