Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 15184SYB Pro Diver Blue Dial Stainless Steel Watch with Impact Case
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on November 6, 2013
This watch is fantastic but be ready to toss the watch if there are any issues.

This is a beautiful watch and it will attract attention. A few years ago getting a watch like this in the $100 price mark was a very good value. Seeing this in the $50-60 range is very nice.

The watch is beautiful and has a decent weight to it. The specs listed are accurate and you will definitely feel like you have something far more expensive on your wrist.

The clasp on this watch works perfectly but unfortunately I am not a fan. This is just a pet peeve of mine for this type of clasp. I think
My main problem here is with the way in which it impedes resizing. On top if that I never really understood why this clasp is on a watch for divers. I guess that it is very secure.

The item has not been used exclusively fir diving fir me so I cannot speak to the depth it can penetrate but I can say that it has withstood being fully submerged in water.

My main inspiration for writing this review here is for Invicta. This company provides great value but they seem to be unable to provide consistent service.

I have had an issue with their watched in the past and I have tried to use their warrantee. Be warned that it costs you $28 to get the watch sent to them for repair. Yes, 28 dollars to send them a watch that weighs less than two pounds.

To make things worse, after waiting three months the watch came back and it was still broken. It looked like there was a quick repair that didn't even survive shipping. I complained to the company but the best they could do was tell me to give them another $28 dollars and try again.

I have gone through multiple rounds complaining to them until I finally just gave up. I thought this was a fluke until searching the internet and finding many similar complaints. People seem to say they have sent their watches back and forth without any resolution.

Looking in to this further there seems to be a lot of claims with the better business bureau this year, fortunately it looks like many if these claims have been resolved in some form after dealing with the BBB. Is this a positive note...not really.

So this watch is a great value and I have had no issues with it. Unfortunately, this is a discount watch company and not every watch is made equally. Past record shows that invicta has a bad track record with reliability and their repairs appear to be a complete scam. I would love to give this a single star but I can't, the product I recieved is functional.

Beware if Invicta and their warranty. If you plan in buying from them be prepared to take a loss.
1111 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2014
This is basically an attractive watch. However about 6 months after it arrived it would not keep accurate time. The Amazon website said that there is a "one-year warrantee". I contacted the INVICTA company. After much difficulty with their phone system I finally spoke to a person who gave me some directions about the return. I returned the watch in July 2014. After hearing from the company, On September 1, 2014 I braved their phone system again to be told that there would be a repair cost of $28.00. The lady said that the repair involved the "movement mechanism". This company does stand behind this product. INVICTA does not reflect the quality that Amazon deserves.
on November 6, 2013
I like to buy watches, I know it's odd but I like owning them. I only buy ones with metal bands and out of all the Invicta are my favorites. I have several very good quality Rolex knockoffs, about a dozen Invicta, and a few others like Kennith Cole and the like. I would NEVER spend more than maybe $200 on a watch and have never gone over the $100 mark on an Invicta. The thing with them is they look and work amazing, but if it ever stops working then I just toss it in a box and won't wear it again. I have yet to have one fail (though this isn't an endorsement for their quality) so this isn't an issue for me. I have bought EVERY one of my Invictas through Amazon and ONLY through a gold box deal. Anyone who pays full price for one of these is a fool. Not saying this because they're not worth full price, but they are always selling one of the models for 90% off. If you want a sweet watch for cheap, this is your timepiece. If you're looking for something to pass down to your son and his son... I would look somewhere else.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 15, 2013
If they don't break they are great. On the other hand - better go check their ratings on the Better Business Bureau regarding their service where they rate an F grade with 181 complaints filed in 3 years and only 68 resolved. For comparison - Fossil watches rate an A+ for resolving complaints, Armitron has no complaints filed at all, Bulova rates a B grade with only 1 complaint filed in 3 years, Casio has 1 complaint in 3 years and good old Timex has had no complaints, Citizen has had only 5 complaints n 3 years. Honestly I like Invicta and own 2 myself but I just pushed my luck buying them and luckily they are running fine. But I would never take my "Pro Diver" watch 160 feet into water - I would hate to damage such a beautiful watch. With out screw down crown, common sense says they are unlikely to survive such pressure.

Now for the positive side. At the price these can be a great deal. Fit and finish is excellent and your friends are sure to be impressed. If it breaks after a year - buy another - they are cheaper than a "tune up" on a high end watch, trust me.

Invicta could easily turn their reputation around. The problem lies in Florida where they apparently don't treat customers very well. In my marketing days, I dealt with this often and fixed it. Here is some advice to Invicta for what it is worth. At the prices these sell for, the $28 warranty "handling" charge covers the wholesale cost of most their lower end watches. Rethink the service part, Invicta and become a truly GREAT watch company. Simply send folks a new watch when they send one in for service. Wow them, send it the same day. Hire folks to call up and follow up after they get their new watch (and get testimonials.) You can repair and resell the ones sent in as "refurbished." Many companies do business this way. Fixing an under $100 product in a hurry is usually not worth the effort. Go join BBB and clear up those unresolved complaints by giving them new watches. Hire someone to recreate your service department and turn it into an asset rather than a liability. You would sell a ton more watches that way.

So bottom line, pay a discount price and take your chances...
on February 3, 2014
I was hesitant at first to purchase this watch. I liked the way it looked, but never heard of Invicta. I read some reviews and decided to buy it. The watch is very high quality, something that I am very surprised with especially given the reasonable price.
on June 23, 2015
I have an Invicta watch that has been running on the original battery for 10 years and still runs without a hitch. I hope that this one is at least half as good. I am not good at visualizing the size of things from the published specifications and this watch is a bit larger and thicker than I would have liked. It is an attractive looking watch and to date runs accurately. One caution- unless you have very large wrists you will need links taken out of the band. I have the necessary tools and was able to do this myself but most will likely want to take it to a jeweler.
on December 18, 2013
Watch looks very nice and has a nice weight to it. Band is massive and you will more then likely have to remove a lot of the links(I had to take out 4). 1 of the pins in the band broke after about a month so I will half to replace that but all in all for $50 not to bad.
on January 15, 2016
Very good looking watch. It comes in a high quality yellow plasticInvicta case. Watched appears to be actual Invicta, not a knock off. It comes very large, so we had to have a lot of links removed for it to fit my husbands wrist. I saw watches like this from Invicta for way more than I paid from Amazon at JC Penny this Christmas.
on November 10, 2013
A good looking watch that is basic to what you truly need and bought a diver's watch for the ruggedness and of course the waterproofness. Since it is stainless steel construction it is a bit on the heavier than normal side of an everyday watch.
on December 4, 2015
My husband has wanted an Invicta watch for a long time and when I saw this one, I knew he would not be disappointed. This watch is beautiful. I was afraid of hurting it when I took it out of the awesome yellow case it came in! It has a great weight to it. It is definitely a show stopper!