BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 30, 2012
This Invicta Lupah special edition watch is gorgeous in every way, shape, and form. I was so impressed not only with the watch, but the quickness of receiving it that I felt compelled to write within hours of receiving this. Now, I am a huge Amazon fan (complete with a store card :)) and am always impressed with Amazon and their shipping practices, but this one takes the cake.

First, let's speak to the watch. I wanted something that was very nice and durable, heavier yet still elegant, to wear every day to work with my all black attire. I ordered this Invicta watch not having owned Invicta watches before. The last watch I had was a Fossil resin watch. I took it out of the box and immediatly was taken aback. The watch itself is sturdy, feels heavy enough, is beautifully crafted, yet not too overwhelming for my dainty wrists. The face merrys very well with the band (as in, there is a smooth transition between face and band, and it gradually tapers on the sides of the face to merry up nicely to the band. The closure is also made very well, and matches the same finish and quality o the face. The small Invicta logo is stamped into the small closure, and is not over powering or overwhelming. The mother of pearl face is something to not forget either. It is a beautiful soft ivory, with no obvious streaking or blemishes. The hands of the watch have slight illumination for ease of reading in darker conditions. I put it on immediately and love how it looks and feels. I will agree that the bands are a little stiff, but that is the best part of a new watch- wearing in the band so it fits your wrist perfectly. Overall, timeless, elegant piece that is a steal, absolute STEAL at this price. This is a must have. I am considering ordering another one as back up so that when the time might come many, many years down the line that I need to replace it, I'll already have a spare.

Second, Amazon shipping was on point this time around. I ordered this watch Sunday night (before Memorial Day) and received it mid-day today, Wednesday. WOW! I mean, can you get any faster, especially when I chose SUPER SAVING free shipping? Amazon went above and beyond. They also took the care to package my watch in a bigger box than the box housing it and the bands, and put in air pillows for smoother transportation. A++++ in my book with this one.

I can't wait to show everyone my new watch!!!! And I also can't wait to play with all the bands. The seafoam and pink colors are much darker than the picture which is wonderful. The ivory is a very nice color, and the brown is more of a mahogany color. Beautiful, beautiful!!!!
on March 7, 2013
Though I did just receive this today, I wore it from the time I opened the package to bedtime. When purchased, I was a bit confused by the mixed reviews, although most were favorable (which is why I committed to the purchase). I must admit that I love a bigger watch face. Always have....always will. This is a large watch face, however it isn't the largest in my collection, nor is it the heaviest. If you remember the older kinetic watches (mine was a seiko), they are what I would consider a bit bulky. This watch is nothing like that. I have a 6.5" wrist, and usually wear a 7" bracelet and I suffered no discomfort from this watch at all. In fact it was love at first sight. The MOP face is gorgeous! The weight was unnoticeable to me, and the bands, though new and stiff, softened and conformed nicely to my wrist in the short time I wore it. It came with the black band already on it, but I changed it to white (cream) for the last 3 hours and can't wait to try the others as color coordination permits. As for others who experience issues with bands cracking....it might be worth mentioning that it's a bad idea to crease the band backward when either buckling on or taking off, as this can weaken the leather on any watch band or belt for that matter.

As I said, I've had this watch for only a matter of hours, but based on my experience with different watches and bands and weights, I don't anticipate a problem with this one. Invicta has a very strong positive reputation as a company, and as this is my first Invicta watch, I look forward to becoming, yet another fan/collector.
on January 16, 2014
After wearing a silver & gold-toned bracelet watch for over 20 years I was ready for a change. I went to various stores around town and checked numerous sites online. Although I originally wanted a round dial, the style of this Baby Lupah was vey appealing; plus, having 4 additional wrist-bands (ivory, brown, pink, & aqua) sounded like a great idea to me. It was like having 2 watches - one for summer and one for winter!

I read many of the reviews about the watch - good and not so good - but still liked the look of the watch so much (and the price!) that I bit the bullet and made the purchase. The wrist-bands are a little stiff at first but with every wearing that issue becomes less of a problem. It's pretty easy to change the bands, too, and I don't have much in the way of fingernails! One consumer's complaint was the thickness of the dial. I agree that the dial is not flat but it certainly doesn't take away from the overall very stylish look of the watch. I have a tiny, tiny wrist but the watch still fits great and looks good too. The mother-of-pearl dial face is quite nice, as well. If I had one complaint (and it's not a big one), it would be that the numerals might be a little hard to make out in certain lighting. The numerals are quite large so that's not the problem. I think it might be the way the mother-of-pearl shimmers in bright lighting so the numerals are a little harder to read. Other than that the watch is just perfect and I am very, very happy with my purchase.
on February 7, 2014
This watch is incredible!!! Beautiful, very good quality, and like getting 5 different watches with the interchangeable bands! I read the reviews that said the watch bands were very long and very stiff, and some even said they weren't leather, but as far as I can tell, they are very good quality and made of real leather. They ARE stiff right out of the box, but I've worn mine for two days now, and it's comfortable and starting to soften up. I also have VERY small wrists, like almost child-sized, and these bands fit, no problem. I do have to wear them on the last hole, but I love this watch, and it hasn't bothered me. It stays in place, and goes with just anything. Love the classy simplicity and elegance of this watch. It's fashionable without being over the top, and really easy to read/see. Also, the colors are really nice. Definitely recommend this watch. It's a GREAT buy.
on November 7, 2013
Great gift item! The watch is gorgeous and the various bands are easy to change without tools and vary the look a lot; so it’s like getting 5 separate watches. I have been happy with Invictia quality (I have a 3 year history with them) and the style is visually arresting. Make sure you register your timepiece with Invicta for a free warranty extension to 5 years.
on June 29, 2011
UPDATE - NOVEMBER 2011 - I've now had the watch for about 4 months and have worn it almost daily. The problem are the bands. I've worn the dark grey and cream most often, and they are both starting to show significant signs of wear. The grey cracked (and this is the second grey band I've tried - the first one cracked the first time I put it on and had to return it - Invicta did replace it for free, but it was a little bit of a process). The cream hasn't cracked yet, but the top surface is wearing off. As other reviewers have mentioned, there's no way it's leather. If it was, no one would wear leather bands because they don't last. I really like the watch, I just don't know how long it's going to last because once the bands are worn and unusable, I'm not going to replace them as they are too expensive.

****

July review,

For the bad...

I just received the watch. Haven't had it for more than 5 minutes. I'm trying it on for the first time and as I'm trying to push one of the bands through the loop on the back around my wrist, the band cracks! Not kidding. This is as I was trying it on for the first very first time. I wasn't being rough with it at all (it was very difficult to put through though because the first loop doesn't move and it's really close to the watch itself. Here's a tip - to prevent this from happening, you have to work the leather a bit to loosen it up. Maybe I should have known this but I don't even remember the last time I had a watch with a leather band.

Now for the good...

It's a really cool watch. I bought it because it was an Invicta and a really good price (even though the price went even lower right after I bought it - errrg to Amazon) but I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it. I actually really love it. And the bands are really pretty.

So, we'll see how customer service is. I realize the bands aren't covered under the warranty, but really? I was just trying to put the thing on. If Invicta customer service fixes the problem, I'll give it 5 stars because I really like it. If not, I might even lower it to 1.

UPDATE - Okay, I'm updating my review to 5 stars. Invicta customer service came through and sent me out a replacement band after I returned the cracked one. Shipping still had to be paid for to get the band there, but they waived the shipping charge to send the new band back, which would have cost me an additional $12 (but apparently the bands are regularly $42 so it sounds like I was getting a good deal according to the representative). There was no way I was paying money to have the replacement band shipped to me so they waived the fee. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, although still a tad peeved that shortly after I purchased the watch it went down more than $10 on Amazon - glad to see it's back up again to what I paid for it.

I've heard from family that their Invicta watches didn't last more than a year (theirs stopped working, even with a battery change). For the price, if it lasts a year, I'll be happy. One thing that's impressive is the face of the watch is still in really good shape even after wearing it daily since I received it (probably a month or so ago). I've had watches in the past that scratched fairly easy so I'm happy this one still looks like new.
on January 11, 2017
I was really hesitant to order this watch. Some of the posted reviews were pretty rough on it....saying the face was messed up, the bands split, the battery was tough to get replaced and on and on.......Since I just got it on Monday I cannot attest to the battery life....but I can about the rest!!! This is a great little watch for the money!!! The face of my watch is perfect!!! The bands were all stiff, but very easy to bend and put on the watch (with that easy changenout system it's so easy!!!). No bands split....no disappoint here!!!! I got those negative reviews cause you will miss out on a great little watch!! Pure Invicta, 100% Invicta!!!
on January 14, 2014
I love this watch! I was skeptical, becuase of the discounted price. Plus its hard to buy something like this, without touching it and seeing it first hand. My boyfriend told me that Invicta was legit, and he has several of their men's watches. So, I decided to order it and see what happened! i love it! its so perfect. The band is stiff, but I assume just because its new. It still fits perfectly and looks fantastic. Some of the reviews siad that the band has cracked or whatever; mine hasnt yet and doesnt seem like it would. Its still new, but...
Anyway,its beautiful and I've had several compliments on it. Totally worth the $59.00!!!!! Love it.
on June 21, 2013
I was a little hesitant to purchase this baby Lupah because of some of the mixed reviews, but I'm glad I did. The bands are leather, and yes, they're stiff... but nothing that won't become a little more flexible with each wear. Considering this is a "Lupah", which is Greek for "to magnify", it's going to be a domed glass. WITHOUT THE DOMED GLASS, IT'S NOT A LUPAH! Maybe some people don't understand that this is what they're getting, as I read some complaints about the size of the face or how thick it it was from the bottom of the case to top of the face. Personally, I don't think it's too large. The MOP face is subtle, with a soft sheen. I haven't worn it very often, but the few times that I've switched out the bands it was pretty easy. It's a great value for a watch that can be quickly changed to finish an outfit.
Enthusiast: Makeupon January 22, 2014
The watches comes in a lovely white box with an assortment of bands all displayed to great advantage and makes the presentation of it as a gift really great. My mother absolutely loves this watch, especially how easy it is to switch out bands to coordinate with her clothing. She has arthritis in her fingers but is able to swap bands quite easily without assistance. And the price can't be beat.