Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 30, 2016
It's not a Rolex, which may be a good thing. If you are looking for a durable,everyday watch, you really can't do much better than an Invicta. Like most volume watchmakers, with a strong on-line and shopping network presence, retail prices are a joke. NO ONE has ever paid retail for an Invicta, or anything close to retail.
About this watch, you get genuine leather straps, which are easily swappable. This is a very distinctive-looking timepiece, and a business partner of mine (a guy on network television 5 days a week) owns the men's version, so it must be fashionable. This being a quartz model means it will keep nearly flawless time (better than the aforementioned Rolex--trust me), with battery replacement needed only every few years.
Keep in mind, this is not a petite woman's watch, so may not be ideal for women who prefer a small watch. It IS too small for a man's wrist, and the men's sizing is quite large, so keep that in mind if you are looking for a men's model. However if your wife/girlfriend/whatever likes a larger watch, this is not a bad choice.
My personal bias is to avoid a gold-layered or plated model, since anything other than a watch cut from real gold, will lose that gold look in high wear areas of the watch. I have not put Invicta's "Swiss Gold" durability to the test, so I really can't dispute Invicta's claims of durability, however I would still avoid the gold-plated models.
That said, for the price of a cheap watch, with the Invicta Baby Lupah, or any Invicta, you are getting a REAL watch, you just won't get much in the way exclusivity. For a daily beater, I would say you can't go wrong.
on January 11, 2017
I was really hesitant to order this watch. Some of the posted reviews were pretty rough on it....saying the face was messed up, the bands split, the battery was tough to get replaced and on and on.......Since I just got it on Monday I cannot attest to the battery life....but I can about the rest!!! This is a great little watch for the money!!! The face of my watch is perfect!!! The bands were all stiff, but very easy to bend and put on the watch (with that easy changenout system it's so easy!!!). No bands split....no disappoint here!!!! I got those negative reviews cause you will miss out on a great little watch!! Pure Invicta, 100% Invicta!!!
on June 29, 2011
UPDATE - NOVEMBER 2011 - I've now had the watch for about 4 months and have worn it almost daily. The problem are the bands. I've worn the dark grey and cream most often, and they are both starting to show significant signs of wear. The grey cracked (and this is the second grey band I've tried - the first one cracked the first time I put it on and had to return it - Invicta did replace it for free, but it was a little bit of a process). The cream hasn't cracked yet, but the top surface is wearing off. As other reviewers have mentioned, there's no way it's leather. If it was, no one would wear leather bands because they don't last. I really like the watch, I just don't know how long it's going to last because once the bands are worn and unusable, I'm not going to replace them as they are too expensive.

****

July review,

For the bad...

I just received the watch. Haven't had it for more than 5 minutes. I'm trying it on for the first time and as I'm trying to push one of the bands through the loop on the back around my wrist, the band cracks! Not kidding. This is as I was trying it on for the first very first time. I wasn't being rough with it at all (it was very difficult to put through though because the first loop doesn't move and it's really close to the watch itself. Here's a tip - to prevent this from happening, you have to work the leather a bit to loosen it up. Maybe I should have known this but I don't even remember the last time I had a watch with a leather band.

Now for the good...

It's a really cool watch. I bought it because it was an Invicta and a really good price (even though the price went even lower right after I bought it - errrg to Amazon) but I wasn't sure how much I was going to like it. I actually really love it. And the bands are really pretty.

So, we'll see how customer service is. I realize the bands aren't covered under the warranty, but really? I was just trying to put the thing on. If Invicta customer service fixes the problem, I'll give it 5 stars because I really like it. If not, I might even lower it to 1.

UPDATE - Okay, I'm updating my review to 5 stars. Invicta customer service came through and sent me out a replacement band after I returned the cracked one. Shipping still had to be paid for to get the band there, but they waived the shipping charge to send the new band back, which would have cost me an additional $12 (but apparently the bands are regularly $42 so it sounds like I was getting a good deal according to the representative). There was no way I was paying money to have the replacement band shipped to me so they waived the fee. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, although still a tad peeved that shortly after I purchased the watch it went down more than $10 on Amazon - glad to see it's back up again to what I paid for it.

I've heard from family that their Invicta watches didn't last more than a year (theirs stopped working, even with a battery change). For the price, if it lasts a year, I'll be happy. One thing that's impressive is the face of the watch is still in really good shape even after wearing it daily since I received it (probably a month or so ago). I've had watches in the past that scratched fairly easy so I'm happy this one still looks like new.
on May 30, 2012
This Invicta Lupah special edition watch is gorgeous in every way, shape, and form. I was so impressed not only with the watch, but the quickness of receiving it that I felt compelled to write within hours of receiving this. Now, I am a huge Amazon fan (complete with a store card :)) and am always impressed with Amazon and their shipping practices, but this one takes the cake.

First, let's speak to the watch. I wanted something that was very nice and durable, heavier yet still elegant, to wear every day to work with my all black attire. I ordered this Invicta watch not having owned Invicta watches before. The last watch I had was a Fossil resin watch. I took it out of the box and immediatly was taken aback. The watch itself is sturdy, feels heavy enough, is beautifully crafted, yet not too overwhelming for my dainty wrists. The face merrys very well with the band (as in, there is a smooth transition between face and band, and it gradually tapers on the sides of the face to merry up nicely to the band. The closure is also made very well, and matches the same finish and quality o the face. The small Invicta logo is stamped into the small closure, and is not over powering or overwhelming. The mother of pearl face is something to not forget either. It is a beautiful soft ivory, with no obvious streaking or blemishes. The hands of the watch have slight illumination for ease of reading in darker conditions. I put it on immediately and love how it looks and feels. I will agree that the bands are a little stiff, but that is the best part of a new watch- wearing in the band so it fits your wrist perfectly. Overall, timeless, elegant piece that is a steal, absolute STEAL at this price. This is a must have. I am considering ordering another one as back up so that when the time might come many, many years down the line that I need to replace it, I'll already have a spare.

Second, Amazon shipping was on point this time around. I ordered this watch Sunday night (before Memorial Day) and received it mid-day today, Wednesday. WOW! I mean, can you get any faster, especially when I chose SUPER SAVING free shipping? Amazon went above and beyond. They also took the care to package my watch in a bigger box than the box housing it and the bands, and put in air pillows for smoother transportation. A++++ in my book with this one.

I can't wait to show everyone my new watch!!!! And I also can't wait to play with all the bands. The seafoam and pink colors are much darker than the picture which is wonderful. The ivory is a very nice color, and the brown is more of a mahogany color. Beautiful, beautiful!!!!
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 16, 2014
After wearing a silver & gold-toned bracelet watch for over 20 years I was ready for a change. I went to various stores around town and checked numerous sites online. Although I originally wanted a round dial, the style of this Baby Lupah was vey appealing; plus, having 4 additional wrist-bands (ivory, brown, pink, & aqua) sounded like a great idea to me. It was like having 2 watches - one for summer and one for winter!

I read many of the reviews about the watch - good and not so good - but still liked the look of the watch so much (and the price!) that I bit the bullet and made the purchase. The wrist-bands are a little stiff at first but with every wearing that issue becomes less of a problem. It's pretty easy to change the bands, too, and I don't have much in the way of fingernails! One consumer's complaint was the thickness of the dial. I agree that the dial is not flat but it certainly doesn't take away from the overall very stylish look of the watch. I have a tiny, tiny wrist but the watch still fits great and looks good too. The mother-of-pearl dial face is quite nice, as well. If I had one complaint (and it's not a big one), it would be that the numerals might be a little hard to make out in certain lighting. The numerals are quite large so that's not the problem. I think it might be the way the mother-of-pearl shimmers in bright lighting so the numerals are a little harder to read. Other than that the watch is just perfect and I am very, very happy with my purchase.
on November 24, 2015
My wife loves this watch. This is her second one because the first one had lost two screws out of the back for some odd reason. After multiple calls to Invicta's factory and prepaying for 3 replacement screws I never got them after 6 months although I was told they were shipped twice. I finally got the name of the CEO' and wrote him a letter and included a picture of the 10 Invicta watches I had bought in the past, some fairly expensive. A month later I finally got an order with 3 screws in it, but they were the wrong screws. And, not even a letter appoligizing for the problems I went through. This is not Amazons fault, but a warning to all if you need service from Invicta.
on June 21, 2013
I was a little hesitant to purchase this baby Lupah because of some of the mixed reviews, but I'm glad I did. The bands are leather, and yes, they're stiff... but nothing that won't become a little more flexible with each wear. Considering this is a "Lupah", which is Greek for "to magnify", it's going to be a domed glass. WITHOUT THE DOMED GLASS, IT'S NOT A LUPAH! Maybe some people don't understand that this is what they're getting, as I read some complaints about the size of the face or how thick it it was from the bottom of the case to top of the face. Personally, I don't think it's too large. The MOP face is subtle, with a soft sheen. I haven't worn it very often, but the few times that I've switched out the bands it was pretty easy. It's a great value for a watch that can be quickly changed to finish an outfit.
on January 22, 2015
I agree with some of the other viewers. The straps are pretty stiff right out of the box. I'm wrapping up some of my straps with rubber bands to see if I can get them to be bendy before I wear them. That being said, the watch is quite beautiful and the face is super duper easy to read. There are even glow in the dark parts on the hands of the clock! Also, one of the straps turned out to be more pinkish than orangish in person. otherwise everything is pretty much as pictures.
on May 30, 2014
I really wanted to like this watch. I have gotten my husband a couple of Invicta watches, and he has been very happy with them. My battery went dead on my very affordable Relic watch. Rather than replace the battery (since the watch was missing a couple of rhinestones around the edge), I just ordered this watch on Amazon. It is attractive. The watch hands glow very well in the dark so you can see the time in lack of light. The mother-of-pearl dial is nice. However, the five watch bands that come with it are very stiff, and the band keeper was so sharp on my wrist it hurt. It also broke within the first day, which was actually a relief, except for the fact that the band is long on my small wrist, and gets caught on everything. Also, due to the stiffness, it twists on my wrist, so that the face of the watch is never in a place where I can read it...especially inconspicuously, which I tend to do when I am getting anxious to end a meeting, etc. The shape of the crystal is so convex, it distorts the face, unless it is squarely pointed at you. so it is really difficult for a quick glance. You have to really look at it straight on. It looks good on my wrist. I am not good at returning low cost items via mail, so I will be keeping it.
on March 13, 2018
BAD "leather" straps. They are sent flat, as expected. However, a wrist is not flat so the leather must be bent to fit into the buckle. On the first attempt to buckle the band the strap cracked in 3 places. Yes, this set comes with alternate straps, but only one black set. I am afraid to try the others. Is this really leather??
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse