Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 6996 Pro Diver Collection GMT Black Sport Watch
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 23, 2011
Let me start off my by saying that I am not a watch snob in such a way that I only wear Rolex or Seiko and/or automatic movement watches. Along those same lines, I cannot honestly comment on the built-quality, movement class, or longevity of this piece. What I can offer, though, is a casual watch collector's immediate reactionary opinions based on a couple of days' wearing of this watch.

I knew going into this purchase that Invicta does come with a negative stigma among watch collectors for being a 'style over substance' brand. That said, I do pride myself on style, and the style of this piece is what grabbed my attention. My current (small) collection consists of an Akribos XXIV Spacely, a Phillippe Starck Sateltium, and now this Invicta 6996. Let me first say that at a purchase price of $100.39, I feel that this watch is a great value.

This watch is HUGE. Know that going in. It feels like it's built like a rock. The weight of this beast definitely feels like a brick strapped to your wrist. That said it is an awesome, manly, stylish watch. Out of the box, the strap is thick and stiff. I'll have to wait and see if it loosens up a little bit with use. I purchased this to be my daily wearer watch, and as such I wanted something sporty that can go in the pool and withstand athletic activities (hence the choice of the polyurethane bane over the stainless bracelet). This watch definitely fits that bill.

This watch is definitely not for everyone. It is big, it is heavy, and it commands attention. I think that large Invicta watches similar to this one with loud colors on the face or band may be too much. This one works because of the understated color scheme, but quite honestly is loud enough with its commanding size. I think that this particular model is the perfect balance of utility, style, and attention-grabbing charisma.

I am somewhat shallow in that I love when people come up to me and say, "Cool watch!" I am confident, much like the other timepieces in my collection, that this one will get similar comments and attention.
55 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2013
I bought this watch for my boyfriend for a very special event in his life. I was a little nervous because of how cheap the price is. I ordered it and it was here the very next day!! I was shocked!! I opened the box and the sight of this watch took my breath away. I could not believe how beautiful it is! The picture truly dos not do it any justice. I was so excited I couldn't wait. I had to give it to him early. I have bought him watches in the past that he has liked but nothing compared to the reaction when he opened this one. He was so excited and couldn't believe it either. He has been wanting a watch that he can wear every day with anything and this is it!!! He is a bigger man so a lot of watches look funny on his wrist. This watch is extremely large but looks wonderful on him. He says it is very comfortable to wear and has already received many compliments on it. The picture makes it look kind of dull and it is not at all dull. It is shiny and beautiful. I am so glad I made this purchase and so is he!!
on February 10, 2012
I like the strong look, weight, and quality of the watch. My only dissapointment is the dial and hands say "luminous" and after a 4 hr exposure to direct light it should glow in the dark, accordling to the Invicta manual. After calling the company they say it was a mistake in print on this piece, as I had the watch in direct sunlight for five hours and it doesn't read in the dark. Unfortunate if you are looking to depend on this "luminous" feature in water, or it's dark and trying to read the time. It still has "luminous" in the product descpription on Amazon.
on January 14, 2012
I wish Amazon would've been upfront and indicated in the description of this watch, that it is not "Swiss Made". I wouldn't have any problem if they would disclosed the differences, because how else can you get a watch with a MSRP of almost $700 for a mere $100 bucks, right? The watch is not bad quality but I can't say for sure because I can't compare to the Swiss Made version and these differences are external, who knows what's inside...right?

Here are some of the cosmetic differences from the watch advertised/pictured here: The watch advertised has clearly the word "Swiss" on the dial, mine doesn't. The watch is supposed to have luminous indicators for glow-in-the-dark, I think Invicta's version is called "Tritnite". Well, I tried leaving the watch on sunlight for hours to see if it would activate it and nothing. So forget about telling time in darkness. The watch pictured has screws on the side of the band, this one doesn't. The back of the watch I got says "Swiss parts movement", the advertised on the photo clearly reads "Swiss". I wish that somebody in Amazon reads this and corrects this deceptive practice, because now I have to return the watch and hope that the next one I order is as advertised.
1414 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2011
I just received this watch. My first impression is that I like it! It's BIG and HEAVY. Those are two things that I like in my watches. I'm a big man and need a watch that does not disappear in my wrist. It looks well built, easy to read and simple. I like simple. The band is wide and comfortable. This is my first Invicta. I was looking for an everyday watch to keep my expensive timepieces home and use only on special occasions.

I'm not a diver but based on logic, I would think that if you dive with this watch as long as you dive in clear water the nice big dial should be easy to read, however I think that in murky dark water you may have difficulty reading the dial because it seems hard to read in the dark. The dial numbers do not glow in the dark, but I knew this going in. I just thought this would be an important note for anyone thinking of diving with this watch.

Sporty and masculine and did I mention simple? It has all I need in a watch. Time will tell about durability, but I do have two friends that own a few Invicta watches and they sing their praises. Their experience, prompted me to give this brand a try.

So, if you like a nice sporty, big, heavy and simple watch that looks good and does it's job, give this one a try.

Jorge
on January 10, 2016
My husband is a big guy (in the good sense) and this watch is nice and bulky and holds it's own against his large arms. It is a little heavy, even for him, so if you like a heavy watch, you will love it! Very stylish and oversized, I love it!
Please rate if you find helpful
on September 6, 2015
Great watch! Good looking masculine watch. Heavy and feels very solidly built. I've had it only about a week so time will tell more about its function. I would give it five stars if the glow in the dark feature worked better, and to me, the second hand blends in too much with the background which makes it difficult to see. Being a registered nurse this is a practical feature but ultimately I just wanted an inexpensive, sharp looking watch for daily use and it's good looking enough to wear out on a date or at a special function.
on April 20, 2015
Wow, this watch is a beast. I like big, heavy watches. This one definitely fits those criteria. The face depth (the actual watch part) is deeper than I expected. It sits up very high off the wrist. I'm still getting used to the rubber watch band, though. Most of my watches are either metal or leather band. The rubber band is still a little stiff, but I am hoping it will break in over time and get more comfortable.

I read some reviews about the watch not saying "Swiss" but showing that in the product image. I don't see that anywhere in the image. There is a swiss cross shown on the badge at the 12:00 spot. My watch also has this cross. I also saw some complaints about the glow-in-the-dark parts not glowing. I haven't really checked that yet, but it's not a big deal to me.

All-in-all, I'm really happy with this watch. My goal was to find a more casual watch that also looked awesome. I think Invicta nailed it! And the price was superb.
on February 8, 2012
The watch that I recd is different from the pic shown. The watch that I recd does not have the Swiss writing below the water resistant writing as in the pic shown on amazon web site. It does take away a lot of charm and value from the watch. I am highly disappointed as the item is not exactly the same as the pic on amazon web site.
on November 12, 2014
The black on the band is already scratching off after two months. After 6 months water leaked into the face of the watch. It no longer works. They do offer a replacement if you send in the paper work however we went past the dead line and we're not able to get a replacement. So if you chance buying it make sure to send in the warranty papers!