Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 5773 II Collection Eagle Force Stainless Steel Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School STEM

on November 8, 2011
Pros: Their Flame fusion crystal is really scratch resistant. Better than a mineral crystal.

Cons: Heavy. Almost too heavy. It loses almost 2 minutes each month. The rest... see below.

I received this watch as a Father's Day present in 2010, and at first I was impressed that my wife found an Invicta watch at such an affordable price. This watch is listed at a "retail" price of $395; however, upon googling the model number (#5773), I couldn't find a single retailer that sold it for more than $80. It has only a 1 year warranty... on a "$395" dollar watch?? Something just didn't add up. Within 9 months I noticed that it had stopped working. I tapped on the back, and it started up again. I didn't think about it again until happened again, about 2 weeks after the warranty expired. I opened the back and noticed that the battery is not held securely. This happens on a more frequent basis now -- about once a month.

Two weeks ago, the second hand popped off. I was typing on my computer when it came off (I type fast, but c'mon!). It slides around on the watch face and sometimes gets jammed under the hands, stopping all hand movement. This caused me to be late to a meeting since my watch was telling the wrong time. I called Invicta and asked how much it will cost to get the watch repaired: $28 for a hand set + $28s&h! $56 to fix a $41 watch??? The rep insisted that the watch is $395. Upon checking the Invicta web site, I found the shipping instructions and the non-warranty repair price list. Any repair will cost $28 right off the top for shipping & handling, and the price list shows that a hand set costs 7% of "retail value". How many people would actually consider this to be a $400 watch or would actually be willing to spend that much on this watch?

If this watch was truly a $400 watch, there is no way that a retailer could make a profit selling it for 10-15% of it's MSRP. It's pretty obvious what is happening: Invicta artificially inflates the MSRP of their watches so that when people buy them at a realistic price we think we're getting a great deal. That is dishonest.

Even the Extended Warranty is costly since it is based off of the MSRP. The extended warranty costs $45 for this watch -- plus the $28s&h to send it in. In the long run, it's more cost effective to just buy another watch...

from another manufacturer with more honest pricing.
on December 28, 2009
I received the watch for Christmas and I've been blown away by the quality. This is by far the best watch I've owned and definitely worth the money. It's hard to believe this watch is being sold for this price.
on January 5, 2010
I recived this watch yesterday. Only two days from ordering to delivery. The one thing about this watch you should be prepared for is the size of the watch. It is huge and will take some getting used to. It is really heavy and feels like quality. I am calling it my grandfather clock watch.
on December 28, 2011
I bought this as a present for my husband after his previous watch broke. He loved how large the face was and the style of the watch, however within a few months one of the pins that holds the bracelet to the face fell out and we were unable to recover it. We took it to several jewelers to see if they could have it fixed figuring it would be cheaper and faster than paying to ship it back to Invicta for the warranty, but everyone told us that was what we would have to. Invicta charges $28 for shipping and handling even when you are claiming a warranty issue. We decided that the best plan of action would be to put that money towards a new watch instead. It could have been a fluke that this happened to be the watch we received but I don't know that I would try another Invicta to find out. We ended up buying a basic watch from Kohl's that a local jeweler can fix if something goes wrong.
on January 21, 2011
I purchased this Invicta watch for my brother as a gift. After he received the watch, he emailed me to say that he was 'Blown Away', and that it was an 'Over The Top' gift. He also said he hoped I did not spend too much money on this watch. "Heh Heh". I own a few Invicta watches, and I always seem to get compliments on them. They keep great time, feel great on the wrist, and look great. The only reason I did not give Five Stars, is due to the HUGE watch bands that come with these watches. Each time I purchase an Invicta watch, I know I will have to have the watch band shortened, or tell the person the watch will be given to that they will have to do this. It's a double-edged sword, being that there must be men with HUGE wrists that the watches fit right out of the box. So for them, it's great. For the rest of us guys that are not lumberjacks or WWE wrestlers, we will just have to have the band shortened. BTW, I have fairly large wrists, so when I say HUGE watch bands, I do mean HUGE watch bands. I'll bet an Invicta watch would have fit Andre The Giant right out of the box. Bottom line; Invicta makes Good Looking Quality Watches at very affordable prices. "Thanks Invicta."
on December 8, 2011
I bought this watch as a gift for a friend. I love that it came so quickly, and that the case and watch itself are so handsome. Some have said that this is a larger watch, heavier, etc. I'm used to purchasing large watches for my husband, and this watch is for a friend who is a bigger guy, so I have no doubts that while this watch size may not be for everyone, it is adequate for the person I intend to gift this to.

In comparison, I purchased a Seiko watch for my FIL, and it is an average sized watch. I heard reviews of that watch being large, but this Invicta definitely had a bigger face and band.

Still, it's a very solid watch, and I have no issues with the size.
on December 25, 2009
I bought this watch for my husband for Christmas and he loves it. It does have a rather large dial and numbers but this is great for him as he is farsighted. There is even an embedded magnifying dome in the crystal over the date which enables you to really see the date. He likes this feature very much.
on May 10, 2015
I purchased this watch 8/31/2013 for work. I am an RN and need to time pulses and other assessments items as I make my rounds. The large face and numbers makes it easy to read even in low light. I didn't have the battery issue that others write about, but as of today (nearly two years of use) I am here since I finally have to replace that battery and after reading some of the reviews I thought I would give my experience.

The one thing I was worried about was the large face and my tendency to bump it into everything. So far it is still in one piece (knock on wood...LOL).

Oh, my battery is a (SEIZAIKEN SR626SW) otherwise known as a 377.
on June 3, 2012
This is a nicely built watch, solid, heavy and classic design. The only downside thus far is the sizing of the band. It is too large to fit right out of the box and VERY difficult to remove the pins to adjust the band without a link removal tool... so I ended up purchasing one of those as well for about $7. Other than that the watch is a good buy for the cost and the quality.
on January 27, 2015
Watch is very nicely made and certainly was great quality for the price. The only complaint I have is that the second hand does not stop directly across from the 60 minute marks. Links can be removed with a little effort to adjust the band size for various wrist sizes. I went online to see a You Tube video that showed the procedure for removing or adding links. I would recommend this watch as it is a very nice watch for a reasonable price.