Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 28, 2015
Invictas are really beautiful watches. However, keep in mind the old saying: "you get what you pay for". Basically, Invictas are low-rent Rolexes.

In my watch, the little marker for the "9" came loose. Now I have to figure out how to take the crystal off and glue it back into place.

If this was a Rolex, I would give it 1 star. However, since it's an Invicta which costs about 3% of what a Rolex costs, I am a little more forgiving.
on April 14, 2008
The Abyss is a great looking watch. I wish they had a model just like this without the gold accent. I worry that the gold might wear with time. All of my Invicta watch metal bands seem to scratch easy. I really like the face and date feature on the Abyss. I also own the Pro Diver 8926 & 4508 and the little magnifier on those models are not easy to view. I probably won't buy another Invicta though because I have tried to contact them several times by email for advice and for sales and they never respond.
on July 12, 2009
It's a good watch, but if you're going to buy an automatic watch, don't forget the winder.
on July 5, 2009
Having recently purchased this watch for an every day wear, I am impressed with its appearance. I get at least one positive comment daily on this watch.
on July 7, 2008
The Invicta 2687 is my back-up watch for my daily wear Invicta 8928. Recently the band broke on my 8928, so I broke this watch out. I had forgotten how nice this watch is! Considering that I paid $110.50 for it, I really think it was a steal. Remember a stainless Rolex will run around $6000 and an Omega $3000. I have read a several negative comments about Invicta and their customer service. I realize that when I buy a watch through a discount source very often the watch is not covered by warranty since you are not dealing with an authorized dealer or reseller. This is true even of Omega which I consider to be on par the grand status symbol of watches - Rolex. Anyway needing a new band for my 3 yr old 8928 I called Invicta. After a short lifetime on hold I finally reached a voicemail. I hung up and called again, determined to speak with a live person. Second call was a charm. I ordered 2 watch bands (one for my 8928 and a back-up for my 2687. The total with shipping was $80 and a possible 6-8 week wait. For some people this might seem unacceptable, but since I know that a band for my Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm costs $575 without the clasp, this didn't seem out of line. REMEMBER WIND YOUR AUTOMATIC WATCHES EVERY 2 WEEKS EVEN IF YOU WEAR IT EVERYDAY. Another complaint is that the auto watches stop running etc.. Automatic does not mean NEVER WIND!
on August 25, 2007
I was looking to replace my Wenger Batalion Diver (model 72188) Wenger Men's Battalion II Diver Watch #72328 (This is not the watch I have but its similar. It's no longer made) That watch held up to a lot of abuse. I took it deep sea fishing, snowboarding, wakeboarding, swimming, yard work, working on my car or motorcycle, camping, practically everywhere. I always wore it.

I was looking for a watch with the same functions and features. First it HAD to be a divers watch. In my opinon they are just a bit more robust and can handle day to day abuse. So the watch I was in search of had to have the day and date, unidirectional bezel, water resistant to at least 200 meters, screw down crown and have an automatic movement with a sweeping second hand.

That is why I chose this particular Invicta. I didn't realize how nice this watch was till I opened the box. For the most part this watch is just too nice to be used as a beater. It came shipped in this bright yellow flip top box which is very nice itself. The watch has a definite weight to it. It's a bit heavier compared to the Wenger. I was very impressed with the way it looks in person. The pictures on the web just don't do it any justice. It had all the features I was looking for. The Mother of Pear face is another elegant touch that makes the watch just that much nicer.

The scalloped bezel makes turning it easier. I counted twice, and the unidirectional bezel had 130 clicks to make one revolution. The Wenger only had 60. The gold accents on the bracelet and bezel are a nice touch that make it look even more expensive. However the bracelet seems looser between the links than I had expected. Also it didn't come with and additional wet suit clasp. It's not a big deal but one of those features I enjoyed with the Wenger. The day and date adjustment is a bit tricky. The days are in two languages, english and italian (i think). Initially I thought I was shipped an international version. But I soon found out that if I turned the crown one more time the english date showed up. It's pretty slick.
The case is thick and has the Invicta name inscribed on the left side. The screw down crown must have an o-ring or something cause I had a heck of a time tightening it down the first time. But I eventually got the hang of it.

The automatic movement can be seen through the case back. My kids get a kick out of seeing the weight move back and forth. The luminescence on the hands and face last long enough for me.

Finally the sizing of the band was simple with the purchase of the pin removal tool that I bought from amzon as well.

I am confident that this watch will serve its purpose as my only everyday watch. I hope to pass it down to my son when he gets old enough.
Invicta Abyss Men's Watch 2687
on January 3, 2008
I have owned this watch now for 2 months and it keeps good time along with being well constructed...YAY!!! Now for the non practical aspects; this watch is stunning in person, the band alone not only looks and feels as much as the watch costs but the black mother of pearl in good lighting has a myriad of sheens to it. OMG when I put this watch on my wrist I know I have transitioned into watch heaven...lol...OK well maybe not that totally how ever I will type one last thing. INVICTA TWO TONE BLACK MOTHER OF PEARL DIAL WATCHES RULE...SO THERE!!!...LOL
on March 21, 2010
As others have noted, the pictures don't do this watch justice. I brought it to the jeweler to have a few links removed, and when he caught the subtle iridescence of the black mother of pearl face, he exclaimed, "Wow, this is a nice watch! How much did you pay for it?" This from a man wearing an $8,000 Omega dive watch.

From a design standpoint, Invicta pro diver series are as close to being knock-offs of the Rolex submariner series as they can be without inviting a lawsuit for trademark infringement. This one looks pretty similar to some stainless/gold Rolex designs, but with rectangular hour markers instead of dots. I don't care for flashy watches, I prefer the utilitarian stainless with black and white dial look, but I was looking for a watch with day and date and an automatic movement. Because I wanted to wear it every day, it had to be cheap enough that I wouldn't mind it getting beat up. This watch fits the bill, but is actually a bit nicer than I wanted. I'm going to be sad when it's all beat up, but hey, I only paid a hundred bucks for it, and nobody in his right mind is going to examine this thing through a jeweler's loupe when it's sitting on my wrist.

From a performance standpoint, I really have only one complaint, which is that the second hand does not stop when you pull out the crown. That means any talk about the watch being accurate to seconds per month is silly, since you can't really synchronize the watch that precisely. Users of cheap quartz watches will be surprised by this, but apparently lack of this "hacking" feature is fairly common in mechanical watches.

Somebody complained this watch only has four hours of reserve power; I can only guess he did not follow the manual's advice and wind it up every several weeks. After winding it up it for the first time it has not run out of power, even when I've left it on my bureau overnight and into the afternoon. Others have complained the face was too small. It's a normal sized watch, and I can't see any functional reason for it to be any bigger. I guess it's a matter of the fashion message you want to send. This watch doesn't have tons of dials and crowns and complications, it's about utility with understated elegance.

One pleasant surprise is the luminescent markings. At first I set it next to a cheap quartz analog and was distressed when it was not nearly as bright. But very quickly cheap quartz watch dimmed, and this one kept going. The luminescent hands on this watch remains readable all night provided your eyes are fully dark adapted. Unfortunately it's not nearly bright enough to read while you are driving at night, which would be nice, but I'm not sure whether even most tritium watch faces would be readable under those conditions. On this watch you can easily see the hour and minute hands after hours in darkness. The hour markings and second hand aren't quite as bright but after a few seconds you can make them out too. The trickiest thing to see is the zero marker on the bezel. If you really need that, you can put the watch under a light for a minute or so and you should be able to discern that too all night.

It appears that Invicta has discontinued this watch, although the all gold tone version is still available. That's a shame because it's a nice looking, utilitarian watch that's not so expensive you have to fret over it. If you are looking for an affordable automatic watch with a day/date calendar, this is it.
on July 6, 2008
My first INVICTA was 8 years ago. Since there, I become a INVICTA`s collector. I have now about 24 watches of all kinds and I love them all. I wish I could visit the INVICTA plant in Florida to know how they do it!!!!!
From the ABYSS COLLECTION I have 6, all with MOP.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.