Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 9, 2016
I spend a fair amount of time at depth between 10 and 110 feet of water. I don't usually use a computer because I never use Nitrox and plan my dives very well. All I really need is a reliable watch for time. I prefer a bezel over buttons so this watch was a perfect choice. After a second dive (yeah only two dives) just under 40 feet this watch began to show moisture. I immediately removed it hoping to keep it as a day to day watch. A few days later it was rusted and the lens popped off. Never seen that happen before. This watch was rated to 200 meters (660 feet deep) so I was surprised this happened. I'm giving it two stars because you could use it as...just a watch and it would be nice. But only two stars because its strange Invicta is calling it a Pro Diver rated for 200 meters. My other watches are rated for 100 meters and do just fine at 110 feet deep. Anyway, I read many reviews about this watch before purchasing but none from someone who actually took the watch to depth. I hope this review helps. It is a nice watch...just don't get it wet under any pressure. I took a photo to show the damage. I'm also willing to accept that this might be a one time case because I have never had a watch do this before. Still, there should be some quality control or honesty about what the watch is really capable of.
review image
22 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 18, 2016
So far it has exceeded all expectations. Solid. Keeps good time. I wore it in Geneva Switzerland last week and the lady at the Rolex shop thought i was wearing something comparable.
review imagereview image
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 16, 2012
Update 1/3/2013 I gave this as a gift and I saw my nephew at Christmas and asked him how this watch was working. He said it was working great with no problems. He's tall and skinny, so I think this watch looks better on him than the larger, heavier Invicta automatic.

I'd read some reviews saying this watch would not keep time well. Not this one. It kept time perfectly (I checked it repeatedly with my cell phone). I wore this watch out last weekend and it looked amazing. Durability? Hmmm ...not sure yet. I'm not ready to dunk it in water. I really just enjoy wearing it dry, while it's still shiny and it works. The crown does not screw down on this Quartz model, so I am not sure if rough treatment (diving off boats, or wiping out while water skiing) in would be a good idea. In a few months after the newness has worn off, I'll go ahead and risk swimming or showering with it. If I'm wrong, It'll cost me less money than dinner and few beers with the boys.

...so the "real watch" purchase will continue to wait... but really, I can wear this $54 beauty, glance down at my wrist, and almost "be there". Awesome!
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2015
I wore it swimming, I did not wear it in the shower (I've heard hot water is bad for the seals) and I love it for about 4 months until for no apparent reason water droplets appeared on the inside of the crystal. The watch is "rated" for water resistance to 660 feet! Even after a week of leaving it on my dresser, the water is still present. The watch still runs, but the look is ruined. And the warranty? Sure, send it to them, but you have to send a check for $25 for "shipping and handling." I'm not paying that for a watch that I paid $53 for (now up over $60). If you buy this watch, consider treating it as not even water resistant. A shame, because it's a handsome watch that keeps accurate time. But I will not buy Invicta again (although I suspect lots of different "brands" of inexpensive watches come from the same Chinese factories).

UPDATE: on the advice of my smart 14 year old son, I removed the back (I have a tool for that), took out the battery, and put the watch in the toaster oven with the heat set at 150 degrees F. I left it in for five minutes. When I removed it, all the water vapor was gone. I reassembled and the watch is functioning fine. So if you run into this problem, that's an option for you. Be sure to remove the battery or it may explode. Since I fixed the watch I added a star. Still disappointed about the failure of this "diver's" watch to stay dry inside.
on April 9, 2016
(EDITED REVIEW)

I am old school. I like watches. I feel naked without a wristwatch. For $60 I have a watch that is both refined and unpretentious, but masculine and weighty. It is not a Rolex or a Tag Heuer, the style is subdued, but classic, and the price tag is affordable.

I read many reviews of Invicta watches, and bought this watch after some research. Invicta has a strong support group, people that love the watches and collect them. I am afraid that I will hesitate on my next purchase. I gave this watch five stars after owning it a few months without any issues. It kept perfect time. I was expecting that a watch labeled as a diving watch did not have a screw down crown, but I was not expecting to go diving. I just wanted a replacement for a Citizen watch I had for many years, that kept accurate time and was water resistant to 30 meters.

Invicta advertizes this watch to be water resistant to 200 meters. My experience indicates that the watch is not even water resistant at two meters. I went swimming on Memorial Day weekend - by swimming I mean hanging out at the side of the poos drinking gin and tonics. I might have dived into the pool two times, and did a couple laps.

I was dismayed when the next morning I noticed condensation under the crystal. Using my tool to remove the screw on back, I noticed the O-ring was mis-aligned, so I wrote the condensation to a Friday afternoon assembly. I placed the watch in a bag of rice to remove all moisture.

After re-assembly, the watch began losing time. The warranty process is expensive - why would I pay $28 for return shipping - how are they shipping this, by personal courier? That is more than 1/3 of the price of the watch! Their warranty is also illegally voided if you have the watch serviced by any other than an authorized Invicta dealer.

Anyway - the watch eventually began functioning properly, keeping fairly accurate time. I had to adjust the time periodically, as it lost about a minute a month. Then, against my better judgment, I wore the watch while tubing on the Salt River. Again the condensation, and after de-moisturizing the watch in a bag of rice, it just stopped working off and on. So now it is a $70 piece of trash. It stops working intermittently on a daily basis.

There are many people that are pleased with their Invicta watches - I cannot count my self among them. If a watch cannot survive a dip in a swimming pool, it has no right calling itself a diving watch, let alone a "professional" diving watch. When I save up enough money, I will likely buy another Citizen watch. Sure it costs 3 ro 4 times as much as an Invicta, but my Citizen performed flawlessly for well over a decade of use and abuse.

If you want to take your chances with an Invicta, just make sure you don't get it wet and it should perform just fine. It is a good looking watch. It kept perfect time until that first time I got it wet.
on August 25, 2017
I ordered this watch in May along with a similar Armitron model. I have several different watches, and this one I didn't wear that much. Perhaps six or seven times since purchased. I like the appearance of the watch, but the quality is less than desirable. It has already become unwearable. As you can see in the photos below it has lost a link in the bracelet. no damage, no decay, just poorly manufactured.
review imagereview image
on December 5, 2016
While I really like that way the Invicta Men's 8932 Pro Diver watch looks, from the day I received my new watch the "crown" (the knob on the side of the watch which you pull out to adjust the displayed time & date) keeps popping out which stops the watch. It is especially annoying to casually look down (on repeated occasions) at my Invicta watch only to see my watch has stopped after the crown inadvertently popped out again and again and again. If you want a really good looking watch (i.e. jewelry) that simply doesn't work, this may be the watch for you. PS: This was my 2nd purchase of an Invicta Men's 8932 Pro Diver watch, except the crown only started popping out after about a year and so I thought maybe I received an isolated bad watch (so I bought a 2nd one). Now it seems that the crown easily popping problem on this 2nd Invicta watch (making the watch inoperable) appears systematic associated with poor design and/or construction.
on October 6, 2017
It's a smaller (medium really, not small like a ladies watch) face, but that's what I wanted. It looks really great. I've gotten a few comments from other guys (still waiting on the ladies to notice : ) ) about it looking like a Rolex. The materials are a little rough, but only when you very closely examine it and feel it in your hands next to an expensive 'time piece'. It's a good looking watch that wears well and the price is amazing.
on April 24, 2018
Overall, I like it. First, it's not a serious diver's watch. It's just called that as a model style. It's looks similar to a well known luxury watch brand and that was the reason I bought it. It's for casual or dress wear but I wouldn't expect it to stand up to hard everyday use like my Timex. It looks good, the watch hands are easy to read even without glasses(for me anyway - although the date is a little hard to see). There are glow in the dark markers for the hands and the hour markers and the top of the rotating bezel which does work if you want to use it. The band locks down and has enough adjustment at the latch for bigger wrists. The only negative part is I thought the watch face would be bigger.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 31, 2016
its really nice and people think its a much better watch than it actually is...it works great and i wear it for going out and dressin up and stuff....its too nice to wear at work...the face is smaller than most people like but i don't like those big watches....i think the style is going back to a more normal size face like this one has....iv'e had it on in swimming pools and its fine...
review image