Invoxia Smart Portable Speaker with Amazon Alexa, Grey
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Triby features voice control with Amazon Alexa and is a smart portable speaker, Internet radio, hands-free speakerphone, and connected message board all rolled into one!
- Use the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, get the news, set alarms,control smart home devices, and more using just your voice. Just say the wake word "Alexa" and Triby responds instantly.
- Preset Internet radio stations and Spotify playlists for one-button access
- Make calls over VoIP or with a paired smartphone from 15 feet away
- Draw and share doodles and texts from your smartphone to Triby's alway-on display
- Stick Triby to the fridge with its magnetized back
- Enjoy up to 2 days of battery life. Charge with micro USB.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Black Friday Everyday!||Omaker Official||IBD Electronics||PRO DEALS||Flipped Fashion|
|Connectivity Technology||micro usb, usb||Wireless; Powerline;||—||—||bluetooth, usb, aux|
|Item Dimensions||1.18 x 6 x 6 in||4.09 x 7.08 x 4.09 in||3 x 3 x 3 in||5 x 2 x 2 in||1.86 x 8.27 x 5.04 in|
|Item Weight||1.32 lbs||2.65 lbs||0.61 lb||5.29 ounces||1.6 lbs|
Triby is the first Alexa-enabled speaker that is fully portable yet can hear you from across the room. Its design is as adorable as it is practical with buttons for shortcuts to your favorite music and an always-on screen to display memos, information about what you are listening to, and much more.
Triby features a superior Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speaker that provides awesome sound quality for listening to music from personal devices, streaming services and Internet radio stations. The sophisticated microphones work with the speaker to turn Triby into a hands-free speakerphone for VoIP and paired smartphone calls, while its E-Ink screen shows messages, and doodles that family members send via the Triby app.
From the Manufacturer
Just Ask Alexa to hear the news, listen to music, set a timer, get the weather, control your smart home, and more. New skills are continually added - such as ordering a pizza from Domino’s, asking HuffPost for headlines, or requesting a ride from Uber.
Enjoy thousand of skills from third party developers.
The Alexa Voice Service is built in the cloud, so it is always getting smarter. And because Triby is always connected, updates are delivered automatically.
Triby is more than just another Alexa-enabled speaker.
It's a truly portable device that can hear your from across the room.
You can activate Alexa remotely with your voice, or locally by pressing the tap-to-tap button.
With its embedded battery, take it from the living room, to the kid's room, to the backyard without interruption.
And with its magnetic back, Triby can live on your fridge door.
Ask Triby to play music from Prime Music, iHeartRadio, or TuneIn. Triby can pair with any smartphone with its Bluetooth connection, or play music from online radio stations and through Spotify Connect when connected to WiFi. You can pre-set your favorite playlists and stations, and access them at the push of a button – even when Alexa is disabled.
With Triby, you'll never miss a beat. From time and temperature (even humidity) information to voice-activated timers and alarms, there's a spot for Triby in every aspect of our everyday lives.
Triby transforms the fridge memo into a fun digital experience. Send messages, emoji and freestyle drawn doodles to Triby ’s E-Ink display via its dedicated app. Its fun mailbox flag is raised to alert you to incoming messages, making family communications child’s play.
Triby is ready to go in minutes. Using its dedicated app (iOS 8 or above or Android) you can program and control every aspect of the Triby experience. Setup Alexa and manage personal contacts, Spotify playlists, your favorite Internet radio stations and you are ready to go.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Sound, Speak, Scribble
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
We realized there was a need for a shared device in the kitchen that the whole family could use to communicate and enjoy music, the way we used to do with kitchen phones and radios. Since the kitchen is a place where you often hang out with your hands full, we designed a device that is voice controlled, has big rugged buttons and is easy to clean. With Triby, you can stay connected while cooking without having to touch a screen!
What makes your product special?
Triby is one of the first Alexa-enabled third party devices. In addition to giving you access to a world of possibilities with the Alexa Voice Service:
• Triby is an excellent speaker with profound bass and clear treble.
• Triby can hear you from across the room, even when it’s operating on battery.
• Triby can stream your favorite radio stations and Spotify playlists at the touch of a button.
• Triby’s E-ink screen is always on and displays information about the station, playlist or track you are listening to. It can also display messages sent through the app.
• Triby is a social hub made for the social hub of the home: the kitchen. It enables the whole family to make calls and stay connected.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
As a company with a specialty in creating speakers and telecoms devices, we are excited by the world of possibilities consumer products like Triby offer families to improve their lives. Our expertise in far field voice capture and connected devices helped us integrate the Alexa Voice Service quickly and now the already multi-functional Triby becomes even more versatile and intelligent, giving families access to continually evolving cloud-based content and services.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me list out pros and cons for this device. I was looking for a portable and small device through which I would be able to play my news briefing each morning and check my calendar using Alexa service. My choice was between Triby and Amazon Dot. I went with Triby, although in hindsight I should have ordered Amazon Dot despite the long wait to get one. I read the reviews before ordering and realized number of them were Vine program or prior to Alexa integration, so thought sharing first hand experience may be useful.
1. Triby besides having Alexa service, also has internet radio functionality (although limited stations. With Amazon Dot, I would have only Alexa functionality only.
2. Triby was available immediately, compared to waiting period for Amazon Dot.
3. Using the Triby, I noticed the speaker can get quite loud, so can hear over water running in a kitchen.
4. Magnetic back is quite strong. It attaches firmly, although pressing the volume control buttons sometimes moves the device a little.
5. Ability to play internet radio.
6. Built in battery with ability to keep Alexa always on, so truly portable device.
7. Ability to call from app to Triby , so acts like an intercom and also send message from app to Triby screen.
Triby is great concept, poorly executed. The Android keeps crashing. Alexa on Triby is voice activated, but 6 out of 10 times it does not recognize it. Out of sheer frustration, finally you are forced, to manually click the right side button for Alexa to hear you. This does not happen with Amazon Echo that I have, which 9.5 out of 10 times immediately recognizes my wake works. This on same wifi, so it is not a internet issue. I have corresponded with company and they mentioned they are aware of Triby's Alexa integration issue and working on a software update. Till then use of Amazon alexa service (which is the main attraction of this device), is iffy. Other issue I noticed, is when I play my news briefing, it would play the NPR news source and then randomly stop without playing rest of the news sources. [ Company fixed this issue with software update on May 24, 2016. Happy that the company is listening].
Alexa service on third party devices like Triby, lack ability to play Pandora or Amazon Prime music, compared to Amazon Echo.
The main issue is poor Alexa integration by Triby. I tested the other third party Alexa service which is available - which is Roger Android and IOS app. It works way better, although does not have always listening ability. I understand there are number of other device manufacturers which are planning to bring Alexa service in their devices - garage door openers, hi-end speakers, kids toys etc (Orange Chef, Garageio, TrackR, Mojio, Dragon Innovation, Rachio, Petnet, Musaic). Once other like Musaic come out with their Alexa enable internet radio / speaker, Triby may have stiff competition, unless they improve their integration of the Alexa service.
The Triby app keeps crashing, one cannot delete internet radio stations added, or intercom phone number added. There is no way to change temperature displayed on screen from F to C (it displays indoor temperature and humidity). Also, there is no way to delete message received on the Triby screen. On Android app, their is no notification that goes back to message sender, once you have read the message (IOS apps apparently supports it).
I test the voice on Triby and compared it to Amazon Echo. Triby speaker do get very loud, but voice quality is not good. It sounds slightly muffled. Amazon Echo sounds much better compared to Triby.
Lasts one day with Alexa service on.
Triby holds lot of promise as a portable device with always on Alexa service, but there are lot of bugs which company needs to fix, before it become a useful device.
Update May 23, 2016:
TI am still waiting for a software update to fix Alexa service on Triby. The voice recognition is still very poor and still unable to play news briefing on Triby. At this stage difficult for me to recommend this device to anyone. I have changed rating from three to two stars.
Update May 24, 2016:
New software was sent, which has fixed the Alexa news briefing issue. I am happy company listed to the issues and is trying to respond. I upgraded the rating from 2 to 3. I am hoping with next software update, they can fix the Alexa voice recognition, so I could upgrade it to 4 stars. This device has potential, it is upto Triby manufacturer (Invoxia) to fix the software issues.
Update Jun 12, 2016:
Since the last update on May 24 to fix the news briefing issue, no further update has been sent out by the company (Invoxia). Invoxia should learn from Amazon the importance of periodic updates to make a product a success (Echo example I am referring to).
To recap, following issues still remain -
1. Alexa voice recognizance is iffy.
2. Android app still in beta stage. Cannot delete a radio station from the list of selected stations which are assigned to the quick access button.
3. Voice command are only for Alexa functionality , other Triby functionality (such as accepting phone calls, playing a radio station) is still manual process. It is like Triby has dual personality.
- magnetic back, so it happily sits on my fridge and is not another gadget taking space in my kitchen.
- phone buttons. I don't have a landline anymore, so this is a great backup if my kids want to call me.
- radio buttons. I love listening to a certain web radio station and its so great that now I just have to push a single button. No more finding my phone, unlocking it, scrolling to find the web radio app, yadayadayada
- note screen. My kids and I had a blast sending us little notes back and forth! And the little flag coming out when there is a new note is so cool! Very retro ;-)
- Alexa integration. 'nuff said.
- Sound is totally adequate for a kitchen. And much better than my phone speaker.
- Triby doesn't seem to be as sensitive to the 'Alexa' wake word as the Dot or the Echo. I have to stand quite close for it to pick it up consistently.
Update: The Triby that I received had the current software version. It still would not pair with my Galaxy Note 4 for activation. I had to borrow someone' iPhone to do it. Once the Triby was activated, I actually like the device. The Alexa voice recognition works pretty well as long as you are in front of the device.
Most recent customer reviews
- good sounding loud speakers with a fair amount of low end
- magnet is nice and...Read more