Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Iomega 1 TB Home Media Network Hard Drive Cloud Ed..." and save 22% off the $169.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Iomega 1 TB Home Media Network Hard Drive Cloud Edition 34763 (Gray)
- Simple three step setup – Simply plug into your router, power on, and install the software CD
- Simple content sharing - Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing
- Personal Cloud - Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive Iomega Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive.
- Powerful backup - Backup all the computers on your network simply by downloading and installing the available client backup software. Also compatible with today's most common backup software applications.
- Copy jobs - One-touch copying via the QuikTransfer button. Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share – including Iomega Personal Cloud locations – using the rsync or CIFS protocol.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Get high-capacity, reliable home network storage with the Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive, Cloud Edition. Easily share and access files, photos, videos, and music between computers and with friends and family. It's powerful and fast, plus the three-step set-up is very simple, even if you're never used a network drive before. This feature-rich drive has a built-in UPnP AV Media Server (DLNA certified) and iTunes Server so content can easily be shared between computers and any other digital media adapters such as game consoles, digital picture frames, or networked TVs. Plus, automatically post files to your Facebook, YouTube, and Flickr accounts. Availalbe in 1TB, 2TB, and 3TB capacities.
From the Manufacturer
Your Cloud or Mine?
Iomega® Personal Cloud for the Consumer
Iomega's Personal Cloud is your own network, connecting your own PC or Mac to your own Iomega Home Media, StorCenter™ or Iomega TV devices and allowing the friends and family that you choose to easily and securely view, edit, and share files. Perfect for photo and video sharing!
It is also the ultimate solution for protecting your data and having access to it from anywhere in the world, as it simply connects the entire contents of your home network over the Internet as if you were sitting at home.
- Safe - completely self-owned and managed
- Secure - content and access to it is always under your control
- Economical - never any usage fees or subscription charges
- Convenient - access anywhere in the world remotely over the internet
- Easy to use - connects the entire contents of your home network over the computer as if you were sitting at home
- Flexible - useful for work and leisure
This is the Cloud of Your Dreams!
- Up to 12 devices connected simultaneously (internet connection speed dependent)
- Invite up to 250 members
- Sync files directly between computers as though they were on a local network
- Use with almost any desktop, laptop, media storage, or smart mobile device
- Drag-&-Drop functionality for easy file transfer
- Once set up, near zero maintenance
- Encryption and password protected
- Upload and share files while traveling
- Automatic 1-step sharing with Active Folders
- Remote Access via Iomega Personal Cloud
- iTunes® Server
- UPnP™ and DLNA® Certified AV Media Server
- Print Server (up to 2 USB printers)
- Expandable with external USB hard drives
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Compatible with most current backup software, browsers, media devices, and more
- Torrent compatible
- Time Machine® support
- EMC Lifeline™ Home Software
- Iomega Protection Suite software
- 3-year limited warranty with registration
SECURE and COST-EFFECTIVE
Iomega ships more than just a drive. Premium technology without a premium price. Triple-secure your data with a great suite of software to enhance and protect your data. Iomega® Protection Suite includes:
- Trend Micro™ Internet Security (free 1 year subscription)
- Iomega® QuikProtect file-level backup software
Trend Micro™ Internet Security software guards your PC from the latest threats while giving you the freedom to browse and shop online. It provides your PC with anti-virus, anti-spyware, 2-way firewall, and web security protection. Iomega® QuikProtect provides simple file-level protection and automated drag-and-drop backup options.
- Available 10/100/1000 Mbps network Ethernet port (required)
- Internet connection for remote access or cloud feature
- Internet Explorer 7, Firefox® 3.x, Safari 3 or later browser
- CD or DVD drive to install software
- PC Users: Microsoft® Windows® XP or newer
- Mac® Users: Mac OS 10.6 or newer to administer, 10.4 or new to connect
- Linux® Users: Redhat 9, Enterprise 4/5, Gentoo, Mandrake 10, Devian 4, FedoraCore 6/5, OpenSUSE 10.3
- Iomega® Home Media Drive – Cloud Edition
- Stand to help save desktop space
- Ethernet cable
- Power supply
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- Solutions CD with:
- StorCenter Manager software
- User Help Documentation
- 3-year limited warranty (with registration)
* Contents refers to number of songs, photos, or hours of video saved on a hard drive. Contents are calculated as follows—Songs (MP3): 128 kbps bit rate using 11:1 compression ratio, 4 min/song; Digital Photos: 2.5MB per JPG photo using a 6 mega pixel camera; DVD Video: 5.5 Mb/s (2.597 GB/hr) data rate. These examples are for illustrative purposes only.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
He set up a static IP for it so I could access it without problems and I've been able to do that all this time, for four years.
We broke up in 2014; I moved and took this with me, since it had all my stuff on it, and I was able to set it up with a new router without any problems. For someone with limited IT experience, I was grateful I had an easy time. I don't know if it's because my ex set it up and all I did was transfer it from place A to place B, but I did have to do something so my router would recognize it or something. It's been a couple years since I did it so I don't really remember, but I know it wasn't difficult. I've been able to access it, transfer files to it, and have not had one problem with it.
I'm really not understanding all the negative reviews, but maybe that's because I have so little knowledge when it comes to IT stuff. I bought it because I wanted something where I could store all my files, music, etc. and access from my laptop, Surface and phone anywhere in the house. My ex said this would be sufficient for me and it's been just fine. To be perfectly honest, I imagine it has much more capability than fits my needs and maybe that's where it fails. Unfortunately, all I can do is submit a review based on how this suits my needs and how well it works doing so.
I just purchased a new router a few days ago since my old one was giving me problems and now I can't seem to connect to it, but the problem lies with having gotten the new router. I will have to Google some things to get it to work, but I know it isn't a problem with the device itself.
That is what is happening!
this is the worst device I've purchased, and right after the warranty period for replacement grants amazon. The only thing I have to do is deal with Iomega and their lies.
KEEP AWAY FROM PRODUCTS IOMEGA.
yo compre este producto y desde el primer dia no funciono, el fabricante (IOMEGA) envio un remplazo por uno nuevo como garantia pero yo tuve que pagar por dos envios extras. El segundo dispositivo no funciona tampoco en mi computadora (not compatible with windows running 64 bits), necesito usar otra de mi oficina, al traspasar documentos al disco duro esto genera un error de almacenamiento que dice que tengo que borrar todos los 200 gb que ya habia transferido y comenzar de nuevo. Esto error que IOMEGA ya conoce y no puede hacer nada al respecto.
Que es lo que esta sucediendo!
este es el peor dispositivo que yo he comprado, y justo despues de el periodo de garantia de amazon otorga para remplazo. Lo unico que tengo por hacer es lidiar a IOMEGA y sus mentiras.
KEEP AWAY FROM IOMEGA PRODUCTS.
Most recent customer reviews
* The drive runs hot
* The drive runs loud
* Connectivity is mostly miss rather than hit...Read more