Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ion IT27 Vertical Vinyl Wall-Mounted Turntable
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on December 8, 2011
I bought this as a gift for my brother and sister-in-law. They have a small apartment and too limited a space for a big, turntable unit. They are also into unique/novelty items so I thought this fit the bill.

After looking at the other reviews I had some doubts but after receiving my purchase here's what I found...

The device is very light (for mounting purposes I'm sure) It seems to be made well and of good quality parts (mostly plastic but not flimsy). It comes with hardware for mounting BUT NOTE! It comes with 4 AA batteries but it DOES NOT come with an ADAPTER. If you don't want to feed it batteries you will have to purchase a 6Volt DC adapter separately.

I was surprised at the volume level. It didn't seem to be very loud even when turned to max. (when it says built in speakers it should really say speaker, as there is only one) Despite the lack of volume, when turned up all the way I could still hear the music from every room of my medium 1 story home. So I figure it will work fine in their small apartment. As the other review said, if you want this for a big area or for movie theater sound quality, keep shopping.

It seemed simple to operate. (there's not much to the machine to figure out) The on/spin and volume control are the same and only knob on the machine. It can be played from a tabletop position or mounted on the wall. I put on a vinyl to test the playback and it did well. While the record was playing I picked up the device to hold it vertical. I did not have the problem (as mention in the other review) with the needle skipping even though it was playing the first track of the record. (I even shook it slightly just to test and the needle held it's ground without jumping around)

I did find that with the slightest movement the sound from the player was distorted. As anyone will know who has touched a record while it's playing the slightest touch will cause the sound to waiver. I don't think this would be a problem once the device it mounted though I would suggest mounting it on a wall that is sturdy and won't receive a lot of vibration (like from a door or staircase). Also it should be mounted in an area that has low traffic so you don't bump it while it's playing and scratch your record or break the arm of the player.

It is very novel to see a record playing from this angle and I think they will be pleased with the uniqueness of the thing. It is eye catching and though there's not a lot to the machine in looks, I think that lends to it not detracting from the record itself spinning vertically.

I did not see what the device does when it reaches the end of the record. I doubt that the arm returns to the rest position or that the record stops spinning at the end of playback since the only way I saw to stop the spinning is the on/volume knob.

I am very happy with my purchase! I bought it for the novelty and that is what you are paying for but I think in my case it's money well spent. This would make a good addition to an office or any place that has limited space, especially if you are purchasing it for a record lover or a retro nut like my brother.
on November 15, 2011
The ION Vertical Vinyl player is OK for someone who got their first vinyl and wants something to play it on, but it is by no means a HiFi machine. The needle skips when hung, unless the arm is hanging straight down and playing a track in the middle of the vinyl. Darned gravity and the arm not countering the weight. The speakers aren't capable of a whole lot. Overall, it looks cool, and will play some music, but it won't sound great.
on March 28, 2013
The sound quality is worse than expected coming out of the ONE speaker. It barely gets loud enough to to enjoy and it drains batteries like that's its job. The speed slows down if the batteries aren't brand new so you get the Andre the Giant voice coming out of that ONE speaker. It's pretty funny actually. You'll need to purchase an AC adapter to run it properly but it still sucks.
on November 30, 2012
Sound quality was okay when on horizontal surface, but once placed vertically the sound quality greatly diminished. Would add static or totally change the sound of the music. Screw on back of unit for mounting bracket was also loose. Tried replacement unit, but replacement had same poor sound quality vertically. The main reason for getting this product over another record player is that it is supposed to play records vertically, but since it can't do that well, would not recommend this player.
on July 30, 2012
Pros: Great size, wall mountable, self sufficient, no need for dangling power cable.

Cons: Limited sound.

This turntable is great for listening to records in a small quiet room. It does not have an option for connecting to external speakers, however, and so you should not expect to be happy with the sound if you have hearing problems or a noisy room.
on January 27, 2012
We purchased the Wall player from J&R Music. They're the only ones we saw selling it. The first one we got didn't work at all; by that I mean we did everything we could including new batteries etc. It simply didn't work. We returned it, J&R was EXCELLENT with the exchange. The new one we have works really well. It's hanging on my daughter's wall. She's a WWII buff and loves the old music and we all know it sounds the best on vinyl. There are a few drawbacks: 1)it is battery operated only. 2) the volume doesn't crank super high and it can't be hooked up to a speaker as far as I know. Otherwise the quality of sound is fine. It cranks loudly for a bedroom and at high can be heard in the kitchen as long as her door is open (Her door is my volume control).
I'm glad we made the purchase. My daughter's room is filled to capacity so wall hanging was a great option. I admit it looks a little weird but we really do like it.
on June 11, 2014
My wife bought this for my office at work. Such a fun item to use on those long days at the office. I've got a ton of old records that were collecting dust, and this works great. I hooked my speaker system up through the headphone jack, and it sounds great. Nothing like cranking out emails and budgets with a little Pink Floyd vinyl in the background. It was easy to hang, holds the record securely and worked perfectly.
on March 16, 2013
Now this is a very innovative item. Who knew that there would a vertical wall-mounted record player?!? When my fiancee told me about this, I had to look it up to see for myself. And when I saw how inexpensive it was, I bought it right then. I have ton of records and the turntable on my stereo is flaky so something like this was a great solution. I haven't mounted it on the wall yet, but it also works on a table-top which is just fine with me. It's battery-operated so it's a portable light-weight self-contained record player.
on June 18, 2013
This device was for my sister's graduation. She bought quite a few records but didn't have a player so she was always bummed out about it. So when I got her this she was ecstatic. The only real problem with this is that it is not very loud so I wouldn't be throwing a party with this speaker. It is fine for someone in a small to medium sized room to listen to a record by themselves.
on February 27, 2012
NEVER buy from ION Audio. I bought this as a Christmas present. When it arrived, it was broken. I called to see if I could get a refund and they do not refund products. So I sent it back (to Reno, NV- which cost me $20) without a prepaid label. It is now the end of February and I have yet to receive the new record player. I have called several times and have been told several different things. I can't review the actual product because I haven't been able to use it yet.