Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 17, 2014
I'm sure some of you are saying.."5 stars"? I cant make it work on my phone. Well, for the first 8 hours and 2 phone calls to ION support, (they suck by the way). I was saying the same thing. In fact, I was within minutes of boxing it up and sending it back to Amazon for a refund.

But in pure desperation, I went into my phone settings and turned off my mobile data. VOILA! Finally the elusive WIFIPODZ connected instead of giving me some goofy half English error!

Here is how to do it:

1. download the ION app from the Play store and install it
2. Ignore it until after you do ALL of the following.
3. go into your phone settings and turn off mobile data. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and used the drop down curtain and just clicked it off.
4. Go to settings and turn on WIFI.
5. If you have it connecting to a home WIFI or Hotspot, disconnect it so nothing is connected.
6. Now turn on the camera and the WIFIPODZ. it should stay lit for about 20 seconds and then start to blink.
7. now scan Wi-Fi connections and wait for WIFIPODZ to appear.
8. connect to it and put in the password. If you have not changed it from the default it should be 12345678
9. Now and only now, open up the ION app on your phone.
10. if it takes you to a home screen asking you to select a few different WIFI connections, ignore it and select OK.
11. now you should see tabs across the top with words like remote and ION and such.
12. Select Remote and hopefully you should see a closed shutter appear. When you select it, the camera should begin live streaming.

that's it.

Too bad ION couldn't write instructions like this. I'll happily take questions if you run into problems, since I have now become an ION tech support expert!

Take care and enjoy!
22 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 27, 2016
I bought the camera to use it on my bicycle and to be able to connect it with my phone through wifi but the battery dies really fast when using wifi pod, very shortly after the pod itself broke and I was not able to connect. I sent it back to be fixed and shortly after getting it back it broke again and I was not able to connect it to my phone. One of the flaps of the clip also broke off as it was not durable enough. I learned that it's better to buy a product that is quality made like GoPro. I don't recommend this model or product.
on February 3, 2015
There are things about this camera that I like as well as things I don't like. I like the fact that it is water proof and I don't have to have a water proof case like you have to have with the GoPro. However, this camera has some short coming the first of which is the battery life, especially when using the WIFI. The battery life while using the WIFI is less than half the life if you don't use the WIFI when you add in the fact that this camera's battery is not interchangeable. This becomes a big problem if you are on the river all day trying to get whitewater kayaking footage and the battery goes dead. I can't simply change to a full charged battery. Nope I have to stop videoing and charge the camera via a portable charger which depending on the charger can take 2-6 hours or I have to have a second, full charged Ion Pro ready to go. Neither if these options are convenient on a full day shoot and a limited budget!

PROS: Self contained and waterproof without needing a water proof case.
CONS: Short battery life especially when using WIFI. Does not have the ability to switch batteries. you must recharge the integrated battery.
on January 31, 2018
We attached this to my son's hockey helmet. The white balance varies, but overall the video is decent and the camera stands up to some rough treatment. The wifi app was useless and lost connection constantly.
on April 9, 2014
Had a go pro hero but lost it somewhere at the bottom of the ocean in Roatan Island while free-diving so I needed another one to save my adventures in the water and I saw this cam with a nice price so I give it a chance.
Item works great just got my hands on it and had to in the water with it.
Video quality is very good and doesn't need no protective case since the whole cam is water proof up to 10m , it has this nice function to connect wifi with my android and you can watch what you're recording live.
Overall love the cam and gonna keep exploring with it.
on May 28, 2014
We purchased it to take a trip to the Caribbean and do some snorkeling. I read all the instructions, ensured the cover was on tight and locked, and within 5 minutes the camera stopped working. The deepest I got while snorkeling was ~7 feet. I have now read other reviews that seem to have the same issue. The design of the seal doesn't seem to be sufficient for any type of full submersion. I am sure it would be OK to get wet here and there, but if you plan on going underwater, keep looking. On the plus side, the camera mounts were solid and all other design features were nice. The vibe feedback to power on/record worked great.
on May 1, 2014
I had the Polaroid xs100 but returned it. I thought the learning curve wouldn't be as high as the product has a similar style and functionality. Pleasantly surprised it has MORE features like; Wifi capability, firmware update capability (updated the wifi software as well as the camera already, MP4 format as promised!, more goodies in the box like a tripod!, and the microphone is clearly higher quality. Here's the good part: one of the items in the box didn't work so I called Support, talked to Stephanie, and she is mailing me a replacement NO CHARGE! Sweet!! The jury is still out for the Wifi functionality as it dropped the functions several times but I can deal with some of it. The other parts of it will require some consideration as sometimes it is difficult to know if it is really recording or not even though the Wifi led is flashing that it is connected. Its a bit spotty even after the updates applied. But it is really cool to see your low-rez (no high-rez) recordings on your tablet in a blink of eye. Very cool And the 5meg pictures are really okay for what I will be using it for. I will edit this posting when I get to take it on my action toys in the next week or so!
on January 6, 2015
This camera is amazing and its features easy to use.
on January 3, 2015
Grandson loves it
on October 23, 2014
I love this camera it's as clear as can be I can't wait to see the newest one I don't know how it can be any clearer. The only thing that I have negative about this is nothing much it is only I need to update the firmware and I don't have a computer to do it yet so I can't use it with my phone.at least as viewfinder but the other features work on the phone. PS I am very happy with this camera.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.