Top positive review
27 people found this helpful
If you cant set up the WIFI on an Android phone....READ THIS NOW!
on April 17, 2014
I'm sure some of you are saying.."5 stars"? I cant make it work on my phone. Well, for the first 8 hours and 2 phone calls to ION support, (they suck by the way). I was saying the same thing. In fact, I was within minutes of boxing it up and sending it back to Amazon for a refund.
But in pure desperation, I went into my phone settings and turned off my mobile data. VOILA! Finally the elusive WIFIPODZ connected instead of giving me some goofy half English error!
Here is how to do it:
1. download the ION app from the Play store and install it
2. Ignore it until after you do ALL of the following.
3. go into your phone settings and turn off mobile data. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and used the drop down curtain and just clicked it off.
4. Go to settings and turn on WIFI.
5. If you have it connecting to a home WIFI or Hotspot, disconnect it so nothing is connected.
6. Now turn on the camera and the WIFIPODZ. it should stay lit for about 20 seconds and then start to blink.
7. now scan Wi-Fi connections and wait for WIFIPODZ to appear.
8. connect to it and put in the password. If you have not changed it from the default it should be 12345678
9. Now and only now, open up the ION app on your phone.
10. if it takes you to a home screen asking you to select a few different WIFI connections, ignore it and select OK.
11. now you should see tabs across the top with words like remote and ION and such.
12. Select Remote and hopefully you should see a closed shutter appear. When you select it, the camera should begin live streaming.
Too bad ION couldn't write instructions like this. I'll happily take questions if you run into problems, since I have now become an ION tech support expert!
Take care and enjoy!