|Item model number||CDVU-06IP|
|Hardware Platform||pc, ipad, mac|
|Item Weight||2.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.9 x 10.6 x 3.2 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4.9 x 10.6 x 3.2 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Ipevo Ziggi-HD Plus High-Definition USB Document Camera (CDVU-06IP)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 8.0 Megapixel camera; For Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS X 10.9 and above and Chromebook
- Ziggi-HD Plus's high-resolution 8 Megapixel camera can achieve up to 3264 x 2448 pixels when directly connected to PC or Mac. Max shooting area: 13.46” x 10.04” (342 x 255mm)
- Up to 30 fps live video capture (at full HD)
- Multi-jointed stand and swiveling head for effortless, versatile capture
- Full autofocus lens; USB 2.0 Video Class (UVC) interface
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|Output||USB||USB||USB or VGA||USB or WiFi|
|Pixel||2.0 Megapixel||8.0 Megapixel||5.0 Megapixel||5.0 Megapixel|
|Highest Resolution||1600 x 1200||3264 x 2448||VGA Mode: 1920 x 1080, USB Mode: 2592 x 1944||WiFi Mode: 1600 x 1200, USB Mode: 2592 x 1944|
|Max Shooting Area||9.4" x 7.2"||13.46" x 10.04"||13" x 9.6"||12.4"x 9.1"|
|Built-in LED Lights||No||No||Yes||No|
|Macro Focus||Up to 2" (5cm)||Up to 3.94" (10cm)||Up to 2" (5cm)||Up to 2" (5cm)|
|Compatible||Windows, Mac, Chromebook||Windows, Mac, Chromebook||Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Projector||Windows, Mac, Chromebook, iPad, Android Tablet|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||HUE HD||HUE HD||HUE HD||ALL In Learning|
|Item Dimensions||10.6 x 4.9 x 3.2 in||5.67 x 7.87 x 2.17 in||5.91 x 10.04 x 2.17 in||5.67 x 7.87 x 2.17 in||6 x 8 x 2.1 in|
|Item Weight||—||0.79 lb||1.35 lbs||0.78 lb||1.45 lbs|
With its rich range of practical, easy-to-use features, Ziggi-HD Plus from IPEVO is the premier document camera for education and business. Ziggi-HD Plus has the versatility to capture most any material for presentations and teaching sessions. Ziggi-HD Plus is hands-down the most affordable camera with its specifications, costing hundreds less than conventional document cameras. Ziggi-HD Plus's 8.0 Megapixel camera delivers a resolution up to 3264 x 2448 pixels when used with Mac or PC. This remarkable resolution lets you easily capture fine print, delicate artwork details, natural objects, iPad and other devices with screens, and so much more. Ziggi-HD Plus improves on its predecessors with an enhanced Integrated Circuit (IC) chip. You will no longer have to compromise between a high resolution and a high frame rate - Ziggi-HD Plus delivers both. Stream at up to 30fps at full HD without any frustrating choppiness. Even at the highest resolution of 3264 x 2448, Ziggi-HD Plus still streams at up to 15fps. Silky-smooth live streaming with stunning clarity is now a reality.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The direct to LCD projector capability is absolutely necessary! If your computer goes down for the day, no worries--your document camera is not connected through your computer. If you are looking for technology that is "disaster proof" in your lesson planning, this is about as sure of a thing as there is. Again, you'll pay $x more for this than the other ones on the market, but it is completely worth it to have the direct to LCD projector functionality in the classroom.
2) There are several "picture size" settings, one of which is HD. I put documents under the camera that range from 9 point to 36 point font. The HD setting can capture the smallest fonts so that students 20-30 feet away can still reasonably see. Need to zoom in? Just grab the camera and push it towards the paper and press the re-focus button (or keep it in auto-focus all the time). There are other picture sizes that display a longer (vertical) image, so when I need a whole 8.5x11 paper on the screen I can get it.
3) It's so easy to use. Plug it in, turn it on, play with settings for 5 minutes, and you are ready to teach.
4) It's heavier than you think. That's not a negative when you swing your arm and bump it; it stays standing relatively well.
5) It makes for great instruction. Anything can go under--textbooks, novels, 3-D models, artwork. When a student asks a question about solving an equation, just grab their paper and put it under the camera for the whole class to see--everyone can be engaged in the discussion instead of just the two of you. When giving notes and you run out of room...you'll know the kids will too--so you can flip the paper over and cue them to do the same. Teaching students how to measure an angle on a chalkboard with a big clunky protractor: difficult. Grabbing the same paper your students have, and the same protractor your students have, and showing them EXACTLY what to do in real time on the big screen: effective and efficient. Absent student? You have a copy of all your written work from the day before ready for reference. I could go on and on about why this is the greatest teaching tool I have ever had, but you don't need to hear any more to know what I think. Buy this model because I'm giving you my guarantee of your satisfaction under the "teacher's oath" (if there is such a thing) that it works and your students will be satisfied with their ability to see clearly.
Two things to consider if you do buy. FIrst, be ready to have a lot of paper laying around your desk; organization is key. Secondly, keep your hands in good condition or get a good pointer...the kids are going to know your cuticles well!
I also truly suggest buying your own instead of buying it through your school district. If there's even a remote possibility that they could take it from you, your plans have imploded.
I am able to zoom in on size 12 font on a page and enlarge it on my SMART board (similar to a Promethean board...basically an interactive whiteboard) to letters that are over a foot tall. I usually keep it at a distance that allows me to display the entire page on which we are working so that the kids can follow along with me. The flexible arm allows it to move into unlimited positions. I also love the auto focus feature for when the display is blurry. Finally, just today I used the screen capture feature when I needed to keep something displayed on the screen for the kids but also needed that space for something else. I was basically able to screen shot the page that was being displayed and then proceed to move the document camera to clear the space (but the kids could still see the image which I had screen captured).
Obviously I would recommend this document camera to anyone who is in the market for one. I have now owned two and loved them both. I tried to get by without one but as a teacher this is one of my MUST HAVES!!!
I use a much more expensive Elmo document camera at work--but I wanted a camera to use at home. The color and detail is actually better on this camera than the more expensive camera I use at work.
I used Camtasia Studio software to capture the video directly from my computer screen. It is important to note that the IPEVO camera does NOT record video itself. To record the video you will need an additional software program that will record your computer screen.
The video I am attaching here was originally recorded with the IPEVO setting of 1600 x 1200 for the best resolution--but I only recorded a 800 x 600 portion of the screen. I used a +2 exposure setting in the IPEVO software window to lighten the overall video. I also turned off the continuous focus since that will make the camera focus back and forth between the paper and my hand. I produced the video as a windows media video (.wmv).
I converted a copy of the video down to 400 x 300 to upload here. I'm not sure what will happen to the quality when it goes through whatever process Amazon uses for their video reviews. The original video is crystal clear!
Overall, I am very impressed with this camera!
Most recent customer reviews
Files are only stored as JPEG and even at highest resolution they are "noisy"
The latest version of their software (6.8.1.Read more