Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 92 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 97 reviews
on July 17, 2012
Overall the product is great! It took me a little while to do because my screen was in pretty bad shape..so I had to use tweezers to remove every little shard of glass, however, if you ever decided you want to attmept to fix your broken iPhone screen yourself, keep in mind NOT ALL CONNECTOR 2 CABLES ARE THE SAME! I got the new screen on, put everything back together, got down to just reconnecting the connectors..and found out that the CONNECTOR 2 cable comes in various sizes. I'm not entirely sure how to know which is the correct one for your phone..but I would suggest doing whatever it takes to figure that out BEFORE your phone is in pieces. Great product, received item in reasonable time..but I made the mistake of not looking further into what I really needed!
on July 28, 2012
My screen was cracked on my iPhone 3G and this was the cheapest, most difficult replacement. Buying the frame and the screen would have been loads easier, but I am impressed at the patience I put into this screen replacement. Just replacing this part is the most involved and tedious task you can do with an iPhone, which I had no idea until I first tore my iPhone apart. Make sure you get good directions via YouTube, especially if this is your first time tearing into an iPhone. I successfully replaced my screen, but i seemed to have messed up the LCD in the process trying to take it all apart. I've bought that part and I will replace it when it comes in. At least I know now what not to do. But all in all, if I wouldn't have done that, the screen after installation looks great and brand new, it fits well with the iPhone 3G 16GB. Recommended for people with high technical skills only, I work with electronics every day and this was a task for me. If you aren't that technical, get a tech friend or just buy a product that has the frame and home button installed with the screen, it will be much easier.
on August 24, 2012
The replacement screen and tools are pretty much what's advertised. The screwdrivers and suction cup are fine, but the plastic prying tools and the stickers are pretty useless. Make sure you have tweezers and Krazy Glue instead. The biggest problem is that the "connector 2" plug seems to be hit-or-miss whether it fits or not. And if it doesn't fit, the screen doesn't work. I can only assume the positive reviews on here were lucky enough to get the right part. I've contacted SF Planet about a replacement or a refund, and will update this review if they respond.
on July 7, 2013
I got this part because my iPhone 3G's glass/digitizer were busted up very badly. What drew me to this part was the price and the tools included, seemly very useful to have around. Installation went well, taking a while but relatively easy considering the outcome. I got the guide to replace it off of ifixit, which was immensely helpful.
A few days after I completed putting on the glass, I started to notice small surface scratches. I took no mind to this, and went on using it normally (I did not have a screen protector on at this point, I had gotten the iPhone from someone who broke it, and I have never broken a screen on my iPad or my two iPod Touchs). Turned out I should have been worried, because the scratches got worse and worse, eventually the screen randomly cracked near the home button.
If you get this part, Get A Screen Protector!!! this should solve the issue, as it is a great replacement part apart from the glass, the digitizer was identical and worked great.
on May 29, 2017
works well
on November 17, 2014
I wanted to give this phone to my young daughter in order for her to learn how to care for delicate electronic devises. She's only 7 years old currently so I disabled the phone function. The screen was cracked and was not comfortable allowing her to use a cracked screen fearing she might cut her fingers. I ordered this iphone 3G screen repair kit because it came with tools. It took me about an hour to replace the screen and the tools really helped simplify the process. I highly recommend this product and am thankful I purchased.
on February 12, 2013
Fortunately, the product came with just what I needed. It does not come with instructions or the inner LCD screen. I was able to replace the broken outer digitizing screen using instructions from YouTube. The tools did the job, but I found that I needed tweezers as well to help me put cable #3 back in place. All in all it took me about 15 minutes to get the job done. Delivery was super fast. I would recommend, but be careful as the name of the product is a little misleading. The picture is accurate of the parts. I called customer service, they do not offer instructions.
on October 18, 2012
I recieved the product broken, the screen was cracked. I understand this was most likely out fo the hands of the provider. I was quickly sent a replacement. The customer service was very nice through the email. the product arrived a 2nd time. After installation ti does not work. The number 2 connection is crap, it doesn't stay in and is slightly different that the connector apple uses. When the screen is touched the phone believes the input is about .25 incehs to the right of where i touched. If i touch the left most icon on the home screen, the farthest to the right opens.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2011
Perfect replacement for my iPhone 3G touch screen/digitizer. Works flawlessly and came shipped as promised. The only recommendation I can give is, after installation, to place your phone face-down on a smooth, clean surface and place a heavy book or something that won't crush the phone on the back so the glass will fully seat in the ring with the adhesive included.
on April 25, 2013
I was able to replace the screen easily on my daughter's iPhone. I actually didn't need all of the included tools. In addition to what's included I also used a hairdryer for loosening the glue on the old screen and some superglue to stick the new screen back on. I didn't care for the adhesive strips. There are good tutorials on YouTube that give you detailed instructions. I'm glad I bought this since it saved me so much money to do it myself.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question