- File Size: 566 KB
- Print Length: 266 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Precious Oil Publications (November 12, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 12, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0084QSCQG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,903,963 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Ireland – now the good news! Kindle Edition
|Length: 266 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The book itself is well put together. The clear headings give an idea of what to expect and the interviews and testimonies are put together with seamless panache. This is worth two stars in itself and the background is also interesting as I am interested in Irish history.
However I'm afraid I found it hard to get past the "happy clappy" evangelical born-again fervour. The book tends to preach a bit which I don't like. However I am also aware that it is the perspective of the various individuals of whose testimonies this book is comprised. To me the extreme devotion and blind faith has a certain ick factor about it.
It is, as I have already said, well put together but I'm afraid the content did not grip me. Rather than causing me to find the Lord it makes me remember why I left the church in the first place. I am sure however that Christians and those enquiring about the faith may well find the comfort and revelation I did not. Raymond & Gerry McCullough are excellent writers and clearly feels akin to those whose faith is documented in this book. I have enjoyed their other books but I am afraid this has not won a place on my favourites list.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Irish
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth