Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Irish Roses: Women of Celtic Song
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on January 27, 2011
After listening to "My Own Native Land" I have played it for all my friends who say they are of Irish heritage and I tell them, if you are not deeply moved by this one song especially, you don't have any Irish in you!!! Same goes for "Kilkelly." I can't get enough of these beautiful voices. Would like to find the lyrics in print.
on June 3, 2014
I ordered and received 'Irish Roses' and played it in various house and auto players. After a couple of weeks, the last four tracks began to malfunction. The music would cut rapidly in and out and eventually stop playing at all. I returned the disc for a new one, which return went smoothly. After another couple of weeks, the last track began doing the same thing. I then copied the CD onto a good quality music CD and all the tracks recorded successfully, including the one that had begun to malfunction. This is an excellent group with haunting and moving Irish music that I would heartedly recommend to anyone who likes this type of music but I would recommend that the first thing one do is copy the CD onto another better quality disc and play that one and store the original away. There is quite clearly a problem with the quality of Compact Discs this company is using to record this album onto.
on March 11, 2015
I bought this CD because I Liked Kilkelly so much, but I think I enjoy the whole CD as much as I did that one song. These voices are just angelic and it is very relaxing listening. I have my music for St. Patrick's Day. I ripped it to MP3 and it is very common have it as background music when working on my computer. You can sample many of these songs online at u-tube, but I can't recall when the last time was I enjoyed a CD in it's entirety like I do this. It is especially well suited as background music when I'm doing genealogy- especially when the trail leads to the Emerald Isle!
These reviews were helpful tome when I was interested in buying this, so I hope mine helps.
on April 22, 2014
The song "Kilkelly" is a wonderfully sad song (as incongruous as that sounds) along the likes of "Ashokan Farewell" from the PBS Civil War series. It is also well worth the price of the CD by itself. The singer does a splendid job in conveying the pain couched in the personal letters from a father to his son that form the lyrics of this song. The other songs are good, but Kilkelly will haunt you forever...
on August 5, 2015
The music is lovely in a soothing old world way. My favorite song is Kilkelly, which is a hauntingly beautiful lamentation to separation and loss.
If one enjoys the music of Celtic Woman ( seen them in concert) then Irish Roses would be a welcome addition to your music collection.
on January 22, 2013
in all the internet i didn't find a page of Rowena Taheny, the singer. She sings beautyfull. I liked to heare more of her songs, but here in germany she isn't represented by any label. Even on the CD her name dosen't appear.
on March 15, 2013
your are getting your money worth getting music by these girls--they have awesome voices-well worth buying and you will not be disappointed
on June 24, 2014
There are many Irish compilations and this one is up there with the best. It's a CD you need to curl up on the sofa and listen to.
on April 20, 2014
The CD is really, really good. The songs are hauntingly beautiful, ageless.

However, upon receipt of the CD the jewel case was cracked in several places. The CD survived, and I have plenty of CD jewel cases, still, packaging has been the cause of my only complaints about Amazon.

Perhaps in their haste to get the product to the customer rapidly, proper packaging is a speed killer.
on January 6, 2011
I would love to find a way to contact these people. I have searched and searched online. I would love to know how to sing the lullaby in their language. I'd love to record it and send it to my grandson in Alaska. Any suggestions. Also, are they producing anymore cd's Love their voices. I love to sing it's my relaxation antidote.