Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,683 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,037 reviews
on December 11, 2014
I bought this to add to my collection of Marvel movies. I did not like it as much as Iron Man 1 due to the darkness of the story. Aside from that, there is plenty of action. Robert Downey Jr. does a very good job of developing his character, showing his character's weak side as well as Stark's strengths. It is a good story overall which is developed nicely.
on June 12, 2017
This one was a pretty decent sequel to the first Iron Man, but not as good.
It has a decent plot and continuation of the series, and serves the purpose of providing more information about Howard Stark (for the rest of the Marvel movies) and paving the way for The Avengers.
It's worth watching.
on May 5, 2017
I am Iron Man.

Admit it, when you watched the first movie and he said those words, you got chills. It was awesome. Marvel is doing some amazing movies. Some people say this one is not that great, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it...

..and I am Iron Man.
on July 21, 2017
Not a comic book person, watched it because of all the hype and - face it - there really aren't that many good movies. This was a disappointment. Iron Man 1 was pretty good. 2 and 3 are disappointingly bad.
on July 10, 2017
If you like the superheroes you can't go wrong with this one. It's well done and we saw it at least a few times before. My brother in law had never seen it so we got it Still excellent.
on July 14, 2017
Little did we know that the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would go on to 5 successful seasons as a separate TV show. Great see Coulson and the gang before they fell to Hydra. Tony's character arc really starts with this movie as he contends with his inner demons. Only then can he over come his past to win the future.
on September 26, 2015
Very nice movie.

Just wanted to say if you buy this, the digital copy is not Ultraviolet. But the way to get it on your devices that have Vudu or Amazon Video, redeem the DigitalCopy through iTunes after linking your Disney Anywhere account to iTunes, Amazon, and Vudu. iTunes unlocks the Disney Anywhere version of this movie and when linked to Amazon and Vudu, then your devices will those can watch as well. I even unlinked my iTunes afterwards and the movie was still available on my Amazon and Vudu devices.
on March 23, 2017
Don't usually go in for super hero themes, but friends were watching and I joined and I was surprised. Very entertaining, and Iron Man has a great sense of humor.
on June 25, 2013
Very good movie - CGI was exceptational!. Plot was way above average, especially for the genre - comic book story.

I think it's very hard to do a good super hero story as the basic story is so well known. I would think you would want to add a twist to make it different from the comics but still be true to the well-known storyline.

The first Iron Man was great - didn't care too much for the last 3 minutes but otherwise almost a perfect 10. This one was a definite step-down but when you're stepping down from near perfection you're still very, very good.

They have taken, to me, a minor-major hero and made him a top-notch hero along with Spiderman! To do this take a deft hand.

Picture was superb on my 46 inch LCD. Sound was great! Plot was good - not as good as the 1st but still pretty good. It was nice to see the characters develop over time. Action scenes were way above average (unlike Man of Steel which did the same thing over and over and ....).

DVD arrived quickly in perfect shape at a super price.

I recommend this - 8.5 to 9.0 out of 10. I would give this 4.5 stars out of 5.
on December 29, 2013
I don't think there will ever be a better Iron Man/Tony Stark than Robert Downey Jr.! While I was not a fan of the Whiplash story arc in this movie, I really think it is still a good movie because of the relationship between Pepper Potts and Tony. Their back and forth is so funny and cute and comes across as natural and unrehearsed. Plus, who doesn't love Happy played by Jon Favreau! The addition of Black Widow and a more integral SHIELD really started to stitch together the franchise and expand the marvel universe. What I loved most about this movie was Tony coming to grips with mortality. I liked seeing him pensive and genuinely thoughtful for a moment which is almost a complete reversal compared to his usual over-the-top personality. The wit, the action, and the character development make this movie really good! And who doesn't love Tony Stark mouthing off the congressional hearing or whatever?! Overall, a good evolution from the first one.