BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Iron Sky
Format: DVD|Change

on September 10, 2017
Nazis fled Earth in 1945, forming a base on the dark side of the moon. They've remained there, in isolation, continuing to thrive and progress technologically without a select few innovations. The Moon Nazis never successfully developed a micro-transistor, so their advanced technology more closely resembles steampunk.

I expected a bad movie, but was surprised with a movie that was much more than I'd expected. I fully appreciate that this movie won't appeal to everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on August 19, 2017
Its a comedy about a Nazi invasion from the moon. you will probably never read that sentence ever again. It's carried out quite well. Much of the humor is based on stereotypes. its the kind of movie where you will say "is this good... is this worth watching" throughout the movie.
on July 22, 2017
I'm not sure the storyline made sense at all but they really made up with some nice battle scenes. I feel like the name of the US Spaceship was a tad corny but this whole movie just takes your expectations and shakes them violently.
on June 30, 2017
Ya gotta hate the Nazis of the Third Reich but you have to admit that they had the best uniforms - especially when worn by blonde females. This is a wise-cracking, funny watch. Don't take it seriously whatever you do.
on September 8, 2017
Silly, entertaining and a little different. Reminds you not to take things to seriously and just have a laugh. This movie takes stereo types, cliches and has a non-Hollywood style ending without a happy ending, sort of. Don't judge, don't think, just watch, laugh and try to catch all the little innuendos without making a mountain out of a mole hill. Refreshing!
on January 13, 2013
I had no doubt I was going to get this film after seeing their earlier one that spoofed Trek and Babylon 5. But even though I liked Iron Sky very much I found many things that left me feeling let down by the final product. First off the trailers gave the impression of a much more dramatic story than what one gets. That it was meant to be a comedy if fine, just bill it as a comedy. One should never fib to your audience, especially if they're your standard sci-fi fan that loves to nit pick on the details.

Some of those nits were the discordance of thinking a very pragmatic and industrious people such as the Nazi were would spend their entire time sealed in a (literal) vacuum while they made their plans to return and conquer. It would seem more realistic that they would have maintained an intelligence link through surviving party members that escaped to neutral countries like Argentina. It would also give them a place to set a base of operations to better support their logistics. Along the same lines one has to ask where the heck did they get the materials to build their base, make their clothing, etc. It sure wouldn't be from moon dust or (very) thin air! But a comedy isn't suppose to delve too deeply normally. However since the movie had a satirical bend to it that DOES require greater depth to pull that off effectively. One scene did work. The one where the German guards were looking and commenting on the Playboy magazine and it's "hairless" women. That was pulled off quite well. It might even qualify as the best scene overall.

The CGI again was very well done and again I'm of the opinion that it sets a standard that the larger lazy cookie cutter film makers would do well to pay heed to rather than continue their boring "Ok we pushed that start button, tweaked the same tiresome graphics and plot progressions we've used a dozen times before so the audience won't be able to tell....the film is done!" If I had any complaint with things it was there wasn't enough CGI. One of the things I really enjoyed about the prior movie, and what made it stand out, was the amount of realistic CGI employed in the battles. It really got my attention and I was looking forward to the repeat this time. Instead I was left wanting. There just wasn't enough this time to get a full appreciation of the quality and the effort that requires.

You also have to admire the ability to take a German city and turn it into a replica of New York for the city scenes. Far more impressive than NYC itself.

If you want to think I'm being too much a nit picker, I'll agree with you. That's because when I like something I look into the nooks and crannies and see what could have been done to make it better. For what the movie set out to do, an amusing spoof little of the Nazis, Sarah Palin, and the rest of the crass shallow leaders and their lackeys (who should be put before a firing squad rather than on a ballot!), it succeeded. However it did NOT live up to it's potential which could easily have placed it on a legendary status had it been realized. THAT is the part that disappoints the most.

It's worth seeing, just don't get your hopes up too high.
on October 21, 2014
Kinda corny but still better than going to work. Do you ever have days you want to just stay home and let other people go to work while you stay home in bed and watch corny movie, well this is one of them. It should be purchased and put into your library for a rainy day.
Don t forget the PIZZA!
Enthusiast: Star Warson February 15, 2014
I did really like this movie and having said that, I will explain. I don't want too give too much away but you have to approach this movie with your tongue firmly implanted in your cheek. Nazis on the moon? The President of the US in this time, it takes place now, is a Sarah Palin parody, so you can guess how that is. I won't say too much more, except everyone looks to be having a great time and I did too.
on February 27, 2016
Two stars, only because of the high camp that peeks through occasionally (the riff on a Sarah Palin president is almost good). The script is generally lamentable, with unfortunate comic asides. Sets and special FX are cheesy. I will also say that the anti-piracy HD format is VERY hard on my eyes, practically unwatchable. I see why it closed on opening night.
on August 26, 2017
Whether you like this movie depends on if you think it is funny. It is a messy satire, and often bad, on rare occasion clever. IMO the bad parts outweigh the good.