Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on January 30, 2014
I would LOVE to give this book 5 stars... But while the illustrations are almost perfect, the story is not.

I mean, I don't want to reveal anything about it, but I just really didn't like the story. trying to evade the cliches, it transformed itself in a very big one.

The illustrations are very good, though although there are a few lines there that are supposed to be the wind that sometimes ruin it a little bit (you'll see it when you read it).

I don't regret buying this book because I am an illustrator and a collector, but I have a very hard time finishing the book.
on January 8, 2013
I pre-ordered this graphic novel last April the instant I saw the artwork, and I devoured it the instant it finally shipped a few days ago. The artwork is entirely comprised of watercolor pieces that are simply breathtaking, sadly the story doesn't come close to the same level as the artwork. It is a basic tale of post-wartime rebellion and resistance told with anthropomorphic characters and feels a little rushed at times and a little hokey at others and is not very satisfying on any level. The publisher, Archaia, has a special place in my heart for the outstanding quality and effort they put into their books and this is no exception, the cloth-covered hardcover is a thing of beauty and they never fail to impress me. A good effort with gorgeous artwork and not a lot else though.
on February 17, 2013
Highly recommend this beautiful, well written book. The art work is gorgeous and captures the mood of the story. Can't wait to see more from this amazing artist!
on April 5, 2013
Ambitious concept that is well executed. It's one of those books that you re read as soon as your done with it.