|Item Weight||4.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 1 x 6.2 inches|
|Item model number||3061001|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||Yes|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Irwin Industrial Tools 3061001 Miter Saw Laser Guide
|Sale:||$39.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$15.00 (27%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I have posted a few images to show you the laser guide installed on my Dewalt miter saw. Hopefully you will be able to see the laser light and how it installs. I hope this helps.
Long story short, I'm 54 and find this to be a great item. I'm thinking of having a bolt hole put in the arbor of my radial arm saw so I could put one on it!
This product replaces the arbor washer on the saw and automatically produces a red guide line along the left side of the blade when you start the saw. I found the guide to be very helpful. Just mark your workpiece with a pencil and center the guide over the mark. You will quickly get the hang of it. Just make sure that the "keeper" portion is cut on the left side of the blade.
This unit came with a nice little soft case and several alternative replacement arbor bolts in case the OEM one doesn't work. You will need to make sure you have clearance between the blade guard and the arbor nut once the guide is installed. Tolerances were fairly tight on the Hitachi C10FCE2, but it worked.
1. I typically set up my saw outdoors. In bright sunshine the red guide can be difficult to see. For best results position the saw so the left side of the blade is in the shade or do your cutting in a location where you can control the lighting.
2. Be aware that using this guide may require more attention when cutting thicker stock. One and two inch material works fine, but if you intend to cut 4 x 4 material be careful. The diameter of the laser guide is wider than the washer it replaces so you don't have as much clearance on thick stock. I found it worked okay when I was paying attention, but if you fully depress the blade you're going to wind up marring the end of your material.
* The mounting hole is much larger than the bolts, so getting the part (which is solid & heavy) on-center to keep the blade balanced is sheer luck.
* The beam is very sharp, but it's also very dim. Hard to see in normal shop lighting. They should make do with shorter battery life (3 button cells) and use a brighter laser.
* Dispite Irwin's claims, it doesn't work on the very popular DeWalt DW705 12" compound miter - the part isn't tapered on top, so it grinds against the pivot joint for the blade guard.
I would have kept mine anyway, but with a DW705 it's sadly not possible.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The laser light was short of the measure mark. Caused me to ruin the board because it was to short.Published 4 days ago by Larry
It was purchase for a friend as a gift it is what he wanted for his saw. He already have one but it quit working. I hope this one lasts.Published 1 month ago by A. Wachter
Just what the doctor ordered. Works great with my 12" Harbor Freight compound miter saw. Great price, fast delivery.Published 5 months ago by Randolph Whittington
This one small item gives me so much satisfaction in my workshop that I will never be without one. I highly recommend it for anyones workshop.Published 17 months ago by M. Cherniske