Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
on May 26, 2017
Fabulous book for my 2.5 year old son. We found this at the library because we were looking for more books by this author (we already had her Goodnight Train book, which is another huge hit in our house). We liked this so much we bought our own copy.
on August 13, 2015
The pictures and story are fine. I just wish that all the letters they used were actually for the machines themselves. Letters like "K for Ka-boom" and "Q for Quit" are concepts my toddler can't grasp just yet as I'm trying to get him to learn his letters and phonetics. A letter and a machine pair are much more concrete for him to understand. I much rather prefer Construction Alphabet Book. He liked it much better and memorized all the letters and machines with it.
on July 15, 2015
My son loves any book with contraction stuff and any book about letters in the alphabet or numbers and counting. Maybe a little dinosaur or farm story here and there. Lol This was nicely written. Smooth and flows nicely. The beginning sound isn't a different color or written separately on each page in this book, so my finger and emphasis on the beginning sound letter has to be a little more involved, which is how I usually read to them anyway. It's a lot more fun that way. ;)
on August 17, 2015
My 2 year old loves this book. We have to read it and Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site several times each night at bedtime. He finds the letters since they are larger and colored to stand out on the page. Great book for kids learning their ABCs. He is obsessed with vehicles of all kinds, but especially construction vehicles. I would definitely recommend this book for toddlers.
on April 3, 2014
Our grandson is 3. We read this book everyday before his nap. The ABC is easy to see, the illustrations are detailed and lend them to additional storytelling and learning opportunities (ie: I ask "how many hard hats to do you see?")...He always selects this one from the book shelf to read and we have a great time talking about "wonderland" and how much fun it would be to go there. This is a very delightful book and lends itself well to additional interaction with your little one.
on September 6, 2014
What a cute ABC book! My little guy loves anything trucks so this was right up his alley! It's best for kids 2-4 in my opinion.
on January 19, 2014
This is called "B is for Bulldozer" because "A is for Asphalt" and that just wouldn't fly.

The poetry and chosen words of the alphabet stretch credibility, and will never flow, but it's not a terrible book. Just disappointing that it cannot be used to learn the alphabet, which is how it is being advertised.
on August 11, 2011
This is a GREAT book for a 2 year old boy! The pictures are wonderful, colorful, and clear! Having one sentence per page is perfect for their attention span. The ABC'S are learned inadvertently, representing cool stuff that boys are interested in! And they learn more about the construction world, and so does Grammy! This book is very fun and exciting! Every page is a favorite, but the favorite-favorite is the "Hear that Ka-boom?" page. Thank you for this book. It arrived in perfect condition in a reasonable amount of days.
on March 8, 2014
You know you bought a good picture book when your three-year-old grandson listens to you read the book and immediately asks, "Read it again!" The pictures are bright, realistic, and interesting, especially as the seasons change while the construction crew is hard at work, watched by the neighborhood parents and children. A real winner for children who enoy alphabet books!
on June 22, 2010
This book is a great choice for toddlers and early readers. My daughters and my son all enjoy this book. I only wish the cover was a little more durable, as it is only laminated card stock and isn't holding up to use as well as other better bound books we own. Also, the rhythm of the poetry is not exactly spot-on. But these are minor points of criticism for a book that is otherwise perfectly suitable for what is was intended to be.