Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

G Is for Googol: A Math Alphabet Book
Format: Hardcover|Change

on June 2, 2017
Pro's: 1) this books goes into interesting details about each math concept. 2) Many concepts are relatively fancy/enticing to 5th-8th grade students for which the book is meant.

Con: 2) A handful of letters are wasted. Nature is just a repeat of Fibonacci. (Author could have used null, negative, or some better concept.) Also the author should have come up with more interesting words for H, D, and Z than hundred, diamond, and zillion.
on February 19, 2015
This book was a hit with my son. He is 5 and we have been reading him an entry each night. The next day he incorporates the new concepts into his play and often sits and writes down some of the stuff that he learned. He loves math and this was just perfect for him. He is now obsessed with learning all of the names of large numbers and how many zeroes they have behind them. Luckily there is a wiki on that :)
VINE VOICEon July 5, 2008
This is such a good book. I bought it for my 10 yo son and he reads from it often, and then comes to me with all sorts of sophisticated tidbits about math, that I'd either forgotten or never known!
It's a very gentle way of getting to know complex mathematical theories, and its explanations are clear and succinct. Although alphabet based, this is not for small children, I would not give it to anyone younger than 9.
I'm very happy with this book and would happily recommend it. We're going to get Q is for Quark next.
on March 17, 2015
My children LOVE this book and came to me saying all kinds of things I didn't know since they read it before me! I think it's a great book to inspire math in young learners!
on June 1, 2009
What I really like about this book is that it's a math smorgasborg. My kids and I are using this book through the summer, doing a page per day or two, or more if something intrigues us. Because of the alphabetical theme, you get exposure to concepts that wouldn't normally fall together in a math curriculum. And the entries are fun. Plus each letter offers a list of other math topics beginning with that letter that you can explore on your own.
on June 20, 2013
I bought this for my Kindergarten aged nephews. I LOVE this book, and honestly think its a main reason I am a scientist now. The things I read in G is Googol have stayed with me in to adulthood. So happy to have my autographed copy from 5th grade!
on January 4, 2017
My kids six and under enjoy this one very much.
on January 11, 2016
fun book
on August 6, 2015
Another bookshelf must have for teachers if you teach math...
on January 14, 2013
Excellent for middle schoolers as well as adults interested in math and science facts spelled out in a simple manner. Fun because it has 26 diverse subjects with interesting art and well written text.