Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Dragon Age: Origins - Xbox 360 forum

Is anyone else annoyed...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 3, 2009 11:20:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2009 11:23:15 AM PST
fredw138 says:
with the fact that any time an RPG is released, casual action gamers write a slew of negative reviews because it is what it claims to be?

I remember when Fallout 3 came out there were fans of FPS games slamming it.

Now it seems with dragon age that people are complaining that its turn based and not another hack n slash like Fable 2 or Oblivion. I mean, didn't Bioware state that this game was inspired by Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and Knights of the Old Republic?

Now don't get me wrong, there are some well thought out negative reviews, but alot of them either are griping about the graphics (and they exaggerate too) or complaining that its a turn-based RPG. I don't think its the game's fault that people didn't actually learn what the game was before buying it.

What ever happened to different genres of video games? Why do some people get this crazy idea that a game should have universal appeal in order to be rated well.

I personally HATE the Halo games, but you don't see me writing 1-star reviews on them, because I'm not a fan of shooters in general, so I'm already biased.

Posted on Dec 3, 2009 2:09:16 PM PST
What can you say other than idiots...

Do you see the 1 star review complaining about no jumping? There's also a Christian's concern on demonology... One on Too much conversation... There's a 1 star review on a different PS3 RPG game complaining about no online play... People need to get their heads out of their azzes...

Posted on Dec 8, 2009 3:12:50 AM PST
I'm annoyed about this as well. I am a christian and i too read the review concerned about demonology. I don't feel this is the case and i highly doubt Bioware or EA went out and studied demonology to make this game. I also saw a 1 star review based on the fact that there is the option to be homo-sexual or bi-sexual. I appreciate reviews that are truly thought provoked not just slamming it for allowing an "alternate sexual preference", not being that persons favorite genre of game, or because its on a paticular system.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 1:33:44 PM PST
M. Estrada says:
Totally on the same page with you guys. People don't understand what an RPG really is, and this is a fine example of one. It's a shame that the nay-sayers and confused bog it down with their ignorance. I don't go watching Lord of the Rings and start crying that it was a bad comedy. Genres, people, genres!

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 3:40:21 AM PST
People fail to do any kind of research or read any kind of information about a game before they blindly purchase and then proceed to slam the game cause it wasn't what they wanted. I read about DA:O long before i purchased it, watched gameplay videos and surfed the forums on the website before i bought it. I knew what the game mechanics were before hand, and i LOVE DA:O it is exactly the type of RPG i wanted.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 10:27:17 AM PST
Wow, I am so glad to hear a few sane voices. This is really a terrific game and all of the 1 star reviews are simply spurious. I might not have purchased this game except for Gamespot's 9.0 rating. Overall I feel their ratings are inflated- but if something is 6.0 or lower or 8.0 or higher then you kind of have an idea. As was said, "Don't criticize types of games you never play!". I don't play many FPS types other than Oblivion and Fallout 3. I prefer 3rd person RPG's--therefore I feel my review is relevant for those who go in for this type of game. Maybe there should be a qualifying IQ test before you are allowed to post a review.

Posted on Dec 16, 2009 6:25:59 PM PST
Yeah I am not sure what this most recent one star review is even saying. He seems to say he likes the game, but is unable to play it?

keeps complaining about the UI, as if it is so broken it makes the game a chore. I am thinking is this guy an idiot? I have had no problems with the user interface at all. I mean it is easy to navigate through your menus, you can toggle on "hold" for the radial menu so you can use it at your leisure, you can easily switch between party members whether in combat or out, and the quest log/codex is very detailed.

combat is not the best ever, but it really only takes a while to get used to it and once you get your party tactics down combat starts becoming more and more fun and interactive. Especially once *shock* you get stronger, just like in any RPG, combat expands and becomes more entertaining once you have built your character up, have higher level skills and armor etc.

But out of combat everything has the same basic interface as any other Bioware game, and the guy seemed to like KotOR, so wtf is he talking about??
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 3, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon Age: Origins - Xbox 360
Dragon Age: Origins - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars (384)