Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2008, 10:21:36 AM PST
Michel Hlas says:
I am wondering if you could just use the wii zapper for the same purpose?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2008, 5:05:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2008, 5:06:08 PM PST
The main difference in my opinion between this and the "Zapper" is that this gun does not have a chunk of plastic stuck to the back of it that is there whether or not you are playing a game that requires the nunchuk. I like to be able to hold the gun in one hand and the nunchuk in the other it just feels more natural to me.
My opinion is that it is worth buying. Just keep in mind that what I have said is my own personal opinion and may not neccesarily represent the opinion of the majority of the Wiiers out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2008, 7:04:15 PM PDT
sumadis says:
DO NOT BUY THE NYKO WII PERFECT SHOT GUN!!!

This is a piece of cr@p!!! Sorry but I loved all things Nyko before I wasted my money on TWO of these!!! It is way too top-heavy and a too-tight fit for the Wii-mote!!! I bought two of these for House of the Dead 2/3 and it scrapes some plastic off the Wii-mote everytime I try to pull them in & out! And they make the worse creaking noises as you use them because when you get into the game and start squeezing the gun/trigger harder it sounds like the Wii-motes are in a vice!!!

If you're near a Fry's Electronics, they have a no-name brand one for $17.99 that works perfectly!!! It is a perfect fit and even has an outlet for the nunchuk at the butt of the gun for Resident Evil and other games that would require the use of both. But most importantly it is EXTREMELY LIGHT-WEIGHT compared to the Nyko!!!

Part of the reason I was looking for a gun "holster" for the Wii-mote was because of the awkward way you have to hold the Wii-mote to aim it in gun mode for gun games. Well the Nyko ends up doing the same thing because it is so top-heavy that your wrist is constantly having to work to keep your tip up (= Well with this no-name aftermarket one that is a non-issue.

Like I said it's a no-namer, the packaging is white and it says Wii- but it looks like Wuu at the top-right of the package. If you can find this, I recommend this instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2008, 12:07:00 AM PDT
I have to reply sumadis, it is nothing personal...

I have never once had a problem getting the remote into or out of the guns.
Are you just brute forcing the remote into the gun? If so, that is why it scrape platic off. The gun is designed for a snug fit, but I have never hadthe problems you are suggesting. Just now to ensure that I was responding well informed, I went and grabbed a remote and a gun and put them together and took them apart about ten times with zero scraping or hassle. I also did not get any of this creaking noise you are talking about. Is it possible that you are squeezing to hard on the trigger? It's not pressure sensitive, a little pull will do ya.
I can't comment on whether or not it is too top heavy, yes that is where most of the weight is, however I have never had an issue with it. I've never felt like my wrist was getting sore while using this Nyko gun.
Who knows, maybe you got unlucky and got two defective guns, I just know that mine work far better than you are claiming they do.Of all the guns out there for the wii, I would pick this one any day of the week. Just my two cents... good luck with the guns you found that work for you. Just remember one thing, just because you can't get something to work, doesn't neccesarily mean it's the product.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 7:10:39 PM PDT
M. Sanges says:
Sumadis is right-on (mostly)!!!

After reading so many great reviews about this gun I had really high hopes until the one guy mentioned a very important thing: the trigger pull is far too long; and the reviewer even goes on to say that he jammed a piece of plastic in the gun to keep the trigger's "rest position" from being so far back.

I got the gun. Installed the remote just fine. Looked it over, played with it in my hand, noticed how blocky the slightly-too-wide-grip is. Put in House of the Dead II + III... and after just 4 minutes of attempting to use it knew it was junk.

I'm sure this gun is fine with any game that doesn't require shot-after-shot-after-shot all within a matter of 3-4 seconds.. but frankly, in the time I can (and need to) squeeze the B button on the remote by itself 4 times, I might just be able to get the gun's trigger to make contact 2 times.

It's really junk.

And for $6 on ebay, I bought some chintzy, ultra-lightweight junky-looking, "Wu" "light gun accessory" that works exactly as it should.

Take a look at truion.com to see what Hong Kong junk it is that's so much better.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2008, 7:24:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2008, 7:26:53 PM PDT
Wiiz0r says:
lol, that website just says it's name...wtf? What did you search in ebay for this Wu light gun?

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2008, 10:44:42 PM PDT
M. Sanges says:
Search exactly that: "wii light gun" ...that "lol" site has an ebay store as well. None of this is really rocket science. I mention the site because it's... well, A SITE, meaning they have an inventory of it constantly and you pay possibly 12 cents more for buying it through their site than their ebay store.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2008, 1:37:15 PM PDT
Wiiz0r says:
Wow, no need to get your panties in a bundle. Try going to the site that you recommended. www.truion.com takes you to a page where the only thing displayed is Truion.com. I tried this in 3 different web browsers with the same result. I also know how to search ebay, and when you type "wii light gun" about 305 results are found, and they are not all the same gun. I was pretty sure when I searched yesterday that you were talking about the "Best Wii light gun" but I wanted to double check with you before I bought the wrong thing. Sorry if my post sounded disrespectful but thanks for the help... I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2008, 8:48:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 20, 2008, 8:57:57 PM PDT
M. Sanges says:
Okay okay, so I apologize for being snippy, but I'm not entirely acquainted with Amazon's forum rules, so I had figured I'd mention the main site of the seller that I got the gun from and then whoever wanted to investigate this gun could just go ahead and browse the site for the gun I bought from them. What I didn't realize until right now is that it's trueion.com with an E. That's really a problem for my whole arguement isn't it? Damn.

The gun is one of only a few accessories on the site under the category for Wii Accessories (Video Games>> Wii Accessories). Or just go here? http://www.trueion.com/light-gun-for-nintendo-wii-remote-controller-sport-game.html

On ebay the exact listing I got it from (through the same seller as the site), it's titled "Light Gun for Nintendo Wii Remote Controller Sport Game" WITH the quotes! And this should narrow the search to around 30+, most of which will be the exact same gun, but from different sellers. The right gun shows a white gun in a White & Blue box and the gun has three big dots on the side and the package simply states "LIGHT GUN" -- THIS is the auction. The ones that are super cheap even with shipping are from Trueion if you notice. There is a catch though, but it's rather small: as I mentioned these are third-party knockoffs so it's more like "fifth-party" products which are more chintzy than the mass marketed stuff you tend to find in stores so the gun seems to have been made with two different designs: the one that's pictured or the one that I ended up with, which has grooves on the sides instead of the dots--but they're the exact same gun aside from the designs (probably a bi-product of whatever gun they were ripping-off).

Hope that clears it all up.

ps. (my third edit) Yes, the one listed as "Best Wii light gun" is the picture of the exact one, but as I mentioned that gun seems to be completely interchangeable with the one that I have that is always pictured in a box (you don't get that box either btw, that's how they keep the costs down I can only assume).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2008, 5:19:17 PM PDT
Dan G. says:
Just ran across this post after I submitted my review; thought that I would slap it in here.

Just picked this up from Best Buy for $15 and it works great! Addressing reviews claiming the handle to be too big, the trigger resistance is too great, or its too front heavy once the wii remote is in; pure rubbish. As an average sized man, it's perfect. Also some reviews claim that it damages the wii remote; it fits perfectly fine(granted, I am not using any rechargable battery packs, just original equipment, this seems to be where a problem may arise). Me thinks operator error may be to blame as well, it slides in like butter (with the skin off!, duh). I bought House of the Dead with it, and its a blast! Sure it has the same crummy graphics from the arcade, but that's what I expected. Highly recommended, now I just want to see some more compatible games!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2008, 6:11:35 PM PDT
M. Sanges says:
Yeah, I had no idea what the reviewer was talking about who had such great difficulty getting their wiimote into the Perfect Shot--probably just a bunglehead; agreed. I do think that any gun accessory is going to have the complaint about wrist fatigue from the precarious new position of the weight being at the end of a plastic handle. Even my chintzy "baby" has that problem... but just a bit less than the Perfect Shot.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, I guess and it's pretty obvious that a lot of people find this gun to be "Perfect", it's just really REALLY not, for me (and other, quieter, naysayers out there). I'm pretty confident that as time goes on there'll be much better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about