Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Nightmare forum

Is this album EPIC?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2010, 3:05:29 PM PDT
Given the circumstances of losing Jimmy, does this album mean something special to you? Favorite song? Album better than any of the previous?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2010, 5:35:35 PM PDT
K. VanDuser says:
Yes given the circumstances it is more special to me than any of their others. I just got my cd today and have listened to it once through. Very hard to listen to but I am so excited because this cd is AMAZING! Better than I expected. Fav song is probably Fiction just because Jimmy's voice is on it but it made me cry to listen to. Hard to say if it is better than previous albums. I love Waking the Fallen and the self titled. It's as good if not better than them. This cd kicks ass but at the same time I cried during so many of the songs just because of the references to Jimmy. True fans will love this and those that weren't fans before have to be deaf not to love this cd.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2010, 6:01:22 PM PDT
Monkdude says:
I have to confess that I just started listening to this band because of Dream Theater. I didn't know what I was missing. I read that Mike Portnoy was Jimmy's favorite drummer and that he would be playing with the Avenged Sevenfold during the current tour, so I looked up the band, listened to the song "Nightmare" and was blown away. I then heard "Buried Alive" off the new album and liked it as well. I just ordered this CD along with the DVD/CD from 2008.

Posted on Jul 26, 2010, 11:32:54 PM PDT
Michael says:
Is it epic? I think so. I consider it a return to the epic sound from City Of Evil and the dark tone from Waking The Fallen. The band has always had a signature sound on all of their albums no matter what. I haven't heard all of the tracks yet because I'm waiting til release, but I can say I think it'll be very special given that Jimmy's favorite drummer took his place on the record, and Mike is a phenomenal drummer. Plus, even though he is gone, Jimmy is all over this record from his writing to his vocals that were used. This may very well be the band's best yet.

Posted on Jul 26, 2010, 11:39:34 PM PDT
S. Whitaker says:
I've listened to the entire album several times now (10+), and I can say, without a doubt, that this is A7X's best overall album. In fact, it sits atop my list of best albums I've ever heard. An amazing piece of work, brilliant in all aspects.

Posted on Jul 27, 2010, 12:04:32 AM PDT
Buried Alive Is so damn Epic along with the whole Cd. I have been Listening to nightmare and Buried avile for two weeks now. And Now The whole cd, I just can say this is thier best yet and best cd of 2010

Posted on Jul 27, 2010, 11:13:33 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010, 8:14:39 AM PDT
Tony S. says:
OK, W. Freeman - thanks for your criticisms.

Jimmy was an amazingly talented drummer. What's special about anyone who dies? Are you telling me you've never been upset over anyone who's died who you didn't know personally? People get upset because he was an integral part of their life, even if they weren't an integral part of his.

What are you expecting to accomplish with these "reviews"? It seems like you're just a sad middle aged man in search of a soapbox...go ahead and rant all you want, I'm not going to stop you. Try to stay focused though on what you're ranting about.

Posted on Jul 28, 2010, 2:19:26 PM PDT
11 Min song=Epic

Posted on Jul 29, 2010, 1:45:07 AM PDT
Michael says:
Whether it was suicide or something else, people cared about him, and they apparently still do care.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2010, 10:17:55 AM PDT
Calling him a sad middle aged man is an insult to older people who can appreciate good music. It's a wonderful album and as all the others, shows their great range of style and musical skill.

Posted on Aug 7, 2010, 2:01:21 AM PDT
MrSavoie2U says:
I wouldn't say it's "epic". To me it's much like their last cd with half of it being metal, the other half pity rock, and I just don't like the combination personally. They need to be one or the other. The metal songs are cool, Buried Alive is the best of the not so metal tracks. That said, with the death of their drummer I was hoping for a more inspired disc. 2.5 stars out of 5 for me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nightmare forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Nightmare
Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold (Audio CD - 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars (346)