Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on February 15, 2015
This book was recommended to me by a former student, now a professor of history. We had been commiserating about the lack of knowledge by American leaders and citizenry on the history of islamic and Christian conflict, and I had recommended "Cradle and Crucible" to him, while he recommended "Islamic Imperialism" to me. Both are wonderfully informative, each in its own way. I intend to share both books with others.
on April 22, 2013
I found this to be a superb book. As a Christian, it gave me a much better understanding of Islam, and I felt much more at peace with them after having read it. It portrays a religion that unfortunately is often hijacked for personal gain (power and/or money). What else is new in the history of the world!!!! With all religions, and governments for that matter, if we can just identify these nut cases and not get led astry by them the world will be a much better safer place.
on September 28, 2011
"Timely book with all the protests going on. Based on this book, the more that changes, the more that stays the same. What is going on right now appears to have been going on since the Roman times. While the Moghul Empire, the Ottomon Empire and all other States, there have always been local kings, caliphates and others with changing alliances. The heart of Islam has gone from Baghdad to Damascus to other locations fluidly. Easy read, a starter to give a good glimpse."
on January 4, 2015
Sadly, the knowledge of Islamic Imperialism by the current media and politicians is totally lacking. If it doesn't fit the pap being spoken by the politicians it didn't happen.

Efraim Karsh gives a detailed and focused history of this Imperialism. Ignoring it at our peril, the west is in for a much worse scenario than we've seen to this point.
on July 27, 2015
Can't fault this in any way. Perhaps the best I've found on the spread of Islam. Puts the lie to those who argue that Islam was never spread by the sword.
on June 9, 2014
A must read to gain a greater understanding of how the Arab and the Muslim minds work. Important for understanding what is happening in the Middle East between the various countries, and for gaining insight into the motivations of the various Islamic terrorist group. If the White House staff and State Department would read this book, they could avoid some embarrassing mistakes.
on June 3, 2011
I wish I could buy a copy for every member of Congress, the President and the Secretary of State--and get them to read it. Required reading for an understanding of this aspect of the challenges facing us. "Islamic Imperialism" is well written and well researched. It starts with the advent of Islamic conquests of other peoples and brings it forward to the struggles in our current day. It also reveals how many "Islamic" leaders used Islam as a handy rallying point and cover for their personal ambitions.

We must find an answer to the Islamist threat if we are to survive. Israel and Europe may be lost, and America is in the balance. (I'd bet the folks who gave this book one star are all Jihadist supporters.)

Robert A, Hall
Author of "The Coming Collapse of the American Republic."
on January 29, 2014
He tells it like it is. I would of preferred much less 'sensitivity' in sharing a scholarly view of all the material presented. (He probably was afraid of a Jihad against him!)
on August 28, 2015
Detailed history of Islamic conquests to present. Puts today's issues in context. Well done work by a scholar of Islam.
on October 6, 2012
Thank you for the book in question i.e.Islamic Imperialism.It is an excellent work by Professor Efraim Karsh.I refer the readers for the best reviews on computer,as Book Describtion,Editorial Review From Booklist,and Review under this book have given important reviews.Then by M.D.Roberts,and by Seth Frantzman,or by Fabian Boudville.
Good luck to readers.Ovaness Ovanessian.