Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Island of the Blue Dolphins
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on July 18, 2014
If you haven't read this, find it without the special introduction, which gave everything away and conflicted with Scott O'Dell's account of the historical facts. The intro ruined the story for me. Just because the book has been out for quite some time does not equate with lack of new readers; to reveal the details in the intro is just stupid!
on June 30, 2014
I read it to screen it for my fourth grader...it was so boring, I know why it is required, because otherwise she wouldn't read it!!! No conversations just an girls thoughts as she is isolated on an island...
Beautifully written but painstakingly boring to get through
on December 17, 2012
I had to read this for my online class and I found it an utterly depressing read. Although, I didn't like it personally...it was a well written.
on February 20, 2013
Warning spoilers! This book is just not that great. It is at some parts that are good but the rest is just not. Like in the beginning the main character's dad dies in a really dramatic way. But you can tell that there trying to make it so dramatic but it was like in the third or fourth chapter. But they barely had any character development with him so you don't really care. But then after the main girl gets stranded on an island it starts to get good. But then at a point it just droped. Then really all that happens was she was just getting food so she can survive and befriending animals. Some of it is interesting but some of it is not. There is this really generic time line. Like really it would be like another spring went by. No I am not kidding that is how it was. An entire season would go by in a sentience. So ya I highly don't recommend this book.
on October 7, 2013
I thought this would be an amazing book. I was wrong. this book doesn't hold you on to it. secondly it told the life of a girl who is alone on an Island, the problom is that there are not many major problems or adventures. The major problem is that she wants to go to her tribe, she does not work hard to solve this problem and at the very end it gets solved really easily. In closing I do not recomend this book
on January 14, 2016
To be clear this is not a review of the book itself but a review of the product I received. (I only post book reviews on goodreads.) I was under the impression that the product I was purchasing was in fact a new book. I was feeling a bit nostalgic as I remembered reading this book in fifth grade and wanted a nice copy on my shelf. While yes, the book is free of markings and water damage it was also received with a bent cover and pages. If I had known that this was the condition of the product I was receiving I would not have paid 6$ for it. While I can try to reshape the cover by weighing the book down it will always have cracks from where it was bent. It's pretty disappointing tbh.
review image review image
on November 9, 2014
What a beautiful story which my older kids have each read and enjoyed, but which they labeled as "so sad". I still think it is worth it, because they've learned so much by the end!
on January 26, 2014
this book is so confusing some parts are not but other than that the rest really I would like to show this book to my friend micheal because she loves books on survival
on January 13, 2013
This book was good,but it was really slow in some parts. I wish the author would have made the story a little faster at some points.
on April 11, 2015
I couldn't get into the story.