- Series: Gardening in America
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Applewood Books; REPRINT OF 1904 EDITION edition (November 19, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1429014296
- ISBN-13: 978-1429014298
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.3 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (35 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #585,600 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
An Island Garden (Gardening in America) Paperback – November 19, 2008
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Hassam's masterful renderings of the garden and island ... are as important to American Impressionism as Monet's poppy pictures or paintings of his garden at Giverny are to French Impressionism --Home and Garden Magazine --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
About the time the facsimile edition was first published, Celia Thaxter's garden was restored by volunteers according to the plans noted in this book. It is open to visitors through arrangements with Cornell University's marine laboratory on nearby Star Island, off the coast of Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?