Isle of Skye Board Game
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- For 2-5 Players
- 45 minute playing time
- Great strategy game
- High replay value
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Isle of Skye, one of the most beautiful places in the world: Soft sand beaches, gently sloping hills, impressive mountains: the landscape of Isle of Skye is breathtaking and fascinates everyone. In this tile-laying game 2 to 5 players are the chieftains of 5 famous clans. The players try to build their little kingdoms to score as many points as possible. But in each game only 4 of the 16 scoring cards will be scored. Each game is different and leads to different tactics and strategies. To have enough money is useful in all games: In each turn the players can buy a tile from another player. The seller determines the price, but to do it wisely is the most interesting part of this game: A high price will lead to wealth, if someone buys this tile, but if there's no buyer, the seller will lose the money spend on this tile. And in the end the player with the best kingdom will become the sovereign of the island, not the richest player! Isle of Skye is a gateway game for the whole family. With a playing time around 45 minutes, a huge variability and easy rules it's a perfect game for all players. The awesome illustrations by Klemens Franz brings all the atmosphere of the Scottish island on your table.
Compare to similar items
This item Isle of Skye Board Game
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||speedy buy llc||Amazon.com||Cosmic-King llc|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 10.8 x 2.7 in||9.5 x 11.62 x 3 in||12 x 12 x 3 in||9.37 x 11.65 x 3.12 in||12.25 x 8.75 x 2.75 in|
|Item Weight||2.6 lbs||2 lbs||2.56 lbs||3.5 lbs||1 lb|
Top customer reviews
We've learned that this game is great for two players (although we are excited to try it with more in the future). Every game feels quite different than the last, since you change the objectives that give your victory points each game. We really don't feel like we've played the same game twice yet.
Overall, the game is super easy to learn. We played a couple of rounds following the instructions step by step, and then were able to just move onto referencing the instructions as needed. After the second game, we only used the instructions to clarify what the objectives were.
Most of our games only take about 30 minutes, although that can vary depending on how long you take while making some of the decisions involved in the game.
We've been quite happy with this game and plan to play it lots more in the future.
1. Super easy to learn. We read the rules in about 20 minutes sitting in a bar, and we had it down pat.
2. The variable scoring makes for exciting game play, and also a ton of replay-ability. It ensures there is no one clear path to win every game, but instead keeps things fresh.
3. The bidding mechanic is a blast, and it provides really unique player interaction. Less "take that" more "buy this."
4. Great components. The artwork is adorable and the cardboard is high quality. I would expect no less from Mayfair.
5. Plays well at 2 players, but I am worried it will bog down at the full player count at 5. I am not sure, since I haven't tried it, but I think analysis paralysis could cause a larger game to overstay its welcome.
Over all a great game, was really pleased to add it to the collection!
This is a light, quick game suitable for beginning gamers or advanced gamers looking for a lighter game. Lots of fun!
Most recent customer reviews
Card drafting to hunt for treasure. Fight off goblins.
Aim of game is collect most treasure and gold.Read more