Top positive review
136 people found this helpful
A lot of fretting about a glove for nothing.....great product!
on December 1, 2014
Ok. So I went through a whole lot of trouble to research gloves online. The problem with doing this is that you can't try them on first. After looking around and reading reviews for about 2 weeks I finally settled on these. Bottom line is - I LOVE them so far. But I want to provide some more detail that will hopefully help if you're considering these.
1. Fit. These gloves really fit well. I'm 6', 173lbs, average build. Hands are pretty much average. I measured around my knuckles as they said to do and came up with about 8.5". Based on the chart, I got the medium and they fit very nicely. I wanted them to fit snugly and these do. If you like a little more room in your gloves consider going a size up. But in general, their sizing guide is just about right.
2. Fingers. I've read several reviews talking about the fingers of these gloves. Again - I have average sized hands and each of the fingers fits perfectly. There is no abnormally long little finger or anything like that. These fit just like every pair I've ever owned.
3. Warmth. I live in NC. Our winters usually run in the 20s-30s. I haven't had a day yet to wear these but I can tell you that these feel just as warm as my previous isotoners. They are NOT going to be a snow glove. These are general purpose, driving, casual wear gloves. If you're going to be outside for 2 hours, having a snowball fight, get something heavier. But these are perfect to wear to work, driving, sitting at a football game outdoors, cleaning off the car, etc.
4. Style. I was most worried about the style of these. But they are great. The palm has a textured surface with "grippy" stuff to help you hold a phone, but it's not obtrusive. It works well with the glove and doesn't come off looking sci-fi AT ALL. The wrists are slightly gathers with elastic for a very comfortable fit. The look is not quite as "formal looking" as my previous Isotoners that had the chevron look on the back of the glove, but they do look goo enough to wear to dinner on a cold night and to wear with business attire if needed.
5. Function. Ok, so right up front let me say I just wanted a good glove that was warm that I could wear to work in the winter - or to church, etc. I wasn't looking for something to constantly use for my electronic devices. But I have to say the finger tip works extremely well. My Galaxy S5 was very responsive even on some of the texting keyboard features (I use Swype). It was pretty accurate. Do I need it to be 100? No. If I need that I can take off my glove. But general page flipping, scrolling and most typing really does work very well. If this is a concern for you - don't let it be. I worried far too much over this. It really does work very well. I'm not sure about durability, but I don't plan to be rough on these gloves anyway.
6. Price. The price for these was very reasonable and in line with what I typically pay for this type of glove.
Overall I gave this 5 stars. It matches the description, function, fit and style exactly as laid out here. Read the other reviews too but if you are looking for a general glove for general function that looks stylish and fits like a second skin, definitely get these.