- File Size: 442 KB
- Print Length: 83 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1478332697
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Cinzia Medaglia (November 25, 2013)
- Publication Date: November 25, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: Italian
- ASIN: B00422LLUA
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#328,902 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #29 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Foreign Languages > Italian > Language, Linguistics & Writing
- #47 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Foreign Languages > Italian > Crime, Thriller & Mystery
- #89 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Language Instruction > Italian
|Print List Price:||$8.95|
Save $4.46 (50%)
Italian Easy Reader: Omicidio alla moda (Italian Edition) Kindle Edition
|Length: 83 pages||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled||Page Flip: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It was perfect for an intermediate level- a good mix of verbs and verb tenses, use of pronouns, etc. Handy cultural info included and enough vocabulary to let you learn a bit without making it tedious. The story is cute and keeps you interested (which also stops the urge to constantly grab a dictionary for words you don't know).
It's not long, but it's an excellent value for the price.
Only one complaint- towards the end in a pivotal scene for the plot I am quite certain the author used the wrong name a couple of times in a dialogue. I read over it a few times and it just couldn't make any sense unless the names were backwards. I understand that this comment might sound suspect, as I am the language learner here, but I wouldn't include it in my review if I wasn't certain.
Omicidio alla moda takes place in the fashion industry, and gives you the flavor of Milano. It's a good read. By the way, another Italian Easy Reader, Un amore per la tua cucina, has the same main character, Alessandro. I might even like it better than Omocidio.
Story is not deep, but it is a good page turner, so you can get engaged and forget that you are reading in Italian. There is some good vocabulary repetition as well. And it is definitely easier than some of the literary classics.
This is also the first book I am reading where I have installed an Italian-English dictionary as the default dictionary on the Kindle. It is awesome to be able to look up a word just by pointing at it.
I was looking for a way to practice reading out loud in Italian when I came across the Italian Easy Reader series. All in all, the story served its purpose. I got to work on my pronunciation, it kept a twelve year old Italian girl engaged as she helped me, and the other two Italian adults riding in the long car ride from Italy to France weren't bored by it.
There were some typo's along the way so just be aware of that and don't use this book at the ultimate example of all Italian writing. (By the way, when I caught an error, I double checked with the adults in the car - both of whom are highly educated - just to be sure).
Also, the ending felt rushed with one major loose end that left you feeling like the book was unfinished.
Still, this is an Easy Reader book, not a classical fiction / murder mystery. So I give it four stars it in its category as an educational tool and not on its story line merits.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book was very helpful for me to start Italian reading. It is really easy to read and still there is quite an interesting story behind it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Beh. La storia era predictabile e i personaggi un po' piani. Vorrei che fosse più complicato.Published 6 months ago by Cara
I am SO DISAPPONTED. This is not a book, but a short story for which I paid $8.95. Each sentence starts on a new line, and they are double spaced. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Ivana Rix
This was Italian for beginners. Not quite what I was looking for.Published 12 months ago by raluca georgescu
Not a classic, but enjoyable light reading, and the Italian seems to be a comfortable intermediate level. It's a great way to see how Italians really speak.Published 13 months ago by Italian reader
I liked the way the author continues to intrigue with who the killer is. I was hoping that the characters tiziana and Alessandro would end up in a relationship. Read morePublished 14 months ago by albert gallinati
I have been studying Italian for only a few month and I can read this book. It is simple and interesting. It is a good book for beginners.Published 15 months ago by Lotus
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime
- Books > Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Foreign Languages > Italian > Crime, Thriller & Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Foreign Languages > Italian > Language, Linguistics & Writing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Foreign Language Fiction > Italian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Language Instruction > Italian