Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on October 15, 2016
This was useful in our travels throughout Italy. We would look up phrases before we went out. I feel that it is most useful to people who already have a basic understanding of the language. Its mostly organized by scenario which was helpful when we were headed out to go shopping or to a restaurant. We could turn to that section and refresh our memories--and practice our word knowledge.
on October 20, 2014
Would have loved it, had I received in time to take it along on our trip to Sicily. Unfortunately it arrived after we had left home .. so will have to use it on our next trip to really appreciate it . Good to practice with it, in the meantime.
on August 21, 2000
Having this book in Italy really improved my experience and my Italian. It is great from the English to Italian standpoint, but for translating Italian back to English, you still really need an Italian-English/English-Italian dictionary along with you. The nice thing about this book is its small size. It fits nicely into your pocket and you can leave your dictionary in a backpack for less frequent uses. The best tip I can give is this: when you're interacting with locals, just try and muddle through, ignoring the phrases you don't remember. Then, afterwards, go back and find the phrase you needed. It'll be more likely to stick with you then.
on June 18, 2011
I'm surprised that other people don't like this book - I LOVE IT! It's small and fantastic for quick references, culture tips, needed phrases, and most of all, knowing what the countries food is all about :) It's not good for becoming fluent in the language - you'll probably want a text book, audio CDs, and computer programs for that. THIS book is small enough to travel with and provide you with pronunciation guidelines and what to say to someone in a pinch. Plus, it's $9.00 - you can't go wrong!
on November 12, 2011
Thank you very much for my Italian Phrase book and dictionary I love it and carry it everywhere I go to practice my Italian.My dream is to live in Tuscany Italy and this book is really helping me learn the language. it is easy to read and understand, i just love it.Thank you Amazon for the prompt and efficient service all the way to Australia for me.The book arrived in perfect condition and your price for the book was very cheap.Regards Margaret
on May 21, 2010
I bought one of these books with the CD and another book for my husband. It is perfect for our trip to Italy. I bought two other sets of Italian phrase books with CD, before this and found them impractical. They covered much more Italian than I would ever need or be able to learn.

This book has everything a traveler needs laid out in chapters: At the Airport, At the Restaurant; At the Hotel; Greetings, etc. It's too bad it took me three tries to find it.
on October 26, 2013
this book will help you to speak the language. It is best if you have already learned a little Italian from an audio system like the Pimsleur approach. That way you don't sound like an american speaking Italian
on April 18, 2015
The booklet is small enough to fit into my purse and is well-arranged for quickly finding the phrase I need.
on July 15, 2014
This is an awesome phrase book that I recommend to all my student that come to Italy with me.
on January 20, 2014
This is a really great little book, easy to carry around and logically organized...very helpful for the short term traveler!