Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on April 2, 2016
A great fun book about Italian hand gestures explained in English and Italian... If you aren't Italian enjoy this book and you too will be like two Italians "talking" to each other from opposite sides of a busy city street, really. This book really does explain hand gesturing such as we Italians use. I recommend this book with a smile!!! ~~Gian John Turturici Banchero
on March 12, 2017
The pictures are too small to be able to see what the gestures are. The content is good, but it is really a shame that the pictures aren't bigger. Update: I wanted to add the I bought the Kindle version and found the pictures to be too small on any device, because the pictures are scalable like the text. The pictures might be easier to see in the print version.
on June 14, 2014
I bought this as a companion gift to Speak Italian: The Fine Art of the Gesture, although everyone needs to realize there are some regional difference in Italy on the use of hand gestures just as is true with regional differences in food preferences. References like these are for people who intend to travel to Italy or those with an interest in Italian culture. Italians are one of the ethnic groups that use hand gestures as practically its own language, and I had seen some of the gestures actually used before buying the book for my wife who is studying Italian.
on June 27, 2017
I bought this book many years ago and somewhere along the way it got lost. I recently purchased a new one. I've used it in my Happiness in the Workplace series I teach as part of the Communication cohort! It's hilarious, so true and very informative. We don't just speak with words :)
on August 21, 2016
I didn't expect much from this book, but I laughed my butt off as I went through it. I am Italian (first generation) and I've seen every one of these gestures from my family and their friends. You really can speak Italian without words!
on May 18, 2016
Growing up in an Italian family, this makes me laugh every time I pick it up!
on June 12, 2017
This book is a scream. I had to have it. I carry it around with me. If you would like some laughs, get this book.
on March 3, 2017
Nothing like body language to get a point across ! ! ! This book says it all...or should I say expresses it all.
on July 18, 2017
fun product
on December 3, 2016
This book was fun to show my family on our trip. Made my grandma laugh and make up her own signals. Wish it would have had a little more, but got use out of it nonetheless.