Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: It's About You: Regaining Youthfulness and a Spirit of Adventure
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

86%
14%
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 26, 2009
I have been looking for a book with useful information on how to redirect my life in the direction I want it to go. This book did it!! I have read many books in this genre (self-help, personal growth). Finally, an author who speaks to the individual in a down to earth way. This book provided me with practical info that can be easily implemented in ones life. I enjoyed the life stories of the author as well as the analogies. It gave me incentive and inspiration. I would highly recommend it. A good read!!
on May 8, 2009
Its about you , If you are a boomer or even close this book will hit you right between the eyes. Funny , insightful and obviously written for ME. Now I just need to put these ideas in motion. Thank You !
on May 11, 2009
The author of this book has obviously embarked on a life changing journey. He uses great events/stories from his childhood intertwined with reflections, insights and advice for life's present journey. The illustrations are a wonderful addition to the book's overall appeal. E.S. Smith provides heartfelt advice, ideas and planning tools for each person to use as they examine the life they lead with an eye to making it the life they want.
on April 28, 2009
I got a lot out of this little book, especially Chapter 9 on steps to reduce fear. Great guide for the graduate or retiree, and relevant to the times in which we live. (The drawings were wonderful too ;)
on July 23, 2009
Before I read It's About You, I was feeling overwhelmed by my life -- compulsively accumulating things, swept up in the ever-changing tide of trends, and adding more and more to my To-do and Wish lists. But no matter what I purchased or accomplished, nothing was "good enough" or satisfying. I felt drained and unfulfilled. Sometimes it's very hard to scrutinize one's own life, but I felt completely understood and supported in the process as Mr. Smith shared -- often humorously -- personal antedotes of his journey out of the same mess I was in. It has already made a profound difference in my life. If you want to simplify and unburden your life, It's About You has simple exercises to help you through the process. I'm very glad I took the time to read and apply its wisdom.
on May 12, 2009
The author's shared childhood memories struck a charming chord with me as did the illustrations. Loved the subtle and nuanced expressions on the sheep's face. My favorite moments in the book are when the author let's us see his quick wit, with a hint of sarcasm that keeps the book from being your average self-help book.
on July 27, 2010
I was looking forward to reading this book after reading the first page on Amazon. I was not disappointed once I started reading the book. The author's honest message and "close to home" life experiences really made me think about my own life. The book is defintely a "must" for those people who are thinking about life priorities.