Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Today only: Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on January 28, 2014
I saw Tabitha on Fashion Police hawking this book, and I love a glamorous "guilty pleasure" read - especially an ugly duckling story - so I thought this was up my alley. I was not expecting literature. Tabitha has led a fascinating and inspirational life, but her ability to convey that in words is limited, to say the least. Almost a self-help book instead of a bio - she says over and over (and OVER) how the secret of her success is to unapologetically be "a bitch" which she attempts to re-define in a empowered light. I can't recommend this, even to fans, unless you like reading fairly patronizing "advice" slightly re-worded and regurgitated ad nauseam.
on August 6, 2017
The prose is certainly not a masterpiece, but it was pleasant and interesting for something I wouldn't have gone for except as a guilty pleasure.

Just as a word of warning there is some language applied to a marginalized group that, while it probably the way the folks depicted self identified to the author at the time, is definitely a slur now.
on March 4, 2011
I love Tabatha Coffey. Her show, including reruns are a staple on my DVR. She is one of the few people on TV, I really care about.
Of course I bought her book to read, and what is in it, is fascinating, and highly entertaining. The advice is great too! I love how she has taken ownership if the word BITCH. She is in every respect a fine example of how to be Brave, Intelligent, Tenacious, Creative and Honest. Her stories allow a small glimpse into what has made her who she is today.

The book is not not stellar though, and while I would still buy it again, after I read it, I was slightly disappointed.

The book is not meaty enough, and it certainly is not a "deeply personal" or terribly revealing in any way. I read it in 4 hours, and I am not a fast reader by any means.

While Tabatha does talk about some personal times in her life, I was left wanting quite a bit more. As memoirs go, this one leaves something to be desired. I don't expect her to reveal every personal detail about her live since she was born, but some of the more important points of her life are barely mentioned and glossed over, particularly that she's gay and has a partner of 10 years, which is QUITE LITERALLY all she says about the subject: "I have a partner of 10 years." and that's that. We are told nothing more of her relationship with this partner and it is not discussed further. Again, I don't expect all the sordid details, but I am curious to know how they met, how she knew that her partner was "the one" and what about her partner changed her mind about settling down.

Exaggerating this problem is the fact that all of the bullet points of her life that are discussed in the book, are discussed in every review or promotional interview I've read about the book online, so I was not surprised about any of them. I had hoped that what I was reading was just a snapshot of what was in the book, but it turned out to be just about everything.

The writing is not perfect, but that happens in self-written memoirs, and is excusable.

Overall, Tabatha's book is interesting and useful, and worth the price, but not blockbuster memoir material. And I'm not sure that's not what she planned all along.
77 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 29, 2012
First I really want to say thank you to whoever I purchased the book from. It arrived promptly, was a first addition and autographed. Above all it arrived on time and I was thrilled.
The book is great,, at least to me. I knew nothing of Tabatha until I had minor surgery and caught a marathon of "Tabatha's Salon Takeover" on the Bravo channel. What a smart woman. On her show she's tough because she is smart, and smart because she is smart. She has this incredible understanding and no nonsense approach that (to me at least) just brings it home.
She nails what I am feeling during an episode every time. I adore her.
Her book is fine. I wanted to devour it more but it offered little. Yet I am still a huge fan. But I think ultimately she sets the right tone. She's still my favorite woman on tv; she's still tough and she is crazy smart. I mean what this book lacks in insight to fans like me makes up for in a very pratical approach to life in general: Don't be good enough at what you know. Be great. Just be great. It's an easy book with great rewards. Thank you very much JM
on February 9, 2014
I love Tabatha and her show, I bought the book thinking that she was going to discuss topics that were related to her business, the book was more about her life experience. Very easy to read, I still love Tabatha, her book not so much
on January 1, 2017
This was inspiring and I truly loved her take on things. I will bring this into my career field with me on a daily basis most definitely. It even helped me chill out on being a single mom and not having my daughter raised in the most conventional matter. It will all be ok, just keep doing you. Love you her!
on January 11, 2018
After reading some other reviews my expectations were not very high so I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The “self help” chapters spoke right to my heart and struck a lot of chords. Aside from that, Tabatha is an entertaining, funny and honest author who has penned interesting and inspiring read.
on January 11, 2016
LOVE Tabatha, LOVE this book. Its full of all the snarky, marky commentary we've come to know and love her for! I don't read books often, but this book sucked me in and was a real page turner
on June 15, 2014
As a salon owner, I agree with TABATHA 200% . Hairdressers have asked me if I could handle having her visiting my salon.
True , she is brutally honest but she is ... always right!
As a woman, her book is a page turner. I admire that she is a woman who took control of her life experiences and used them to her advantage.
So, if she came to my salon, yes, I would be scared shitless ! But I know that it also would be an opportunity of a life time.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I really like Tabatha Coffey's show (Tabatha's Salon Takeover) and her values and work ethic. Her book was amusing, informative, interesting, sad, surprising and NEVER BORING! I learned a lot...which is something I really like. I would highly recommend this book.