Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 13, 2012
I am a licensed social worker that works with children. I really like how the message in this book about money is linked with self esteem. I will certainly use this app in my work with the children I help.
|0Comment|Report abuse
on January 18, 2012
I received a press release on this new app available and was initially hesitant to request for a review copy as I was afraid that Ben might be too young for this app. Of course, I do believe teaching should start when children are young and so after thinking through again, I decided to request for this app hoping that there will be no issue for me in reviewing it despite the age constraints. To my surprise, Cathy from Oceanhouse Media replied with the promo code to download the app for free saying "It's never too early to begin teaching kids about the meaning of money :-)". Yes!

Ben was engrossed and captivated with the illustrations shown. He pointed out things he's familiar with, like family spending time together and the need to work regardless whether the job is fun or tiring and so on.

What's good?
* We can closely relate to the illustrations shown as it is more real-life (as in not cartoonish looking which might not be able to send a strong message to the young ones).
* I love the app! Even as an adult, I learned from reading this book too!
* My 28 month-old toddler is learning and applying what he learned from this book!

To be honest, after going through this book, I realized why Ben is telling us this sentences nowadays "Ben-ben buy", "Ben-ben pay money" and "Another one" (as in don't buy this on impulse, just wait for another better one!).

Yes, my 28 month-old toddler says all these sentences lately! All thanks to this book! I'm happy he doesn't go around saying 'Daddy buy for me' or 'Daddy pays for me' or 'Daddy buy now!' and so on and the fact that he knows he's responsible and has to decide if he wants something and not just rely on other people to provide for him.

What's not so good?
* Nothing that I can think of!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse