- File Size: 763 KB
- Print Length: 216 pages
- Publisher: HQ Digital (September 30, 2016)
- Publication Date: September 30, 2016
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01J0W743E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #239,031 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Price set by seller.
It's Not You, It's Them Kindle Edition
"The Defenders" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the TV series. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
*I voluntarily reviewed this book for LRR Promotions
A one night introduction turns into a an extended stay in family drama hell due to a unexpected blizzard. Maybe if Mark had told his parents that he was bringing his new fiancee, if his Mum had not invited his ex for the holidays, if Roxie had packed for more then one day , if she... if he... if they.... the list goes on and on to make this a very funny heart felt story that most people can relate to. The book reminded me of National Lampoons' Christmas Vacation.
If you want to believe in that perfect family gathering but know there is really no such thing as a Norman Rockwell Christmas then you should really enjoy this book.
I voluntarily reviewed this book provided to me by the publisher and NetGalley.
Not until Mark Wright enters the picture.
He’s everything she ever imagined her perfect soul mate to be. Sweet, respectful. Intelligent. Thoughtful. And all wrapped up within a rockin’ bod that any woman would drool over. When he proposes, she feels as though she’s won the lottery of life, enough to give in a little with her independent ways, allowing herself to feel a oneness with Mark, completeness. Everything is perfect. But there’s just one stumbling block on the road to wedded bliss. His family.
Portia MacIntosh knows just how to create the sort of tension and friction in a room that makes you cringe inwardly, while outwardly you want to witness more of the drama! Roxie enters the Wright home on the wrong foot, and feels as though she can’t do anything right. It doesn’t help that Mark’s mother has no qualms in being honest on her true feelings on the upcoming nuptials, and how wrong she feels Roxie is for her darling boy. Even going so far as to invite Mark’s first love to dinner! How incredibly uncomfortable and awkward is that!
I’m reminded of something I was told once, by a pastor who had seen his fair share of weddings and family drama. He said, “Once you marry, this person becomes your family, the person you lean on and depend on, the one you cleave to. The family you grew up with, will become your extended family.” I could see a lot of those boundaries being drawn in the sinking quicksand while reading It’s Not You, It’s Them. Having been in a situation of my own where I’ve had to deal with a woman who obviously hadn't cut the cord with her adult son, I could totally relate to how Roxie felt. I got to reminisce on my own fumbles, too, while Roxie tries desperately to hold onto Mark and not lose the love that they have for one another, and maintain who she is as a person. For so many of us who have been in those shoes, it’s a fun heartfelt story we can all identify with.
Most recent customer reviews
I always reach for a Portia MacIntosh book, when I0m in the mood for something fun and exciting,...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > British & Irish > Humor & Satire
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Domestic Life
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Holidays
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Holidays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Romantic Comedy