Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Itsy Mitsy Runs Away
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

100%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 4, 2011
Brilliant debut in children's books from celebrated animator Elanna Allen, will have you and your child giggling joyously as you share the charming story and enjoy the stunning illustrations of a plot to which every kid can relate! Bravissima, Elanna!
on January 7, 2016
I checked this book out from the library last summer for my granddaughters and they absolutely fell in love with it. The cadence of the story is captivating and the characters absolutely charming. Both of the girls asked to receive a copy of the book for a gift. They did :) One of the most endearing children's books I've run across in some time.
on August 28, 2013
I nanny and had stumbled on this book at the library and my kids THREW A FIT when I took it back. I ended up having to go back and get the book from the library while I was waiting for the book to get shipped to me. It is a permanent on the kids bed now lol. All my friends and family love it to!
on May 5, 2011
My son can't get enough of this book. He loves its colors, loves the story, and loves Itsy's little dinosaur outfit (how do I get one of those?). It's a story all small kids can relate to, has a great cadence, and is just really nicely written and illustrated. We can't wait for more from Ms. Allen!
on May 4, 2011
I had anxiously been awaiting Ms. Allen's foray into the book world. I had heard of her work as an animator for years in New York and London.

It was worth the wait. Beautifully illustrated and insightful, Ms. Allen did not disappoint. It should be an instant classic.
on May 24, 2011
Elanna Allen takes a very common childhood occurrence and retells it in such a fresh and entertaining way! Most of us, at one time during our early childhood, made the decision to run away from home. It was usually because we thought that all those chores were unfair, or we didn't like eating lima beans, or we insisted that bedtime was too early. We look back on it now and laugh at our naive outlook on life, but at the time we took the whole thing quite seriously. It's one of those signs that a child is beginning to discover and assert his or her independence. Itsy Mitsy Runs Away approaches this very important subject in a way that both kids and adults can relate. Like any great children's book, children are drawn to (and learn from) the story while parents enjoy a nostalgic chuckle. It's an added bonus that the artwork is absolutely gorgeous!
on May 27, 2011
I purchased 'Itsy Mitsy Runs' away for my 5.5 year old son but I must admit that I enjoy the book just as much as he does! Mitsy is feisty and precocious and she won't take no for an answer. Mitsy's dad clearly knows her all too well and his witty responses to her are perfect! Ms. Allen is as talented an illustrator as she is a writer and her illustrations are a wonderful complement to the story. Don't miss Itsy Mitsy--tons of fun for kids and adults alike!
on June 5, 2011
This is a fantastically written, illustrated and laid out book that will delight parents and children alike.

Little Mitsy so despises bedtime, she will do anything to avoid it - even run away. But, as her dad points out, running away is no easy task. SPOILER ALERT: By the time Pitsy packs the ever-escalating series of things she'll need ("So she packed her dad / to mow the lawn / around the house / that held the lamp / that lit the pup / who barked at the beasts"... etc. ), Mitsy is so thoroughly exhausted that she falls asleep.
on July 12, 2011
The illustrations on this new book caught my eye from the bookshelf, and thumbing through the book my toddler and I checked Itsy Mitsy out from our local library before a long family trip. A month later, and we have reluctantly returned Itsy Mitsy to the library after she traveled with us through numerous car rides. Itsy Mitsy reminds me a bit of Olivia, but is a little simpler both in language and style.
on May 16, 2011
Itsy Mitsy is a beatifully illustrated book and makes for a cute bedtime story! As all parents know, bedtime is a special time but also could be a challenging time. Reading a bedtime story is cherished ritual for both my 18 month old son and for me and is a nice "wind-down" to the day . He loved Itsy Mitsy and how she tries to run away from bedtime, especially all the pictures and the little dinosaur! Great book to add to the bedtime library!