Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on July 5, 2014
Not something I thought of when I purchased the scanner but it's obvious now that every photo that you scan with this scanner will have to be cropped. This is by no means a fault of the scanner. Another concern I had after receiving the scanner, the system requirements do not include Windows 8 in the description. However, I was able to install the software on my Windows 8.1 laptop with no problem.

Set up of the scanner was challenging due to the very small and hard to see user's manual. Additionally, it is not very well laid out and is somewhat confusing. Nowhere in the manual does it even tell you how to turn the scanner off. Since it does tell you to press the scan button for 2 seconds to turn the scanner on, you just have to guess that holding the scan button will turn it off.

Some things on the scanner itself could be better. The selection of the resolution and color is almost impossible for me see even with a magnifying glass. The format and time set buttons are small and require something like a pen to push in the hole for setting.

I haven't used the scanner that much as of this writing but the test scans I've done are of good quality. One last thing, even though the scanner comes with three AAA batteries, you should plan to have some on hand. After using the ones provided to set up the clock the batteries were dead and I had to go to store to purchase more.
on June 21, 2014
I am in the process of scanning in old photographs for my family tree. The scanner, at 900 dpi, gives very good scans. Perhaps the only drawback is that with small photos, they need to be pulled into a photoshop type program and cropped to the correct size. The card (not included, buy separately) holds the photos when it is being used with the batteries. If used with a computer or pad, a connection with a USB cord feeds it directly into the computer or pad. I could not get the scanning software (on enclosed CD) to work .... I believe there is supposed to be some editing software there. And the tiny brochure that came with the scanner is very hard to read and understand. To set the clock, you have to take off the top of the scanner. And that is also where the card fits. The top was so hard to get off, I had a terrible time with that.

All in all, it works great and I would recommend it, if you can put up with the slight inconveniences of the things I experienced.
on August 25, 2013
I had hoped this would be a better alternative than lugging a flatbed scanner to libraries and archives for my research, but I have found that 1) the scan quality is much lower resolution than claimed, far less than 900 dpi (verified with resolution test charts and by comparing to test images with known pixel densities), 2) achieving a high quality scan is very difficult because the scanned material is grabbed by the device's rollers and shifts during scanning and 3) while flat-bed scanners are allowed in some archives (e.g. the National Archives) portable wand devices are not allowed due to the risk of damaging the source material. After trying to use this for a while, I concluded that it cannot do anything that my camera cannot and the camera is faster and has higher resolution. I suspect that this review would apply as much to any scanning wand. As for the construction of this device, it was marginally acceptable. I found the battery compartment to be very difficult to open- it would be better if it had a detent or feature that allowed you to grab the cover and slide it off. I thought the user instructions were marginal and poorly translated.
on February 26, 2015
nice price, almost half off. It would not work on my Apple computer, (it did not recognize the cd), or my HP. so I will never know about all of the good stuff that other buyers experienced. I guess that I missed this little information in the glowing description. (I know, I should have read the box before opening it.). It's been 2 months of trying-I think that I will give up now.
on April 17, 2014
I wasn't planning to love this scanner. The only reason I bought it was because I have to turn in travel receipts for reimbursement to my company accounting department, and I needed back up copies of receipts in case the originals are ever lost in the mail. I thought scanner would do the job, and then in the event I ever needed those receipts, I could connect the scanner to my computer. Well imagine my surprise when not only did it work, but it worked well. Scanned documents are much more readable than I could have believed possible. At the end of the year, I'll pop out the mini-SD card to give to stick in my tax file in case of audit, and hopefully, never need to even access the files on it, but if I do, at least I know they will be legible.

And now I want another one to reduce the paper clutter around my house. One for business and one for home use!
on May 26, 2015
The device is an okay (slow) scanner, although the coverage (scan) area is slightly smaller than the indicators. Scanning a flat page is okay, but not pages while bound in a book. Additionally, I was very disappointed about two (2) things I discovered; (a) there is now way to download the software referred to for WINDOWS 7; and (b) if you install the micro SD card and batteries, the scanner will no longer be detected when connected to PC via USB. The only way I could get it to work, was to remove the SD card and batteries. I tried it 3 times! maybe mine is defective?
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2015
This has been one of my best purchases. I love being able to scan all my pictures and full pages of my crossword puzzles to share. Choices for PDF or JPG, color & B&W are awesome, and it's easy to use. Plug in & start scanning, I never read the instructions or used the CD that came with and it's been very simple to use.
on August 27, 2013
I love this scanner! It comes with enough options to vary your scanning experience using different resolutions and color or black-and-white. So far I have not encountered any problems with it as mentioned by other reviewers, but I've only had it for a couple of weeks. Pleased so far with its functionality. I only wish there had been a choice of color (instead of just black).
on January 3, 2015
A major disappointment. The instructions that came with the unit were fair. They were difficult to follow and the unit did not work as advertised. If you absolutely have no other choice for a mobile scanner this unit is for you. For the money it comes up short.
on April 11, 2015
This works nicely. I do have a small problem not slurring the scan but that is probably because I'm scanning on a tablecloth. My scanner for my computer doesn't always work so it's nice to have a portablr one. I definitely recommend it.