Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$4.49+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 1,547 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,142 reviews
on June 8, 2014
I have never reviewed a book before and it takes a lot for me to criticise something, but I feel it's my duty to warn people not to spend money on this. I've read hundreds of books and I can honestly say this is the worst I've ever read. Based on all the five star reviews I kept thinking the weak plot and undeveloped characters were some kind of warm up and an incredible twist was coming....but instead things just got worse and worse. Every chapter felt like "Murder Mysteries for Dummies" with a helpful summary at the end to remind you who was under suspicion and why, and if the summary wasn't enough, the characters also engaged in stilted dialogue with each other (or sometimes even themselves) to refresh your memory again about who may have dunnit, just in case you forgot. That combined with the gaping plot holes (why would someone who was smothered with a pillow have strangulation bruises on their neck??), predictable love story and ridiculous "reveal" of the killer made this a miss from start to finish.

I feel horrible writing this but I wish I'd read a review like this before I bought it, so hopefully I can at least do one person a favour. I'm not sure what all the five-star reviewers are on - perhaps I've been spoilt reading amazing thrillers by the likes of Jo Nesbo lately, so this just felt like a children's book by comparison. Spend your hard earned cash on something else.
on March 23, 2017
I am a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark---can say I have never disliked any of her books---this one is no different! Lots of twists and turns and I find myself being excited to turn to the next page to see what happens next! I highly recommend this book.

*** My opinions are my own and we're not influenced by the seller in anyway. As most people, I make sure to look through reviews of an item before making a purchase online. Therefore, I do try to review each item as honestly as possible. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post in the comment section and I will be sure to answer whatever I can. Please rate my review as helpful if it helped you in any way. Its greatly appreciated because it helps me to! Thank you.
on November 30, 2016
I found the idea very clever, Under Suspicion. I love shows like 48 Hours, Dateline... so I loved the whole premise of showcasing a 20 year old cold case and bringing all the suspects together, under one roof, where secrets and motives come to light. Little by little the story is told, and the case is made, pointing to each participant as the guilty party.

I have purchased the whole series and I have thoroughly enjoyed the first three books. I will be starting the new 4th book tonight. I am confident I will not be disappointed.
on December 22, 2015
I've been a long time fan of Clark but no more. This book is too full of discrepancies. Stents in the arteries "going to my heart"? Stents are placed in the coronary arteries filled by blood leaving the heart. She pluralized "fibrillation" several times. Leo hospitalized for atrial fib? Not done in this age of drugs and pacemakers. Doesn't she have a medical adviser? How did Bruno record Leo's phone call made from a cab? There were many other ridiculous statements all through the book. Then we have all the impossible coincidences where everyone just happens to be in a place where he needed to be to make the story work. Why was Bruno in the boathouse? Her previous book, "Daddy's gone a hunting" was equally ridiculous. At 86, she needs to retire.
on June 3, 2014
I started reading Mary Higgins Clark's books many years ago. I have never been disappointed! The first one I read I COULD not put it down. I started reading it in the evening, stayed up all night and finished about sunup. I always find myself reading faster and faster as I get to the end. When I was working I always made sure I saved her books for vacation time when I didn't have to get up early. I've Got You Under My Skin was just like all the others! WOW! I was speed reading in the last several chapters. I love Ms. Clark's books.
on April 12, 2014
As usual another great read from Mary Higgins Clark. I never tire of reading her books. Her books move so fast making me read faster so I have to go back and re-read parts of it. I don't like to write a synopsis of any book since you can read it in the description but I will say that you will not be sorry buying this book.
on August 2, 2016
The book was drawn out to me with many characters without much suspense. Seems like everything
happened only in the last chapter. It was not one of her best books in my opinion.
on May 3, 2014
I've been a MHC fan since I first discovered her novels over 20 years ago. While I do prefer the early novels, this one was better than many of her recent ones.

It's a fairly 'light' mystery read (past the initial murder), and is a little predictable.
on June 24, 2014
I have read many of her books and this one was totally unsatisfying... the characters were not developed, the plot line was all over the place and characters were introduced out of no where... Sorry Ms. Clark.... will not buy any more of your books.
on April 17, 2017
Really didn't know who did it until the end. All were suspects. Glad for the ending of the 2nd story.