Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$3.97+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 1,552 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,148 reviews
on March 23, 2017
I am a huge fan of Mary Higgins Clark---can say I have never disliked any of her books---this one is no different! Lots of twists and turns and I find myself being excited to turn to the next page to see what happens next! I highly recommend this book.

*** My opinions are my own and we're not influenced by the seller in anyway. As most people, I make sure to look through reviews of an item before making a purchase online. Therefore, I do try to review each item as honestly as possible. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post in the comment section and I will be sure to answer whatever I can. [...] Its greatly appreciated because it helps me to! Thank you.
on November 16, 2016
For me, this book was very slow and predictable. I didn't like all the fluff she put in there. I don't need two pages to describe walking into a closet (that's an example). At about 50% into the book it started picking up and I had hope that there would be some suspense and surprises, but I was disappointed. I guessed who the first killer was immediately - so when it turned out I was right, I was disappointed. The other killer's story didn't even make sense. It was a major let down. The entire book was a disappointment and I'm sad I paid $10 for it.
on December 30, 2016
I officially give up on MHC. I thought I gave up on her a few years ago, but because I loved her early stuff, I hoped this new book would be a pleasant surprise. NOT.

She has lost her way! The repetition has no end. I believe she is guilty of that, because even she knows there's far too many characters and way too hard to keep track of them. So in every single chapter, she is reminding us of who's who, by constantly describing their profiles....over and over and over. I was about to jump out of my skin.

She has thrown everything you can think of into this overlong mish-mash and the only good I could find in paying for it, is to save you, dear reader the loss of $6.99.

I hope I've saved you the expense, time wise and money wise.

I'll not give Mary Higgins Clark any more chances.

Sincerely,
C.N. Harwood
on June 28, 2016
As an avid mystery/suspense reader, Mary Higgins Clark has been on my list of must-read authors, but this was the first book of hers I've read…probably the last one, too.

The book starts off with a bang and promises an intriguing plot, but in my opinion it fails to deliver. As a recent widow working on a new cable series about true crime, Laurie gathers 4 old college friends together to be interviewed about an unsolved crime they were all witnesses/suspects to 20 years ago.

The author spends quite a bit of time developing their characters and possible motives, then rehashes them ad nauseum. The reasons why each "suspect" may have to murder the victim is repeated literally dozens of times. It's as if the author assumes the reader won't be able to remember each characters traits, past and possible motive. This book could have been trimmed whole chapters worth of writing and nothing would be lost but these repetitions.

This was a quick read that didn't involve any real thought. It was fluff and easy, with no real climax or twists. I also found annoying the way the writing seemed to jump from 3rd person to 1st and back again. A lot of the writing was inner questions a character thought or asked of themselves, but even though the book is written in 3rd person, the writing reverts too often to 1st in these inner dialogues, it got tiresome.
on February 21, 2015
This book started out pretty good. It had a thrilling opener and seemed to have a good potential for a great story. However, once the production of the TV show started everything just sort of got very dull. I didn't connect with any of the characters and the four graduates who returned for the show to tell the world they were innocent of socialite, Betsy Powell's, murder all became very repetitive in their "stories" and that's all the reader read about for about 100 pages was not only their alibis but also potential motives. Speaking of repetitive, the back story on the producer, Laurie Moran, was completely overdone! Her father, an ex-cop and Laurie were absolutely obsessed! And that got irritating. I wanted to scream "Ok! We get you are scared and overprotective of your son but come on!" This isn't a spoiler but in the opening scenes of the book, Laurie's husband was shot at the park while he was with his son, Timmy. Timmy clearly remembers the man's eye color ( blue ) and constantly says throughout the book that "Blue-Eyes shot my Daddy!" He also remembers the threat the killer yelled as he left the scene.....Next time it's your mom then you Timmy!

So basically there were 2 stories going on. One being the production of the show Under Suspicion in which cold murder cases are investigated and re-created in order to maybe shake someone's memory and find a killer. Then two Laurie and her father, Leo, on constant watch for Blue-Eyes to return and carry out his threat. Again this could have gone to great places but it was just too repetitive and dull. The plot line around Blue-Eyes was completely unbelievable and actually became distracting to the story. It's too bad that Clark just seemed to get lazy. This is supposed to be the beginning of a series for her. Since I already own the next book, I will read it. I just have high hopes that the next is better! 3 stars!
on November 30, 2016
I found the idea very clever, Under Suspicion. I love shows like 48 Hours, Dateline... so I loved the whole premise of showcasing a 20 year old cold case and bringing all the suspects together, under one roof, where secrets and motives come to light. Little by little the story is told, and the case is made, pointing to each participant as the guilty party.

I have purchased the whole series and I have thoroughly enjoyed the first three books. I will be starting the new 4th book tonight. I am confident I will not be disappointed.
on May 4, 2015
This book begins with the murder of Dr. Greg Moran who has just put his son Timmy on a swing. The murderer tells the boy to tell his mother that she will be his next victim followed by Timmy. Timmy calls the murderer Blue Eyes. It sounded like an exciting book.

Then the book jumps forward to when Timmy is eight years old and about to leave for summer camp. His grandfather, a retired police officer, has been watching over the boy when his mother Laurie is working and is not comfortable with Timmy going away to camp.

Laurie convinces her boss to let her film a reality show about unsolved murders, which seems rather a foolish move that could draw Blue Eyes' attention to her and Timmy. The first episode deals with the unsolved murder of a socialite who was found suffocated in her bed after a graduation party for her daughter and three friends 20 years ago.

Thus, the book involves two unsolved murders. I didn't care for the structure. Also, I thought there were too many coincidences. In addition, I stumbled over the mixture of the story being told in both 1st and 3rd person voices.

The book was not horrible and I did finish it, as I wanted to know who murdered the socialite. However, it is not memorable.
on May 18, 2017
This book was so suspenseful Mary Higgins Clark is definitely the queen of suspense just as James Patterson is the king of suspense . I could not stop reading the book and I love the short chapters and highly recommend this book I'm now going to read the next under suspicion novel book 2 ! I did not guess Whodunnit I hope you do
on April 10, 2016
I have read almost all of Mary Higgins Clark's books. Most were enjoyable, suspenseful, eventful, and over the years, I always looked forward to her next book. This one, however, left me bored and not caring how it ended. It was repetitive to the point I could guess what any given character was thinking, long before it was written on the page. They were all thinking the same thing. There was no anticipation, or excitement in reading it. I have a Kindle, and I found myself constantly looking to the bottom of the page to see how many minutes were left in the book. Because it was Mary Higgins Clark, I wanted to finish it, hoping it would get better. It didn't. At times, I felt a less accomplished author must have written it. When the reader doesn't care about the plot or the characters and what happens to them, it's just not a good read. I couldn't wait to finish this book, not because I was anticipating what would happen, but because I was just so completely bored and wanted to get it over with.
on December 31, 2014
I’VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN, a novel by Mary Higgins Clark. Twenty years ago, Betsy Bonner Powell, wife of Wall Street financier, Robert Nicholas Powell, was murdered following a graduation gala at the Powell mansion for Betsy’s daughter Clair and her three closest friends and fellow graduates. Clair, her three friends and to a lesser degree the stepfather and the housekeeper have been under suspicion as persons of interest throughout this lengthy period. All suspected each other and all had personal reasons to dislike the murder victim. Lourie Moran, producer of the popular reality TV show, Under Suspicion, returned to the site of the crime to interview the suspects and others for her show with the hope of shedding light on the aging unsolved murder and possibly even flushing out the killer. Along with the graduation gala story a parallel scenario also plays out. Five years ago, Laurie Moran’s husband, Greg, a physician, was murdered in cold blood by a gunman while playing with their three-year-old son, Timmy, in a neighborhood park. The press named the killer Blue Eyes because Timmy as young as he was could only identify the gunman by the color of his eyes. Timmy did remember, however, that as the killer ran off he shouted, “Tell your mother that she’s next. Then it’s your turn.” The author does a masterful job of weaving both stories together while keeping story lines separate. Higgins Clark developed her characters well. From the very start the reader is exposed to the personal lives of each participant. As the story moves along the author gradually increases tension through the story’s fast changing scenes. Under My Skin is not a complicated “who done it” mystery; in fact, its simplicity might be one of its attractions and allows the reader to follow the logic and wily scheming of the chasers and the chased. Don’t let the simplicity of the plot fool you though; the story has as many twists and sharp turns as an Alpine slalom course right to the very end.
I very much enjoyed the story and heartily recommend it. I rate the book a 5.