From the Back Cover
Renowned author Ivor Horton introduces you to Visual C++ 2012
There's a reason why Ivor Horton's books dominate the marketplace: his unique, easy-to-understand tutorial style of covering a topic is accessible to both novice and experienced programmers. And now, with this updated guide, he delivers a comprehensive introduction to both the standard C++ language and Visual C++ 2012. Step-by-step programming exercises, helpful examples, and clear solutions deftly walk you through the ins and outs of C++ development. By the end of the book, you'll have a solid understanding of how to build real-world applications using Visual C++ 2012.
Ivor Horton's Beginning Visual C++ 2012:
- Introduces you to the current version of the C++ language (C++ 11), as it is implemented in Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2012
- Provides a comprehensive tutorial on using the complete Visual C++ programming language
- Explains the C++ Standard Template Library and how to apply it to make your programming tasks easier
- Shows you the principal elements of developing Windows desktop applications in C++ using the Microsoft Foundation Classes
- Guides you through the development of a substantial Windows® 7 desktop application that you can also run under Windows® 8
- Illustrates how to develop Windows 8 Apps with Visual C++ using a working game example
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Ivor Horton is one of the preeminent authors of tutorials on the Java, C, and C++ programming languages. He is widely known for the tutorial style of his books, which provides step-by-step guidance easily understood even by first-time programmers. He is also a systems consultant in private practice.