Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,082 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 1,598 reviews
on April 20, 2017
I was looking for a professional steamer for my wedding and life. The J-2000 fit the bill perfectly. I have worked with the J-4000 as someone who worked in retail but wanted something a little smaller but by the Jiffy brand as their steamers are amazing. The J-2000 is very easy to fill with distilled water and provides about an hour to an hour and a half of steaming (all depends on the fabric you are steaming, Linen will really absorb the water and even with the j-4000, I was refilling it in about 45 minutes when our linen shipments arrived). Like the J-4000, it is easy to use and works so well. If you have not used a steamer before, take your time. Focus on the hard lines and steam inside and outside of the garment but be careful not to burn yourself. The hose will heat up and if you go inside of a garment you are not allowing the steam the ability to escape. I have not had the sputtering I sometimes had with the J-4000, so no hot water drops on my feet as I steam. The J-2000 heats quickly (with the J-4000 you allow the water to heat and them click it over to steam about a 20 minute process. the J-2000 is just a click on and it was steaming within 10 minutes.) and works beautifully. It has the power of the J-4000 without being as large. Great for around the house and smaller retail establishments. It steamed my veil beautifully and took the hard lines in the silk robes I picked up for my bridal party out so quickly. Excellent product, great brand, awesome smaller size. Who needs an iron with this!
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2018
Get the metal head. Go with this model over the 4000! Go with the metal head it acts like an iron if needed. It also works much better than my iron, and since it is steam you won't burn sensitive fabrics. I originally had a Rowenta steamer and thought steaming clothes was never a good option. Until I got this J-2000M, I decided based on the reviews I would give steaming another try. It is so much quicker and does a very close job as if I were to iron my shits.

This steamer does take a minute to warm up, and you will want to wait a few extra minutes even after it is blowing out steam to use the device. It is very sturdy and commercial grade feeling. One full tank of water did over eight Brooks Brothers "non-iron" shirts and three dress pants/ chinos. In theory, I also believe the metal head works better because it retains more heat is hotter when steaming up close.
on August 30, 2017
Very satisfied with this steamer. I Also purchased a steamer mat to go with it and they compliment each other very well. Only issue is moisture collecting at the top of the door trim. But I'm going to fix that by attaching sombre material and Velcro at the top of the door trim. But I'm very happy with this steamer.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 8, 2018
I once purchased a small hand held travel steamer. It was garbage. I thought perhaps all steamers were garbage. I should have skipped the travel steamer and gone right for the real deal. This thing is so much quicker than ironing. I love love love it. Works great for delicate women's hand wash shirts that are ridiculously difficult to iron. I no longer have to dry clean some of my shirts - I hand wash and use this steamer. Also, really works fast and perfect for men's non-iron dress shirts. I can't believe I waited so long to purchase this. Do not hesitate. it rocks. I purchased the metal steam head. Would do that again for sure. This steamer is perfect for people who hate to iron, but have to look moderately professional and can't wear wrinkled clothes to work.
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 22, 2018
This is my second Jiffy Steamer in 30 years. My first one, I was given to by my friend who had used it for years in her dress shop. It lasted me another 30 years. I would still be using it but, it fell out of the back of my car while I was transporting it into my house after using it at a wedding.
I tried to repair it, but just couldn't.
I was hoping the new Jiffy Steamers would be as great at the old ones. It is.
I LOVE IT. I don't think the steam shoots out as hard, but it steams with the best of them. I also use it on the hand made tile in my shower and on my carpet to get spots up. Jiffy Steamer's Customer Service is excellent.
on February 1, 2018
I would say 4 and a half stars, but lett's offset the tendency of people to come online just to whine. honestly, I didn't have any problems the other reviewers had. I think they didn't let it warm up long enough. If you give it a good 15 minutes to warm up, this thing works as good as they show in the video. Run it over a shirt and the wrinkles vanish. I still use an iron for most of my cotton shirts, but for the ones that have a shimmery material and on my suits, ties and wife's dresses, this thing does the job great.

A few words of warning, the pipe and base and of course the top becomes extremely hot. Like, burn you if you touch it hot! I wouldn't use this around kids or pets. Additionally, make sure the water container locks in right (you should hear some gulping sounds as the water goes down into the base when you set it on). Also, the hose can become kinked fairly easily, and the boiling water will back up like a volcano and come out of the base, pretty dangerous, but just keep an eye on it.
on July 28, 2017
I wish I made this purchase years ago. I don't have to iron anymore! The quality of this Jiffy is amazing..this is a solid piece of equipment made in the USA. It has exceeded my expectations in every way. If you're like me and you've never had a steamer before (except for those crappy travel ones that never work) and have been thinking about getting a full size one for a while-stop waiting just buy it. You will love it. And this is the one to get ! It heats up in about 2 mins and is very strong!
on February 16, 2016
I bought this steamer when I first began wearing suits and dry clean only business attire. I was hoping it would eliminate the need to take my suits to the dry cleaners. After using it for about a month, I've found that it does freshen my suits up quite a bit, though I'll still need to take my suits to the dry cleaners occasionally. It is excellent for shirts and blouses made of delicate fabrics that don't iron easily and it is a quicker solution even for the materials that do iron easily. It take s a couple minutes to begin producing steam, and removes wrinkles wonderfully.

As other reviewers commented, it works best when the steamer head is placed under the fabric to allow the steam to rise through the wrinkled material. I find it very easy to use, and though the steam is hot, it will not burn as long as hands are kept several inches away from the steamer head. While it removes wrinkles and odors, it does not replace the iron for setting creases. While it is a somewhat pricey investment, it seems to be of good quality and I expect to get a lot of use out of it in the years to come.
on January 31, 2018
I had a Jiffy steamer for 20 years. I used it all the time and didn't take the best care of it. I used filtered water but didn't use the product to clean it every six months. When it finally broke, I replaced it with this one and am happy with my new steamer. This time, I will make sure to use the cleaning fluid. Either way, I'm impressed that the first one lasted as long as it did.
on July 24, 2016
I read all the reviews and never thought about buying since I was so put off by the high price. I finally bought the steamer and MAN, where was this all my life. It takes no time to "iron" shirts that used to take forever the old way. The unit heats up in the same time as a regular iron and the wand holder is up and out of the way of your face so there is no worry about getting a face full of steam. The on/off switch can be operated with a touch of your foot, so unit should really be unplugged when not in use so children/dogs don't turn it on accidentally. All in all, so well worth the money. Once you use this, you'll never go back to a standard iron.

I have used the steamer over a week now....fabulous, easy, fast.