|Item Weight||2.46 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1.18 x 1.18 x 4.13 inches|
|Item model number||8297|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||8297|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
J-B Weld 8297 HighHeat 550 Degree Epoxy Putty Stick - 2 oz.
|Full cure time||8 Hours|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- J-B WELD HIGHHEAT: A hand mixable two part epoxy putty stick that is formulated to repair and rebuild materials that will be exposed to high temperatures in automotive and industrial maintenance applications. J-B Weld HighHeat is designed for DIY repairs on exhaust manifolds, tail pipes, mufflers, engine blocks, duct work and other various high temperature projects.
- CURE AND SET TIME: After kneading the two part formula together by hand, HighHeat takes 1 hour to set and cures in 8 hours. J-B Weld HighHeat set and cure color is machine grey.
- PRODUCT FEATURES AND STRENGTH: J-B Weld HighHeat has lap shear strength of 800 PSI at room temperature and 600 PSI at 400oF (204oC) or more. HighHeat is able to withstand continuous heat up to 450oF (232oC) and intermittent heat of 500oF (260oC). HighHeat is 3x stronger at higher temperatures than conventional epoxy puttys and can be tapped and drilled.
- MAJOR USES: Exhaust Manifolds, Tail Pipes, Mufflers, Engine Blocks, Duct Work, Machinery and other high temperature equipment.
- 3 times stronger at high temperatures
- Withstands continuous heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and intermittent heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Strength of 800 PSI at room temperature and 600 PSI at 400 degrees Fahrenheit
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Gorilla All Purpose Epoxy Putty Stick, 2 ounce, Grey, (Pack of 1)
J-B Weld 8267-S SteelStik Steel Reinforced Epoxy Putty Stick - 2 oz
J-B Weld 8267-S SteelStik Steel Reinforced Epoxy Putty Stick - 2 oz (Pack of 2)
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||G.P.S.||ICE AUTO PARTS|
|Item Dimensions||1.18 x 1.18 x 4.13 inches||0.10 x 3.50 x 7.50 inches||1.00 x 4.00 x 7.00 inches||—|
|Item Weight||2.47 ounces||—||1.80 ounces||—|
|Size||2 Ounce||1 - Pack||—||2 PACK|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
J-B Weld High Heat Epoxy Putty High Heat is a hand mixable epoxy putty stick specifically formulated to bond and repair materials that will be exposed to high temperatures in automotive and industrial maintenance applications. It cures to a tough, hard bond with little to no shrinkage. This industrial-strength product outperforms conventional epoxy putties at high temperatures and sets in 1 hour at room temperature. After 8 hours, it can be drilled, tapped, machined, ground, filed and painted. High Heat is rated at a tensile strength of 800 PSI and cures to a machine grey in color. It is able to withstand continuous heat exposure of 400 degrees F and intermittent heat exposure to 550 degrees F. Use on: Automotive Metal And more Instructions 1. Cut: Remove required amount of putty. 2. Mix: Thoroughly knead putty with fingers to a uniform color. 3. Apply: Press putty firmly to the surface to be repaired. J-B Weld is proudly made in the USA
From the manufacturer
HighHeat is a hand-mixable epoxy putty stick specifically formulated to bond and repair materials that will be exposed to high temperatures in automotive and industrial maintenance applications. It cures to a tough, hard bond with little to no shrinkage. This industrial-strength product outperforms conventional epoxy putties at high temperatures and sents in 1 hour at room temperature. After 8 hours it can be drilled, tapped, machined, ground, filed and painted. HighHeat is rated at a tensile strength of 800 PSI and cures to a machine grey in color. It is able to withstand continuous heat exposure of 400°F and intermittent heat exposure of 550°F.
|J-B Weld HighHeat||J-B Weld ExtremeHeat||FiberFix Heat Wrap||J-B Weld Hi-Temp RTV Silicone||J-B Weld SteelStik||J-B Weld The Original Cold Weld|
|Product Description||HighHeat is hand-mixable two part epoxy putty stick that is forumlated to repair and rebuild material that will be exposed to high temperatures in automotive and industrial maintenance applications.||ExtremeHeat is a temperture resistent metallic paste that is designed to fill holes and cracks in metal surfaces.||FiberFix HeatWrap is fiberglass-woven wrap impregnated with resin that is water activated and creates a strong structural repair on various high temperature fixtures.||Hi-Temp Red RTV is a gasket maker and sealant designed to resistent temperatures up to 650°F.||SteelStik is a hand-mixable two part epoxy putty stick that is steel reineforced and non-rusting allowing for quick repairs on anyhing made of metal and more!||J-B Weld is The Original Cold Weld two-party epoxy system that provides strong, lasting repairs to many surfaces.|
|Surface Application||Exhaust Amnifolds, Tail Pipes, Mufflers, Engine Blocks, Duct Work, Machinery and other high temp. equipment||Exhaust manifolds, heat exchanges, mufflers, engine blocks, firebox/fireplace, outdoor grills & manifolds.||Tailpipe & Mufflers, Hot Water Pipe, Steam Pipe and more!||Oil Pans, Valve Covers, Exhaust Manifolds, Water Pumps and more!||Iron & Stainless Steel, Copper & Brass, Aluminum & Broonze, Fiberglass and Plastic & PVC.||Great For: Metal, Wood, Plastic, Tile, PVC, Ceramic, Fiberglass, Concrete & More|
|Cure Color||Machine Grey||Machine Grey||Dark Clay||Red||Dark Grey||Dark Grey|
|Set Time||1 Hour||1 Hour||5-10 Minutes||1 Hour||5 Minutes||4-6 Hours|
|Cure Time||Functional Cure in 8 Hours||24 Hours||With Heat: 1 Hour; No Heat: 24 Hours||1 Hour||1 Hour||15-24 Hours|
|Strength (PSI)||800 PSI at Room Temp, 600 PSI at 400° F||Withstand 2400° of continuous heat||1707 PSI||Heat Resistant: Up to 650°F||900 PSI||5020 PSI|