Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

J.K. Adams Ash Wood 12-Bottle Wine Rack, Natural
Size: 12-Bottle|Color: Natural|Change

on March 25, 2017
Got 2 packs of these today to provide wine storage in a renovated liquor cabinet I was completing. They are great! My husband and I used a mallet and put them together in about an hour and it was super easy. The measurements were exactly as stated and look wonderful inside the cabinet. Very sturdy and it's great that I can reconfigure them if I ever want to use them elsewhere or even add to them. Would not hesitate to order again...highly recommend!
on January 16, 2017
Wife wrote this review:
We purchased two 40-Bottle racks and assembled them all together and installed in our pantry. All-in-all this is a great product and looks very impressive once all assembled and filled. We placed two separate orders for each of the racks; one came in two days with Prime one took five (also with Prime), so there may be some delay on shipping. The first set came in clean, the second set was not as well drilled - the majority of the holes had splinters and were not cut clean, same on many of the sides of the large pieces. Overall we are very pleased with this product. Recommend using a regular hammer for assembly and a rubber mallet to finish off assembly/even everything out. No glue required, sturdy assembly and we have confidence in the product.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
For the 12-bottle version: Quality ash construction. They seem to have solved the QC issues that are mentioned in older reviews. Every hole was cleanly drilled in the larger pieces, every peg fit tightly into those holes and required a good few blows with a padded hammer to properly seat. I do not expect it to ever come apart unless I want to re-configure it. No glue necessary. I set it up as the 3x3 configuration as in the photos but they included 9 extra pegs for different configurations or to join multiple sets together. Recommended.
on January 14, 2013
This modular racking system lets you build custom racks where you need to fit them. I have many other racks that hold 120 bottles. Some are Redwood and some are Spruce, and they are less expensive, but are not customized to fit in tight areas. It took 2 of these to get enough spots for 80 bottles of wine. The Bonus is that these racking are big enough to accommodate Burgundy bottles and the larger Rhone bottles. Most bigger champagnes will not fit, but I had to go custom for a champagne shelf. These modular racks are quite sturdy, but don't even think about disassembling one. Once you build it and mallet the wood into place, it will break up if you try to pull it apart.
on June 12, 2016
We wanted to start storing wine under our stairs, and we spent about 30 minutes reviewing different racks in order to maximize space. This one cost more than several of the other racks, but we thought this one would fit best. It turns out that we were able to customize the shape (maybe the description said that, but I didn't realize it at the time).

It took my husband about 45 minutes to assemble the rack. He used a good mallet and no wood glue. It wasn't difficult, but he is methodical and didn't mind taking his time. The finished product isn't what I would call attractive, but it suits our needs perfectly, and we are thrilled.

We ordered a second rack because we will be able to double the number of wines we can store. The wines sit nicely in the holes. We can even fit sparkling wines or wines with larger bottles.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I've purchased several of these wine racks over the past few years. They are high quality and easy to put together. The assembled product is very solid. A rubber hammer is helpful. It's nice to be able to slowly build a rack inline with additions to my small wine collection.
on March 20, 2016
I keep my wine in an upper kitchen cabinet and recently broke a bottle because they were just loose up there. Time for a better solution. I needed to fit the cabinet space and was intrigued by the TinkerToy approach of this rack to fitting variable spaces. I ordered a couple of sets, knocked them together to fit my available space, and we should have no more broken wine bottles. The wood on this seems very solid, and I think it will do the job. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that the bottles tend to slide back and forth a little and can drop off the rear dowel. They won't go far, but I don't recall this being an issue with other wine racks of a more solid sided construction. Still, I'd recommend it, especially if you need to fit a given space.
on May 18, 2014
I bought a J.K. Adams 12-bottle wine rack several years ago, and it worked great and served its purpose fine. I configured it with 3 octagonal sticks by 5, thus wasting one stick, because of the size of the space I was putting the rack in (these "sticks" are the big dowels you see in the picture). But it still worked for 12 bottles - 8 bottles enclosed in the rack, and four on top. In fact I could sneak three more in by placing them on the top four bottles.

That all went fine for many years, until a couple weeks ago my wife and I were in California doing some wine tasting, and decided to buy a case of wine (12 bottles) from one winery, plus 4 bottles from another. Our original rack was full, so we had to do something quick! I bought two more of these J.K. Adams 12-bottle kits. I considered buying a 40-bottle kit, but two 12's were cheaper, and were all I really needed.

I was able to increase the capacity of the existing rack laterally by adding six octagonal sticks, for a total of 6 bottles per row or 18 totally in the rack. I made a second rack with 21 octagons, yielding 18 more bottles, for a total of 36, plus what I can squeeze on top of the top racks.

It took me a few minutes to get into the rhythm of how to put it together, but following the simple instructions with my mallet on my workbench worked pretty well.

The instructions say that if it the rack is kept short, no glue is necessary. My old rack did not have any glue, and it kept together nicely all these years. I tapped it to tighten up the joints before I added the new octagons, but it really had held together nicely.
on December 16, 2013
This modular wine rack goes together quickly and easily with a hammer or rubber mallet. I have lots of these in my pantry using up otherwise wasted space.

The first time I built one, I was afraid to hammer it too hard for fear of damaging or cracking the wool. That resulted in a few of the pegs coming loose when the dry air of the winter heating season arrived and I had to tap several back together. Now I hammer them in well the first time and never have any problem.

These are made of sustainably harvested wood in Vermont, and the modular nature makes them great at filling odd wasted space. One of my JK Adams wine racks is a single bottle wide but goes from floor to ceiling between my refrigerator and the wall. Another is made in a perfect cube to fill the space under the air conditioner. And yet another was built so that it looks like a custom fit inside a kitchen cabinet.

There are endless uses for these, not just wine. I store water bottles and even SodaStream gas cylinders in them.

Highly recommended!
on February 23, 2013
Pros:
- Great idea, modular is the way to go, as it can expand and fit any space.

Cons:
- Just visually looking at the hole positions on the flat sides, I could see positional variance. Tapping the pegs into the holes, there was obvious size variance. Not surprisingly, when I laid it out, it wobbled, as the bottom was not flat, and no amount of adjustment or swapped pieces would resolve it. Considering how simple this system is, that it's US manufactured, and the relatively high price, I expected it to fit together better.

That said, I'm not sending it back, as I have a specific space to fill, and this fits. Once I load the bottles in, for the most part, it doesn't wobble.