- Series: J.K. Lasser
- Paperback: 848 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (October 23, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119380081
- ISBN-13: 978-1119380085
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 1.6 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 63 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,425 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2018: For Preparing Your 2017 Tax Return Paperback – October 23, 2017
|New from||Used from|
$1.04 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
The Most Trusted Name in Tax
For over 75 years, more than 39 million Americans have trusted J.K. Lasser to help them save money at tax time
J.K. Lasser can save you MORE money!Visit www.jklasser.com today for:
- 365-day-a-year tax news, advice, and guidance
- Ask J.K. Lasser! Get YOUR tax question answered!
- Free tax supplement
Easy-to-Use Format Explains Complex Tax Laws
- FILING TIPS and FILING INSTRUCTIONS help you prepare your 2017 return
- PLANNING REMINDERS highlight year-end tax strategies for 2017 and planning opportunities for 2018 and later years
- CAUTIONS point out potential pitfalls to avoid and areas where you might expect IRS opposition
- LAW ALERTS indicate recent changes in the tax law and pending legislation before Congress
- COURT DECISIONS highlight key rulings from the Tax Court and other federal courts
- IRS ALERTS highlight key rulings and announcements from the IRS
Basics of Filing (Chap. 1) including:
Which form to file Chap. 1Filing as Head of Household Chap. 1Filing for your children Chap. 1Filing for married couples Chap. 1
What Must You Report as Income? (Chaps. 211) including:
Fringe benefits Chap. 3Capital gains & losses Chap. 5Traditional & Roth IRAs Chap. 8Rental Income Chap. 9
What Deductions Can You Claim? (Chaps. 1221) including:
Moving expenses Chap. 12Charitable deductions Chap. 14Casualty loss Chap. 18Who is a dependent? Chap. 21
How Much Tax Do You Owe? (Chaps. 2228) including:
The AMT Chap. 23Your child's tax Chap. 24Personal tax credits Chap. 25Estimated taxes Chap. 27
Strategies to Save You Taxes (Chaps. 2939) including:
Tax-free residence sales Chap. 29Investing in securities Chap. 30Tax credits for education Chap. 33Armed forces rules Chap. 35
Planning Ideas for Your Business (Chaps. 4045) including:
Home office deduction Chap. 40Keogh, Simple, or SEP Chap. 41Auto expenses Chap. 43Self-employment tax Chap.45
Now That You're Done (Chaps. 4648)including:
Electronic filing Chap. 46Filing extensions Chap. 46IRS Audits Chap. 48Amended returns Chap. 47
About the Author
J.K. Lasser Institute has been the premier publisher of consumer tax guides since 1939, when Jacob Kay Lasser first published Your Income Tax. Since then, the guide has been published continuously for over seventy years and read by over 39,000,000 people. The J.K. Lasser Institute also publishes personal finance books such as Small Business Taxes and 1001 Deductions and Tax Breaks. J.K. Lasser Institute spokespeople are regularly sought after as media tax experts. They regularly appear on such broadcast programs as CNBC, CNN, and Bloomberg TV. They are also often featured in numerous periodicals, including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Self Magazine, The New York Times, Newsweek and Reader's Digest.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
but always come back to these. They explain the law and how to do the forms in an understandable way.
They give you all deductions--You may even find some you didn't know you could take.
If you do your own taxes this book is all you need if you have any questions or want to look something up.