- Get a 30 day FREE trial for Fender Play digital guitar lessons when you buy any acoustic or electric guitar or amp sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
4 Year Musical Instrument Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
J. Navarro NC-61 Classical Guitar
- Solid cedar top with traditional fan bracing provides a mellow, clear sound - perfect for players with a lighter touch
- Rosewood back and sides guarantee deep bass and cutting power
- Mahogany neck with traditional Spanish heel for superior resonance -unheard of at this price point
- Rosewood fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- Deluxe gold-plated 12:1 tuning machines look elegant and tune smoothly
- To learn more, please see our Product Description below
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The NC-61 Classical Guitar in Natural finish.
About J. Vavarro
Combining our knowledge and understanding of how to produce great instruments and using only the finest manufacturing tech- niques developed by the best traditional Spanish luthiers, Saga now introduces its own line of mid-level, high-quality Spanish- inspired Classical guitars: the J. Navaro collection—hand-crafted to last a lifetime!
Spanish-Inspired Tone And Beauty!
Combining our knowledge and understanding of how to produce great instruments with using the finest manufacturing techniques by the best traditional Spanish luthiers, Saga now introduces it's own line of mid-level, high-quality classical guitars. These new models are the first offerings from our newest brand—J. Navarro—defining Spanish Tradition!
- Solid Engelmann spruce top.
- Rosewood back and sides.
- Multiple lines of wood purfling on sides and back on sides and back.
- Mahogany neck with traditional Spanish heel and slipper foot.
- Rosewood fingerboard.
- Rosewood bridge with decorative wood inlays.
- Wooden inlaid rosette.
- Wood binding with multi-ply purfling on top (B/W/B/W).
- Bone nut and saddle.
- Rosewood peghead overlay with wooden inlay center stripe.
- 12:1 ratio, gold-plated tuning machines with black ABS buttons.
- High-gloss finish.
- Savarez strings (medium tension).
- Shop adjusted.
Back and Side Material: Rosewood
Back Inlay: Multi-ply Wood
Body Shape: Spanish
Brace Material: Spruce
Bridge Material: Polished Rosewood
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Finish: Natural High Gloss
Fret Material: Nickel-silver
Headstock Style: Traditional Slotted
Neck Material: Mahogany / Spanish Heel & Slipper Foot Neck Body Joint
Number of Frets Clear: 12
Number of Frets Total: 19
Nut Material: Bone
Nut Width : 2 inches
Peghead Overlay: Rosewood
Recommended Strings: Medium Tension
Scale Length: 25 9/16 inches
Soundhole Rosette: Traditional Spanish Multi-colored Wood Marquetry
Top: Solid Cedar
Top Bracing Pattern: Fan Bracing
Top Purfling: Multi-ply Wood
Tuning Machines: Gold-plated Side Mounted for Slotted Pegheads / Accurate 12:1 Gear Ratio / Black Buttons
Compare with similar items
J. Navarro NC-60 Classical Guitar
Kremona Soloist Series S62C Nylon String Guitar
Yamaha C40 Full Size Nylon-String Classical Guitar
Cordoba C3M Classical Guitar
J.Navarro NC-40 Spanish Guitar with Solid Spruce Top
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Zorro Sounds||Express Music Instruments||Amazon.com|
|Hand Orientation||Right||Right||Right Handed||Right Handed||Right Handed||Right Handed|
|Item Dimensions||41.7 x 19.9 x 5.9 in||41.7 x 19.9 x 5.9 in||42 x 17 x 6 in||24 x 7 x 10 in||46 x 8 x 18 in||40 x 16 x 5 in|
|Number of Strings||6||6||6||6||6||6|
The NC-61 by J. Navarro combines our knowledge and understanding of how to produce great instruments with using the finest manufacturing techniques by the best traditional Spanish luthiers, Saga now introduces it’s own line of mid-level, high-quality Classical guitars. This new model is one of the first offerings from our newest brand – J. Navarro defining Spanish Tradition!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The solid cedar top vibrates easily and generates very rich base notes. My technique is not very good, but when I get my fingernails plucking the trebles correctly, the guitar delivers a balanced tone quality with good volume. The supplied strings are a Normal (medium) tension Savarez brand, and they seem very pliable and not hard on the fingers. [I expect to take some time and try a number of different brands and tensions to find the strings that best fit my taste and technique.]
The glossy finish is applied without drips, runs, or voids. There's an Alvarez on Amazon now priced at ~$110, but that instrument is mahogany back and sides, and has a matte finish. In my experience, the matte finish finger-prints and collects grime much more easily than a gloss finish. The grain of both solid cedar top and rosewood laminate sides and back are lovely. Grain shows off best with a gloss finish, and gloss is generally more durable.
The bridge is one of the 12-hole type, so strings do not have to be tied on, per se. There are several different methods for securing strings in a 12-hole bridge, but the easiest one I've found can be seen at [...]. No difficult knots, but 'safe'! This is a cool feature.
The rosewood fingerboard is left raw, so the grain is visible, but soft. Eventually I will rub my fingerboard down with some lemon or boiled linseed oil to help preserve it, which will likely darken the grain a bit. I suspect it will only become even more lovely.
In summary, I paid about the same price as Mr. Bengtsson, but the thought of returning the J. Navarro NC-61 never crossed my mind. I'm disappointed I didn't buy all three that were available at the special price! Mine is a lovely instrument, with no notable construction or aesthetic flaws. It plays easily and nicely, and sounds lovely and, oh so 'Spanish'. This was a bargain, and a lucky find in every way. And, yes ... I would also say my NC-61 would be worth every bit of Amazon's regular price.
I rated this 5-stars to help counter Bengtsson's peevish and ill-considered review. My real world rating would be a hair above 4-stars.