|Item Weight||10.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10.9 x 3.9 x 0.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||J203-8N|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|National Stock Number||5120-01-593-3208|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.79 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Klein Tools J203-8N 8-Inch Journeyman Heavy Duty Long Nose Pliers, Yellow and Black
|Price:||$39.50 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wire stripping - cleanly strips 12 AWG wire. Induction-hardened, long-lasting cutting knives
- Heavier design for greater cutting power
- Extended handles provide added reach and leverage
- Slim head design for working in confined areas
- Hot-riveted joint ensures smooth action and no handle wobble
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) The right size. Its the perfect size for wiring an electrical box. For example if you compare the Greenlee needle nose pliers, they are larger, and heavier, and not so nimble when wiring a box up.
2) Grip. They not only grip in your hand, they grip wire well. Good enough to put a good bend in a wire that needs to be screwed down to a receptacle. And, the had grip is well insulated, which is good when wiring a box that is hot.
3) Strip. Yes, a wire stripper is the best way to accurately strip wire, but after a while its just easier and quicker to use the wire stripper that is a part of the cutter. Further, this feature is not included in my second choice of needle nose pliers - the Greenlee.
4) Cut. The cutter is strong enough for all types of residential wire.
Although I am no longer an electrician, I still enjoy my quality tools for projects around the house. So, if you are looking for a really good set of needle nose pliers, this is the one for you!
I've been cutting lots of 16AGW steel wire. It goes thru that like a hot knife thru butter. However, it no longer cuts stranded copper wire all the way thru. It always leaves the last few strands intact, and I can see gaps in the blades from all my heavy cutting. It's a choice you need to make with the side cutters: use them for only heavy cutting, or only fine cutting, not both. I'm happy with my choice.
The handles lend some comfort, but more noticeably, they collect less grunge over time than the rubber handles. I've taken them everywhere since I bought them, in all kinds of working conditions, with all kinds of substances on my gloves. The handles still feel like new.
[Edit:] I've been pulling nails, screws, and staples from wood, some of which were sunk very deep with sharp edges. The inside tip of the nose never slips on me and the ridges show no signs of wear. Very hard jaws. 5 stars.
Klein has a long history of proving electrical workers with quality tools. Any electrician worth his tool belt uses Klein because they make a very durable, high quality product.
The handles on this tool are plastic coated for a very comfortable grip. the jaws are well machined and match up nicely. Klien tools come with a lifetime warranty providing you have not abused the tool( I.E. used it on a live circuit) These pliers last forever when used properly- I have used mine faithfully for well over three years and they are still rock solid.
Klein tools sometimes lock up in the case of their pliers- if this occurs, spray them with wd-40 and work the pliers by repeatedly opening and closing the Jaws. This procedure is also good for breaking in brand new pliers that could be tight
An alternative, and arguably equal in quality would be those made by Channellock (also MADE IN USA) which are about 2/3 of the price. Klein and Channellock also make slimmer versions for greater access. I don't think you'd go wrong with either brand and I own both but I slightly prefer this particular Klein model.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great quality, but I wish the action was smoother. Came with a "tight" operation. I dropped 3-in-1 on the moving parts, but that didn't loosen it up like I'd prefer.Published 18 days ago by W. Hancock
These are not strippers. Klein needs to get the annoying hole out of the cutters. Otherwise, great 5 star tool.Published 5 months ago by E. Sterling Holland
These pliers are great. I have had mine for +14 years, they are used daily and show no signs of giving up. Read morePublished 5 months ago by jbunce2519