JLab J4MSBK JBuds In-Ear Single Earphone Style Headset with Enterprise Class Microphone, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Single (one) earbud rugged handsfree wired headset with mic (different from J4M which has two earbuds)
- Push button control for answer calls/music control
- Rugged metal construction with signature 5 durable flex joints and kevlar reinforced cable
- Compatible with most smartphones, tablets, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, and Apple products with a 3.5mm jack
- Primarily designed for use with cell phones, two way radios, and other applications such as driving or biking, where only one bud is preferred to leave the other ear open
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Neither of my headsets is capable of transmitting sound. I can get the phone audio but the person on the other end cannot hear me. It is the same with both headsets.
I have an AT&T branded Bold 9900 just to be specific.
This was a total bonehead problem created by me. I had updated the OS on my phone to the beta 7.1 software that enables hotspotting. I downgraded my OS and the headset worked. I am amending my review from 1 star to 5 stars based on the fact that I have a working product now. The problem is more a reflection on RIM (as if they needed any more negative reviews) then on JLabs.
I also want to compliment the JLab technical support person that I spoke with in trying to resolve the issue. He offered ways to resolve the issue and was very helpful. After some use, this headset is comfortable and exactly what I was looking for.
Playback Quality: It's ok for an in-ear, cheap earphone. The bass is a bit punchy though which is nice. Voice quality is good even if music playback is somewhat lacking. Music quality seems a bit better after using it for a week (burn in). Note that JLab's has some special burn-in instructions on their website.
Android Compatibility: This is the reason I bought this headset. The button on the microphone housing will pause audio playback on my Nexus S 4g. Works for both the default music app and my podcast app "BeyondPod".
Other notes: Cable is fairly long (4'3" or so). Treble boosting equalizer settings make the audio output more to my tastes. Also, see the bulky nub right near the headphone jack in the pictures? I was worried I wouldn't be able to plug it into my smartphone since I have a case on it which recesses the headphone port. Luckily there's enough clearance on the plug for me to get it in.
Microphone Quality: Jostling the dongle while talking to people (say if you're running or repositioning it) only produces a mild disturbance. Transmit volume seems a bit on the low side so you might have to speak up a bit. Haven't had a chance to test in windy conditions.
I recommend looping this earbud around your ear. It helps reduce noise caused by the cable rubbing against your shirt,it makes the earbud less likely to be pulled out of your ear, and it moves the microphone dongle up to shirt-collar level which gives better audio quality.Read more ›
if you're looking for a product with two earphones to listen to music, this may not be the product you're looking for.
however, i've used this product with my iphone4.
and this ear-piece is EXCELLENT.
i have a set of JLAB J3m's, and my complaint with that product was the way how it picks up noise from the wind.
this product does a GREAT job eliminating that unnecessary noise (almost not noticeable).
i give it a 4/5, just because since i don't drive around TOO much, and whenever i have something plugged into my ears, i'm listening to music, from both ears.
so i'd probably consider giving the J4m's or even the more recent products from JLAB, a try.
if you're looking for a single-ear product, this is an excellent choice!
- Very nice sound quality for voice communication
- Microphone does a good job at diminishing background noise
- Nice selection of silicone ear pieces, good job at blocking outside noise.
- Wires are not flimsy
- Bass is good, but overall fidelity isn't that great for HiFi music.
- Build quality is marginal. My bud pulled apart on day one when i tried to change the silicone fitting. I glued in back myself with Duco Cement. No big deal, but disappointing.
- The wire is a bit stiff. I wish it was more rubbery and less prone to tangle.
- I wish the plastic around the 3.5 mm jack was a bit smaller so that i didn't have such a big clunky jack sticking out the side of my ipad or blackberry,
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the best single ear headphone I could find. Very good clarity on both ends and some decent noise cancellation. The last one I had stopped working. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Majak
I can only hear out of one ear and only need one headphone. This has been a great product for me.Published 16 months ago by J Lemmer
this is a great product and jlab needs to resume production. I'd like to buy more of them but everyone is sold out.Published 16 months ago by Tommy in Texas
Sounds good and seems heavy duty. I would recommend this mono earbud. The flat cable helps it from getting twisted and seems more robustPublished 16 months ago by Danny Pullen
Rugged? Not so much. After 1 year of using these cycling, they have deteriorated so bad that it sounds like and old static filled radio in my ear. Read morePublished 17 months ago by P. Meyer
I use this all the time to answer my iPhone. These are truly solid earphones. I bought 2 one for car and one for house.Published 18 months ago by MichaelG