JAVOedge Fiber Axis Case for the Apple iPad - First Generation
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rotatable back cover acts as kickstand to prop iPad for hands-free horizontal or vertical viewing.
- Tilt iPad for customized viewing angles with case's rubber steps
- Protect iPad from front to back against minor bumps, drops, and scratches
- Case gives full access to device features while using a Magnet flap closure
- Animal friendly materials
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
The Fiber Axis case is better in every way than the Apple case, except one. It is:
1. More attractive: I like the magnetic closure and the textured design. The Apple case material shows EVERY smudge, and they aren't easily removed.
2. More protective: This case is padded (unlike the Apple case). And while more of the edges of the iPad are unprotected with this case, the corner guards seem to do a decent job of keeping them from contacting the outside world).
3. Easier to use: The iPad essentially snaps into this case, and it seems to be held snugly. It is difficult to insert and extract the iPad from the Apple case (lots of pulling and shoving involved).
4. More versatile: I LOVE the ability to prop the iPad up in both portrait and landscape mode. The Apple case only props in landscape mode, and the mechanism for this seems flimsy and childish in comparison with the Fiber Axis system - it's like folding in the top of a cereal box to close it.
So where does the Apple case beat the Fiber Axis case? Propping the iPad is nice, but how do I (and I assume most iPad users) typically use their new toy? With the case cover folded back behind the iPad and held in the hands (or cradled in one arm). The Apple case easily and neatly folds behind the iPad in this mode. The same brilliant mechanism that lets you prop the Fiber Axis case in two directions also makes the front cover want to rotate when flipped behind the iPad, and it doesn't fold neatly.
Sorry for the typos. I hate typing on the pad without my bluetooth keyboard.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good, solid case that also functions as a stand. The pivot feature is cool; allows you to view the screen horizontal and vertical. Quality material and workmanship. Read morePublished on January 31, 2011 by lrandall
the case works great, until u want to touch the ipad. the slots that are suppose to hold it in place do not work once u touch the ipad, it falls over. Read morePublished on November 30, 2010 by Michael A. Guglielmo
Great lightweight option for Ipad, excellent viewing options. Makes it easy to take with the kids.Published on October 31, 2010 by michaellew16
The product lived up its expectation. The IPad becomes a bit heavy with the case. But it gives great flexibility . Read morePublished on October 19, 2010 by Amazon Customer
The cover is always in the way. Doesn' t fold out of the way. Readily.Published on October 12, 2010 by Rocky